Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help asap!!

Posted by slimjim124921 Florida (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 19, 06 at 15:07

Well theres tons of questions that I have to ask I'll post later.

Today I went to go check on my venus fly trap and underneath my biggest trap there was an earwig, a pretty good size one.
and when I went to go flick it out of the plant it burrowed underneath the soil, I stuck my finger where it went and tried to dig it out but it was in too far :'(
I need to know if I have to transplant it because I don't know if earwigs eat VFT's or plants

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help asap!!

Welcome to the GW forum
From my experience,earwigs don't usually harm VFTs. The other way around. maybe someday you will find the earwig in one of the traps.

o

Earwigw WILL eat any and all CPS. They raped my pitchers and VFTs last year. Fortunately they did little if any lasting harm.

Earwigs are nocternal feeders, burrowing into the soil at teh base of a plant during the day, so you may be able to get the little guy after dark. If not bring the water level up in your pot, all the way to soil level, for a day and drown the pest. That won't affect your VFT at all.

o

good advice on the water, that's what I was thinking too. You'll either drown him or he'll come out where you can get him.

Once you do catch it, kill and feed it to your plants... REVENGE muahahaha!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here