Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paul__gw

ailing Ceph

paul_
14 years ago

Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Got this lil guy last spring as I recall. Kept it outside in semi shaded conditions for the summer & it seemed to do okay. Over winter it went in my 55 gal terr as my apt humidity tops out at about 30% -- and that's with 2 humidifiers running. Lighting for the terr was provided by 6 cfls -- sorry having a 'braincramp' can't remember if they are 60W or 75W equivalents. It has been sufficient to bloom an african violet on the terr floor not directly under the lights and also one of my mounted orchids that requires medium to bright light. Watering was done w/RO water. Temps in the terr were the 70sF to 80sF.

Ceph did okay for most of the winter but declined from Feb/March on til its at this point:

{{gwi:556965}}

Particularly some of the vegatative leaves had a rather pitted appearance. Did not noticed any bugs on them though I suppose mites might have been too small to easily spot?

With summer here, I have removed the ceph from the terr and plan to try to re-acclimate it to the great outdoors for the summer. Suggestions?

Comments (2)

Sponsored