Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hunterkiller03

My two mexican pings purchased last year

hunterkiller03
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

Well this is my update of my previous post in November regarding to Mexican ping I purchased at Lowes. Which I called type I (possibly P. gypsicola) & the large one as type 2 (possibly P. moctezumae).

After taking care of them, repotting in new soil and required growing conditions, they flowered. However, when trying to take a picture, I promptly crushed them when they accidentally tipped them over turn & fell upside down to the floor. my plants fortunately only suffered leaf damage but most of the plantlets on the type I, because they were on the surface died accept for the two large ones. :-p

They recovered and by February the plants on both pots went dormant, waking up by the 2 nd week of May. But still growing in their pots I put them in when I got them, but with different medium.

Either way, the large turns out to be P. moctezumae, which forgave me for my clumsiness by flowering again. And

{{gwi:556928}}

And this is the plant & flower

{{gwi:556929}}

{{gwi:556930}}

The type I is P. medusina, able to identify how to leaves & dormant bud and its habit of growing plantlets at its tips. HasnÂt flowered yet but it is making plantlets whatÂs called the intermediate leaves when they 1 st wake up from dormancy.

{{gwi:556932}}

{{gwi:556934}}

And the plantles at its tips.

{{gwi:556935}}

{{gwi:556936}}

Still growing.

Cheer!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?