Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ping. Moctezumae with Drosera Adelae?

Posted by stefpix 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 24, 09 at 12:27

I bought at Lowes one of those cubes with a D Adelae which I repotted.
I also got from ebay 2 Pinguicula Moctezumae.

Is it ok to keep them in the same container or tray with an inch of distilled water? Or it will make the Ping rot?

I found a lot of info about the Drosera and other Pinguiculas but I am confused about the one I have if it should be more "dry" than the Drosera...

I got them to maybe deal with gnats near my orchids.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ping. Moctezumae with Drosera Adelae?

The ping I believe should NOT be in a water tray. I keep mine out of water trays and just keep the soil moist. The Adelae can and needs to go in a water tray.

o

thanks -
I use an Ikea clear container as a high "walled" tray.

if i keep both in the same container with the Drosera in the water and the Pinguicula on top of a flat stone or small brick above the water level would be okay? doesnt the mexican Ping Moctezumae require high humidity?

o

Be careful about the brick, it may leach minerals into the water.

o

thanks - that isis smart thinking...
do you think if i use some small ikea metal pot upside down [ steel or aluminum i guess] would leak metal to the water?
what could i use?

o
RE: ps/Ping. Moctezumae with Drosera Adelae?

actually i have a few wooden soap holders from ikea that may do the trick...

o

Tommy... I have a straight up P. moctezumae and it is clearly the worst looking ping that I have. What works for them?
P. moctezumae

All of the hybrids with this species are contrastingly vigorous, but the species itself is struggles.

o

i bought one in a death cube from lowes and i don't know how to take it out of the death cube with out hurting it please help!!!!!!!!!

o

Turn it over and dump everything out holding the plastic liner and pot firmly. Then cut the plastic liner or frame or whatever it's called with scissors.

o
REE: Ping. Moctezumae with Drosera Adelae?

BTW one post would do the trick.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here