Houzz Logo Print
xcoyotex

Possibly New Way of Triggering Dormancy

xcoyotex
14 years ago

First of all

HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!

This is my first post.....anyways back to my subject

I have read ways of triggering dormancy and I really didnt like any of them to tell you the truth and so I got to thinking(which is not always a good thing). Possible ways that i read were leave it outside and let nature take its course if you are in the right zone, or cover it with mulch if your zone is to cold, or the regrirator which is not the best method at all or put the plant by a chilly window.

I am not in the right zone to let nature take its course and i dont want to cover with mulch, and I just dont have that perfect chilly window, and i dont want to use the refrigarator method because it could kill it.

So i was thinking of a way that could trigger the dormancy with me still able to see it, have sunlight, and not freeze to death. What i came up with is basically a greenhouse. Not those huge ones or ones you can walk in, but like a glass box or possible a 2 by 4 frame wrapped with clear surround wrap. This way the plant isnt going to freeze but be cool enough to trigger the dormancy along with having sunlight, me able getting to it, and still in pots which i will be able to bring it inside then.

So what do you think? Will my glass box work? Will my 2 by 4 frame wrapped with clear surround wrap work(I would really like to know if this method would work because I could make this)?

Comments (2)

Sponsored