Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have I recently mentioned

Posted by clay_in_iowa 5IA (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 10, 06 at 9:03

how much I HATE FREAKING GRASSHOPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been very very very very busy lately and have had no time to take care of my pot of CPs. Finally last night I had a few minutes. Apparently a grasshoper had taken up residence in the pot and had been happily eating my Cps for several days. Nothing was spared, the VFTs were torn up, all my Pitcher plants were shredded, it even ate most of a D. filiformis. So after about an hour of trimming that saw the removal of over 50 pitchers I guess everything survived. I hope.

The only good news was finding the fat little F'er in the bottum of the pot. It's now little more than dust.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have I recently mentioned

I was just having a conversation with another CP forum member about how much trouble I am having with them as well. They must be pretty bad this year everywhere,.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here