Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hope for my ceph?

Posted by paul_ z5 MI (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 13, 08 at 14:08

Obtained a small ceph this summer, something I've been wanting to try for a while now. Had it outside and it was doing quite well from what I could see. Unfortunately, with the insanity of my job, I wss rushing around & forgot to water it one morning though I knew it was time to do so. Came back that afternoon and it was quite wilted -- couple of the new larger pitchers (about 1/2") were somewhat shriveled. Mortified I watered it but the larger pitchers have not recovered and at least of the noncarnivorous leaves is definitely on its way out. Some of the youngest nubbins of pitchers to be look like they may be okay still. I have brought the plant inside as our outdoor temps are starting to get very erratic with fall approaching -- lows in the upper 50's at night, highs in the 70's and low 80's (wasn't sure if this would be a danger)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hope for my ceph?

I would allow the plant to dry out a bit. Use distilled water when you do resume watering. this species is also prone to a sudden death phenomenon. They grow well inside at window sills and artificial lighting but should have some seasonality to it. It is somewhat temperate. If you see "winter" leaves, as evidenced by a teardrop shaped, pluck as close to the base as possible and place white part in medium, like a chip dip.

C. follicularis sprout

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here