Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ilbasso_74

In NE Ohio?? Cheap VFTs

ilbasso_74
17 years ago

If anybody is in or may be in NE Ohio (specifically the greater Akron area), PM me for the location of some dirt cheap VFTs.

I was in a grocery store that I don't usually go to (but is now my favorite place on the globe) and noticed the plastic cylinders of VFTs. I picked a couple that had very nice dark red traps and had a manager paged. I asked if the blackend ones were going to be marked down and she said she'd cut me a deal since black meant that they were dying! She began rooting through these plants grumbling about how many she was sent and kept pulling plants aside for me. She was even willing to cut me a deal on the non-blackened plants if I got more than one. I said that I had two that were a nice dark red color and she informed me that red meant they were dying too! Black and red were dying-they should be all green!!!! So those two were also added in. When all was said and done, I walked out with TEN flytraps...at 50 cents apiece! One even had a flower stalk pressed against the top of the container. That has been cut off for this season and they shall be repotted and slowly moved into the sun working their way up to about 10 hours a day.

Needless to say, I'm a tad "giddy" this afternoon! These plants have some black leaves and some partially black traps but all have lots of nice green or red growth. Give it another week and I'm sure she'll be pulling more "dying" plants aside so let me know if anybody is close enough to the region and wants the location to stop by and pick a few up.

I'll try to get some photos in the future.

Comments (11)