Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jonocross

Nep Ventrata and VFT questions... Oh yeah and Name that plant

jonocross
17 years ago

Ok first off my nep question. I got this thing a few months ago and it had basically 1.5 inch pitchers. The first pitcher it made after that (off the first leaf it opened) became 3+ inches... LOL is that normal? Any ideas how that happened? Here's the pics of the plant.

{{gwi:560548}}
Here's the plant, early on in the growth of that first pitcher. I was starting to get excited when I saw that new pitcher (the one on the front) was already a little bigger than the others. It kept on growing for a few more weeks and eventually became this...

{{gwi:560549}}
{{gwi:560550}}
It actually has two pitcher that size now and a third starting out.

Ok, More Neps before I move on the VFT. What is this?

{{gwi:560551}}
{{gwi:560552}}
{{gwi:560554}}

I can't say what company it came from only that I got it from a local nursery and they had gotten it from their distributor so I have no idea what it is but would love to know what to call it.

Ok, VFT question... How big to the flower stalks get. Mine started shooting up a flower stalk a couple weeks ago and because the plant is healthy and I was curious this once I decided to let it grow... now its taller than my aquarium and I'm afraid I'm gonna burn it on my grow lights.

{{gwi:560556}}

The thing next to it are sea monkeys... I'm a man of many hobbies LOL.

Bill

Comments (7)

Sponsored