Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I think i know what my mystery dew is!

Posted by melenkolee (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 13, 09 at 11:04

I've been surfing all over the place trying to combine the mysterious label of "scovp" with images of my little mystery dew...and if one has terrible handwriting, we can guess that maybe the V is actually supposed to be an R because my plant looks EXACTLY like a d. scorpioides!

Mystery solved! Now, can scorpioides and that itty bitty lake badger handle the same indirect light situation as the capensis and adelae? What about the d. binata, p. moctezumae and d. spathulata? Right now they're all in the same tray, same medium, same lighting that I had set up for my original adelae...

~Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I think i know what my mystery dew is!

I have a few scorpiodes. They get bright indirect light and a little late afternoon Sun. I think your others will do fine in the same conditions although I'm not positives as I don't have any of those.

o

That makes sense. Here's mine for confirmation:

D. scorpioides 'Red Flower'

o

That's the critter, down to the hair on its fuzzy little neck! Except mine is a lot smaller lol...and the leaves are all curled down from being shipped, but it seems to be perking up a bit. All the new plants seem to be doing pretty well - the lake badger, adelae and the p. moctezumae are showing some decent shock, but everything else seems to be holding up to the trauma. I hope I'm taking care of all of them properly! All but the n. "judith finn" are in a tray with the same indirect lighting I had for the adelae, supplemented by some CF bulbs because not only are our days getting shorter, it's been a few days here since we've seen sun at all! My mystery "death cube" nep is even showing signs of a new pitcher, and while still in the cube, is happy now with no lid! A couple more weeks and that one will be repotted! And exciting news...Miss Miranda has caught her first flies all by herself! (Jen, stop picking at the plants, lol...)

o

Normally, Neps can pout for several weeks, even months. Sundews take at least a week before new growth appears. Mexican butterworts are the quickest to respond and the easiest to ship. Pygmy sundews tend to be poor shippers and best sent as gemmae. Except fo the D. adelae, you can now increase the direct lighting.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here