Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Earwig Hotel

Posted by ltecato 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 20, 09 at 16:50

Earwigs check in, but they don't check out.

Earwig in S. purpurea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Earwig Hotel

Hee hee! Funny post.
That's my kind of plant! If I could grow a few thousand of them it might make a dent in my bug population.
Nice photo, too.
Renee

o

LOL! It's a plant eat animal world out there! Here are recent pictures of smaller critters, on butterworts and sundews:

Carnage

Carnage

Carnage

Hungry D. aliciae

Hungry D. regia

o

Petio: Those fungus gnats are like a built-in, self-perpetuating food supply. Sadly though, one of my sundews caught a lacewing the other day. I hate it when they kill beneficials, but I figure it all balances out in the end.

What's amazing about my photo, to me at least, is that the earwig couldn't just crawl out of the trap. It was still alive when I took the photo. Apparently those downward-pointing hairs really do the trick. I'd have thought it was physically impossible.

o

Yeah, it's almost like the plants know what they're doing! Seriously, it's a one-way evolutionary feature.

o

Yeah, It's about like the plants apperceive what they're doing! Seriously, it's a one-way evolutionary feature.

Here is a link that might be useful: Discount Hotels

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here