Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kickinwing420

Venus Fly Trap Questions

Kickinwing420
9 years ago

So i bought two Venus Fly Traps from Wal-Mart a while ago. Today i got around to re-potting them, but i messed up pretty bad
i managed to trigger every single trap on one of the plants. it was a complete accident though. Me being as clumsy as i am, i dropped a whole cup full of peat moss/perlite mix all over the plant. Most of the traps closed with quite a bit of the mixture in them.
My question is, will that really mess up the plant? should i pick the clumps of perlite and moss out of the traps? maybe spray them down with a spray bottle?(distilled water) two of the traps are pretty bad...there's a lot of perlite in one, and another is FILLED with peat moss

i haven't placed the plants outside yet, i'm not sure when i should. Iv heard you're suppose to acclimate it. its been in a window for about 5 days, but it's been quite cloudy...so it hasn't got much direct sunlight. i would have waited to replant them had i been able to water them in the pots they were in. They were in the smallest little pots id ever seen, with only peat moss.

Anyway, any help is much appreciated. Im new to this Fly Trap thing.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling