Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hunterkiller03

Visiting California Carnivore at

hunterkiller03
17 years ago

Hi All,

On the last week of September I went to California on vacation, visited some relatives in LA, Sacramento Stockton and finally the town of Santa Rosa, spending two days there. Three times I drove through Sebastopol on Gravenstein Highway (Highway 116), and never saw the Peter DÂAmatoÂs nursery California Carnivores. I didnÂt have any plans at all of visiting any nurseries and never realized that I was driving by his nursery. The nursery is situated on Old Gravenstein Highway, just northeast of Gravenstein Highway.

It was on my trip back to Stockton when I saw his nursery. I like to give thanks to Peter DÂAmatoÂs and his assistant (IÂm embarrassed to say but I forgot his name), he was gracious enough to let me stay to browse around, take pictures (will post later), and purchase some of his plants (which wasnÂt in my plans or budget, couldnÂt resist. His plants were beautiful) despite that his nursery is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday filling out mail orders (which he has a lot to fill).

Here are some of the pictures I took of his nursery.

{{gwi:553377}}

{{gwi:565065}}

{{gwi:553371}}

{{gwi:565066}} a variety of N. lowii with a small lid.

{{gwi:553379}}

{{gwi:565067}}

{{gwi:565068}} A carpet of pygmy Drosera.

What surprised me the most was he had his nepenthes standing in water, going against all recommendation I have received to date. All I can say it was fun and spend over two hours at the nursery. Next time IÂll plan this better arriving in a better time and more money to spend.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm