Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plants earning their keep....

Posted by CJ-Speciosa none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 19, 13 at 17:55

So we had a party two weeks ago and because of all the ins and outs, the house was filled with house flies. Eventually, they ALL made their way to the kitchen window, where there were hungry plants resting on the sill.

My fly trap caught 5 of them and while tending to my pitcher plant, I discovered it had gotten 3 of them!! I don't know why it excites me so much, but the fact that these plants did what they were supposed to do and did it naturally really go me going.

I was wondering if having five traps eat at once would be okay for my fly trap? I've never fed it that much, and really I barely feed it as is.

I just hope it's not too much food at once.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plants earning their keep....

It's fine, I'd worry more about keeping these in the house. VFTs and Purple pitcher plants are not house plants an belong outside.

o

No plant is a "house plant" and they all belong outside.

o

That being said they are thriving. More so then most that I've seen.

o

Wow! those pitchers have an amazing deep purple color, very nice, however your raising them, looking good .

o

Thanks. It's all in the spot you put them. And of course, keeping them moist at all times.

o

Beautiful plants!

o

CJ, too bad you cant enter the cobra nest in a CP show, you would prob get best in show.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here