Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
samuel_01

On N. Ventricosa, Plant Maturity, and Other.

samuel_01
13 years ago

Hi everyone here on the forums, this is my first post, and I have just a few questions I was hoping maybe a few of you could answer.

My first question is just a simple one andd that is on fertilizing Nepenthes, mine being an N. Ventricosa. I have been reading that I should use 1/4 strength solution. So does that mean 1/4 of the already diluted orchid fertlizer. They say 1/4 tbsp to 1 gallon, so is that okay? Or should I take 1/4 of that being 1/8 tablespoon.

Secondly, how can I tell the maturity of my Ventricosa, or any of my plants really. I suppose I focus specifically on the nep because I would really like to see it flower, but I have read it doesn't flower for a while. Is there really any way of making an educated guess by looking at it?

Lastly, I am mainly still confused about Upper vs. Lower pitchers. I have read a few other posts relating to this, but I have not found exactly the answer I am looking for, but forgive me if any of these questions are repeats.

I guess I'm just confused when it comes specifically to the N. Ventricosa. I've seen upper and lower pitchers for say the rafflesiana, but I haven't found anything for ventricosa? They have both right? And if so, what are the pitchers it firsts produce? I've posted a pic of mine that hopefully you can see, but what kind of pitchers are those? If it's a ground pitcher, how do I encourage climing pitchers, and if its a climbing pitcher, how do I encourage ground pitchers.

Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading, hopefully at least 2/3 questions can be answered XD

Thanks,

Samuel

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:556083}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored