Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help on my Nepenthes ventrata

Posted by roman_greenthumb Zone 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 29, 09 at 20:47

I got my nepenthes ventrata in lowes last sunday and 1 of the pitchers started to get really smoth and saggy and the mouth of the pitcher is closed and i dont know what to do. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help on my Nepenthes ventrata

If you took it out of the death cube it is just adapting to the lower humidity. It could also be adapting to better or worse light conditions. It would help if you would give more info about the conditions you are keeping the plant in. What are you watering it with?

o

Im using distilled water and i keep it at a window that gets lots of light

o

Lots of indirect light is fine. If it's getting more than a couple hours of direct sun that's too much. Keep the soil moist but not wet.

o

Yeah its getting inderect light and its moist so its just adapting then cause it took my venus fly trap 3 weeks to adapt and its growing more traps. And where i live its really dry and it takes about 1 day for the water in the tray to evaporate lol.

o

Don't keep a tray with water under it. It doesn't like wet feet. It needs to be dryer than other CPs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here