Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doowop_6116

scorched or adjusting or about to flower .that is the question

doowop_6116
15 years ago

I was curious .After doing alot of research I couldn't find this next related question . I'm having issues with my D Filliformis Tracia . kewl name lol / Any way folks . I recently aquierd it on June 26th . It's slowly adjusting I think .Standard problem .It's leaves still is blackening and browing at their tips . They Dye I know It'S just normal adjusting conditions . It dews up on two healthy unfurling leaves .I moved iI cut down as they are develeoping there leaves at bace about 5 leaves are toast . this is confusing part . or any number of factors could be at work . I' water with pure . I sure know one thing . Seems normal to adjusting slow . Unless its heat scorch from the morning and late afternoon sun .ty for any sugestions among thoughs growing these . Sundew's weeken befor going to flower . ? i don't know lol Any way ty and happy growing DooWop .

Comments (3)

• petiolaris
    15 years ago

One of the most common issues with plants is that hobbyists take them from inside to outside without acclimating them. The result tends to be a raction. Sometimes they outright die and sometimes the existing leaves are "toast", but the new leaves come in fine. One ought put plants outside in the shade until they show new growth.

• doowop_6116
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello Palaris ,And others good guess' . I live in an apartment building . I keep mine out doors on the window sill . I have a zone 6 summer .Actualy live in what is consitered as the banana belt of canada .Exteam southern tip of canada ,So our summers hover any where from 58 to 102 F . i Refuse to bring them in and out .From a high humitity I have my window open and full light from 7 am to 1 pm .From 4 untill 5 they receive full sun .4 pm .Then full sun untill sunset ,Then moved bk to the east window overnight .My Capensis and three banata's have adjusted .I just clipped of flower stalks to the 3 Banata's /And the D.Ditchitoma is shooting up 8 new leaves in the past 3 weeks .Them and the D capensis are heathy and happily dewy .Quite showy . And the Capenis is amomst finished flowering ..can't wait for the fun to start with seedling's .All my capensis when they flower get drained of energy .I wonder since they've all flowered And showed simalar sighns .If it's an effect of it.Is to soon to know ,When u first receive your plants .u have to figur all these little this things out .With having to rule out some things .I can rule out suddenly changing envirements .Since the filliformis is subject to the out door temps as allthem polaris lol I know Drosera filliformis tracia flower this time of the yr / may -august .So i;ll be watching for hopefuly a nice batch of seeds .if there staral .?Just wondering if others fimilur with the flowering habit or from thoughs fimilar with D F T. Would know . Good luck and happy growing Scott

• doowop_6116
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Follow up .Well I'm glad I ingnorned all the advice , The filiformis is rebounded and is putting up 6 healthy leaves , nice and dewy . After carefuly reading though the advice given here and Northwest carnenories . I carefuly ruled out this accumlitive messure when this plant has been strickly growen out doors ,And not subject to any sudden tempature changes . As erronisly pointed out earlier in here . Although that is a common error made by beginners . This was not the case . Seem's this plant is alot slower to adjusting . Thus putting up leaves that would blacken at the tips seems normal since the plant was just received almost 4 weeks ago . All my orther drosera's are doing very well . Both D Binata stagehorns are putting up new healthy leaves . Same with the binata . Also D capensis is almost finished flowering . It has 8 new leaves .Although smaller because of the energy taken to reproduce flowers .I can't wait untill it finishes . I can;t wait for it to go to seed . And fet lots of new plants .aI;ll also reproduce the flower stalk . Some times its best when reading advice to use good judgment and reasearch and observe befor following advice .Ty and happy growing .Scott

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting