Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sradleye

vft, problem?

sradleye
10 years ago

My friend gave me this vft a week ago. she got it at a big box store. it came in a plastic container, which seem to be referred to as death cubes. I think I jumped the gun on a lot of things. first of all I immediately fed it, who can resist. problem is I dropped the bug with its head sticking out of the trap. removed as best I could the head after. since then all the other three heads, four total, have closed. I think its the gnats in here, but now I am worried the thing is just dying on me and I think the heads are turning brown. I immediately took it out of the plastic I put back a foot from a south window on a pebble tray, after a few days moved directly into the south window sill with pebble tray. watered by spraying with distilled water and keeping tray full, but not placing the small pot directly in the water. last night I let it dry out a little more so I could flush some more water over it today, which I did. so is this thing alright or what? thanks for your help and any advice in advance. also still in tiny plastic pot with just moss.

Comments (9)

Sponsored