Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gentoo_1980

weak pitchers Sarracenia

gentoo_1980
10 years ago

Hiya I've bought a Sarracenia three months ago and read up lots on how to take care of it. It's been doing great but today I noticed two new pitchers that are really weak, They're paper thin. They're stood upright but the hood caves in a little at the top as it's so weak. It even has creases on the sides of the pitchers.

The two pitchers are new and are bigger than any produced this year. There's also an older pitcher that's gone the same way.

I did manage to get some fertilizer on it 10 days ago when watering another plant but soaked the pitchers in water three times and rinsed the soil out three times. I wasn't a lot of fertilizer I don't think. Could this have caused it?

It's getting enough light, I don't think I'm over watering it. I've always had it sat in a bowl, half filled with water. I allow to drain and then refill.

It's outside in my yard but doesn't catch many bugs. I went to the pet shop a month ago for some meal worms but they were sold out and haven't been back uptown since. My first thought was that it was producing weak pitchers as it's malnourished but can't find the answer on google so have come here for help.

Sorry I can't upload a photo and don't know what type it is.

Thank you for reading this.

Comments (2)