Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tap Water and my VFT

Posted by 2gd2btru none (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 22, 11 at 6:50

All was going well with my VFT and my Sundews till my automated sprinkler system went off this morning without me being aware and flooded by VFT and Sundews with TAP WATER!!. As soon as I noticed I removed them from their drip trays and threw out the tap water. I then flooded them with rain water, squeezed out the medium that they are in as best I could, and have now left them dry until tonight when I will once again give them rain water in their drip trays. Will one spray of tap water kill them and should I repot them in fresh medium or can I just flood them with rain water and see what happens? I would hate to lose them as they are so big and healthy. Can someone please advise urgently. If I need to repot, can I do it now in the middle of summer? I can only do on the weekend as I work all week and have no time to buy the medium they need - will this affect them badly or not?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tap Water and my VFT

If you flooded them well they should be o.k.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here