Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Filiformis Florida Form

Posted by ken2256 5b (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 19:04

Anybody growing this Drosera species, i hear their dormancy is very short.thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Filiformis Florida Form

I've got a few of these. Dormancy will be as long or as short as your growing season, or how you keep them. In Florida their natural dormancy is shorter than say, a VFT, but that's because "winter" in florida is only 2-3 months long in the coldest parts of the state. I'm confused by your question, I guess because they go dormant with the weather, so however you do dormancy where you are will determine how long they will be dormant for. Keep them in the fridge for 2 months, that's how long their dormancy will be, keep them outside and however long your winter is, is how long their dormancy will be. If you are asking if they tolerate a shorter dormancy, the answer is yes, but I'd keep them dormant for at least a good month or two for best growth.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here