Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jonocross

How do you get little plants to grow bigger faster?

jonocross
17 years ago

Ok, I've got a sarr rubra which is doing nicely I think but I was wondering if there is anyway to tubocharge a sarr's growth. I know when they get bigger, the more bugs the better, but I don't think my little guy is big enough to actually let bugs in yet.

Will they respond to something like say, powered milk? My sundews love that stuff when they can't get enough gnats. Oh, guess that question applies to my butterwort too... will it respond favorably to a little powered milk? (its starting to get colder out and my plants are indoors and don't know its October at this point. The bug population is quite low for em.)

While I'm asking, how about cephalotus. I know they can be given a little bit of orchid food from time to time but when their pitchers are so little they're not getting any bugs, is there anything else I can do for them?

I know with my flytraps, if they don't go dormant (and they may not for a while due to the light I'm giving them right now) I can buy crickets for them. I found some moina on the web for my aquatic bladderworts. As I said, I'm just having some problems figureing out how to help my smaller plants. I'm open to ideas.

I have pics of all my plants at

http://members.aol.com/aracknight/index.html

If anyone wants to take a look. (I also put an link at bottom if you don't wanna copy paste hehe)

Here is a link that might be useful: Tangled Web of Aracknight

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?