Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
VFT Birth Announcement

Posted by nycti 9 (land of the oven) (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 31, 07 at 20:49

Happy Halloween to All

Hi Mutant and Petiolaris,

Thank you for your help the beginning of Sept. with the Venus Flytrap and the tiny vegetative apomixis. I took your suggestion and wrapped moss around it, keeping it damp. In a 2 yr old archive of another forum I finally found directions on how to remove it. I sacrificed the, not much of a chance, seeds and cut the stalk. By then the plantlet had started some tiny roots in the moss. Today it is outside in it's own pot enjoying our warm weather with mom. Mom took some time to recover but has put up lots of new growth, about 10 new traps, small, but growing and has good color. The baby is doing the same.

And thank you for the encouragement on separating the D. adelae. You are right, they grow like weeds. From one ( 2 leafed, dried up ) Home Depot plant I purchased in May I have about a dozen plus what I have given away.

Have a good evening,
Nycti

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: VFT Birth Announcement

Happy Halloween Nycti,

Good job. I had never dealt with vegetative apoximas before myself, but I was reasonably sure that they could be rooted and repotted. Those apoximas are usually brought on by hormonal imbalances in the plant due to inconsistent seasonal cues. Now that you have it away from the "dark store of plant limbo" and growing outside seasonally it should grow normally and stop making apoximas.

o
RE: VFT Birth Announcement

You're very welcome! Hey, it was just 4 years ago I was asking the basic of CP questions.... and made a lot of mistakes in the process!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here