Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bicarlata

Posted by jc91745 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 4, 10 at 20:02

HI!
I've had my N.bicarlata (is that how you spell it?)for about a few months now.
It had a pitcher when it arrived and it died off.
But it has never grown another pitcher since..
any suggestions?!!??!?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bicarlata

Raise the humidity and give it more light. bicalcarata

o

Make up a 1/4 strength solution of orchid fertilizer and spray the leaves ONLY with it every 2 weeks. This helps to induce pitchering. It really works. Of coarse make sure it gets BRIGHT, indirect Sun. I find humidity isn't a deal breaker but doesn't hurt either of coarse.

o

wat do u mean only the leaves??
if i spray it won't go down into the soil?
sorry im so stupid..
lol

o

Just spray the leaves, some of the mist landing on the soil won't hurt. You could wrap some paper around the soil top first but I've never felt the need. Just mist the leaves.

o

Taz, wasn't it you that suggested turning Nepenthes on their side to spray with foliar enrichment.

Seems like I remember reading that on the ICPS forum; good idea. That's how I mist mine.Photobucket

o

Yes, it works great doesn't it. Although nepenthes can take up a small amount of nutrients through the roots, the nutrients can kill the plant if they build up.

o

where can i get the orchid fertilizer??
and how much do i put in the water???

o

Get it at any local garden center. Use 1/4 of what the normal rate says to use. If it says 1 teaspoon, use 1/4 teaspoon. ALWAYS read the label!

o

umm a few days ago the tips of the leaves turned WHITE
any help again..?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here