Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Here is my attempt at a big garden with Sarracenia

Posted by timhensley 5VT (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 16, 13 at 18:07

I made a trip to Cady's Falls in northern VT back in the spring. I had been toying around in my head about trying a very small bog garden but hadn't worked up the courage yet. While there I was able to speak with one of the ladies who was very knowledgeable about these plants. I purchased a S. flava and S. purpurea. So far both ate putting out multiple new growths and seem to be doing well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Here is my attempt at a big garden with Sarracenia

The title is suppose to read Bog Garden not Big Garden.

Here is a close up of S. purpurea.

o

Hey tim, nice pics you got there, how deep is the bog and what did you use for the growing medium. good luck with it..... now you need to throw in a VFT

o

I used peat moss and perlite as my medium. I bought a rubber bucket from the feed store and put it a few inches below ground level. I then added a few inches of sand, then the peat moss/perlite mix. I topped it off with some sphagnum moss and then planted. I have a couple of buckets set up to collect rain water.

Hopefully they will survive this winter. They were intriguing in the display gardens at Cady's Falls.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here