Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help/care instructions....

Posted by emerald1951 4 (rstrobel@mchsi.com) on
Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 22:17

Hi, I just got this plant at home depot today...
I know what some may say should know how to care for a plant before you get it....well I was so surprised to find this that I am taking the chance....
need best advise for the care and upkeep of this pitcher plant what kind of soil, water, fertilizer,any and all tips...I live in Minnesota.....so it will have to winter over in the house come winter....any help, thank you all so much......linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help/care instructions....

If the weather outside is warm, I would advise it to soak up the good lighting and bugs. Inside fewer bugs, less light and less air circulation may lead to leaf discoloration, drying of the lower leaves and even pitcher tip browning.

Keep outdoors under a roof in the patio or under a tree ( best scenario) and water frequently. You might consider joining a forum devoted to nepenthes care. May I recommend Flora Nepenthaceae as it is a smaller forum and has many friendly folks that can help.

Otherwise grow like an orchid and bring indoors when weather starts to cool down too much.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nepenthaceae

o
RE: need help/care instructions....

This may help a ton...
http://www.cobraplant.com/caresheets/nepenthes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here