Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nycti

Growths on Sarr

nycti
15 years ago

Hi Plant Lovers,

IÂve missed everyone and the forum. Been kept busy. We have had some bad monsoon storms this summer, one particularly bad storm with hail and sustained winds of 85 mph. Lost 1 old growth tree and some limbs from other trees. Amazingly all outside cps survived but computer did not. It was unplugged till the following sunny morning. When I plugged in the surge protector it crackled, popped and flashed from the wall outlet which blew the power supply and melted the wires to the mother board. I had the wiring in the home and the surge protector checked just to be safe, no explanation for it except it was time for a new computer. So I am learning Vista.

On to more interesting things. I have a problem with a sarr (I believe a Judith Hindle) I have had since last October. During the summer this one plant has developed these light brown, rectangle shaped, segmented "growths" that I thought might be some kind of scale. They start out a tan color, darken a bit then develop a whitish dust look around it. Only a few, they are very slow to return. I have sprayed it a couple of times with ortho systemic pesticide but they continue to come back. I have scraped them off and using a q-tip applied the pesticide that way. I have repotted. They still return. I have cut back all leaves with the "growths" on them, they still return on new growth.

I have included a pic, a bit blurry unfortunately. What is this stuff? A fungus maybe? Any suggestions?

{{gwi:562655}}Thank you for any thoughts or comments.

Nycti

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor