Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stefpix

Ping. Moctezumae with Drosera Adelae?

stefpix
14 years ago

I bought at Lowes one of those cubes with a D Adelae which I repotted.

I also got from ebay 2 Pinguicula Moctezumae.

Is it ok to keep them in the same container or tray with an inch of distilled water? Or it will make the Ping rot?

I found a lot of info about the Drosera and other Pinguiculas but I am confused about the one I have if it should be more "dry" than the Drosera...

I got them to maybe deal with gnats near my orchids.

Comments (9)

• tommyr_gw Zone 6
    14 years ago

The ping I believe should NOT be in a water tray. I keep mine out of water trays and just keep the soil moist. The Adelae can and needs to go in a water tray.

• stefpix
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks -
    I use an Ikea clear container as a high "walled" tray.

if i keep both in the same container with the Drosera in the water and the Pinguicula on top of a flat stone or small brick above the water level would be okay? doesnt the mexican Ping Moctezumae require high humidity?

• hunterkiller03
    14 years ago

Be careful about the brick, it may leach minerals into the water.

• stefpix
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks - that isis smart thinking...
    do you think if i use some small ikea metal pot upside down [ steel or aluminum i guess] would leak metal to the water?
    what could i use?

• stefpix
    Original Author
    14 years ago

actually i have a few wooden soap holders from ikea that may do the trick...

• petiolaris
    14 years ago

Tommy... I have a straight up P. moctezumae and it is clearly the worst looking ping that I have. What works for them?
    {{gwi:558037}}

All of the hybrids with this species are contrastingly vigorous, but the species itself is struggles.

• bman111
    13 years ago

i bought one in a death cube from lowes and i don't know how to take it out of the death cube with out hurting it please help!!!!!!!!!

• taz6122
    13 years ago

Turn it over and dump everything out holding the plastic liner and pot firmly. Then cut the plastic liner or frame or whatever it's called with scissors.

• taz6122
    13 years ago

BTW one post would do the trick.

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor