Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sleepofapples

Drosera capillaris (i think) care?

sleepofapples
15 years ago

I found what I think is a Pink Sundew in Taylor County in Georgia. It was out in sandy soil by a creek, about 5 inches above the water line. The whole (main) plant cant be bigger than a quarter and there are several smaller ones growing around it. It is green with pink at the ends of the little spines and the two biggest plants have tiny thin stems growing out of them that I assume will be flowers. I can post pictures tomorrow if need be. I have absolutely no experience with carnivorous plants, other than being discouraged by what you refer to as deathboxes from lowes. I do keep reptiles and have a few tanks with just plants, so I have some experience with maintaining humidity levels and light as well as drainage, soil ph, and water ph. I work at a pet store with access to RO water if I need it. I have looked around on the internet for a care sheet but have had no real luck, can someone point me in the right direction or tell me some specifics as far as temperature, humidity, light wattage, and watering instructions? I have LOTS of old fishtanks, bowls, and other containers to keep it in but I dont know where to start.. Also.. and this might sound quite dumb.. but how exactly do you feed them? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance..

Comments (4)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals