Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaflower_gw

Sundew Threatdown! (pic)

lindaflower
17 years ago

Well, guess what. See this cute face with the whiskers and wiggly nose?

{{gwi:568055}}
She ate my sundews!!! She was around them for 3 weeks and discovered them the other day ON TOP OF THE DESK! I noticed she nibbled a few and decided I would put some screen up to keep her away. Well, she came back and destroyed them before I could do it. I'm going to put up the screen anyway and hope the roots are still there. Beware the bunnies!

Comments (24)

• xymox
    17 years ago

how adorable!!! geezes, little critters love munching even on CPs just like grass. you're lucky to havea cute little rabbit!!!! :O

• lindaflower
    Original Author
    17 years ago

She's not so cute to me right now :o/

• xymox
    17 years ago

can i have her? lol.. sorry i just love little animals.

• lindaflower
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Don't get me wrong. I love them too. They're delicious!

• petiolaris
    17 years ago

Wasn't that the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

Bad Soultrain... bad...!

• xymox
    17 years ago

YOU eat rabbits?! :( that's so sad..

• lindaflower
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh Xymox, I was just kidding. Actually I am a member of P.E.T.A. that stands for People Enjoying Tasty Animals!

I'm yankin' your chain again!

• fly_traper
    17 years ago

you would think the dew would taste bad

• FlytrpL8E
    17 years ago

Linda, Cute Bunny.
    The drosera should come back if they had a good root system.
    I had to put my bunnies outside after they chewed a hole in the sheetrock in the bathroom. BAAAD bunnies.
    Lois

• petiolaris
    17 years ago

I saw a bumper sticker recently that read, "I love animals.... they're tasty!"

• clay_in_iowa
    17 years ago

I am a member of P.E.T.A. and it does stand for People Eating Tasty Animals!

A little flour and fried in a bit of butter, one tasty meal. YUM!!

Sorry, if God hadn't wanted us to eat animals he wouldn't hav emad them so tasty.

• lindaflower
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The carnage continues:

{{gwi:568056}}

I can't figure out how the bunny is getting up there! I put the screen up around the desk edge. Maybe I need to go to a bunny forum.

• petiolaris
    17 years ago

Oy Vey! It looks like a 1 year old got in there! Maybe you'll have to grease top perimeter.

Clay: A couple weeks ago I saw a bumper sticker that read:

"I love animals.... they're tasty!"

• lindaflower
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I wonder if my bunny is "tasty"

Pet: Check out my new zone! Haha!

• petiolaris
    17 years ago

True story: When I was working for am environmental company, in a former life, a bunch of us were sent to Texas. We flew into the Odessa-Midland Airport and one of the restaurants we ate at was this touristy place that advertized a 72 oz steak, and if you could eat all that and all the trimmings, it's free. I opted for this platter thingy that had a variety of delicasies I never had before. They had: frogs legs, buffalo, rattlesnake, RABBIT, and Rocky Mountain Oysters. Thankfully, they were all breaded and deep fat fried!

Bad Linda.... baaaaaaad! I'm sure you really meant "erroneous zone"!

• xymox
    17 years ago

poor little mammals.. ):

• lindaflower
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Pet: Do you know what Rocky Mountain Oysters are?!?

Xymox: I know you're' an omnivore just like the rest of us!

p.s. I can't eat nuthin' I named.

• petiolaris
    17 years ago

Linda: I sure do! A/K/A Calf Fries. Admittedly, I had to have it explained to me that evening, as I was eating them, mind you! But that's why we have napkins and beverages!

• hunterkiller03
    17 years ago

I doubt you be able to salvage any plants now. It looks pretty bad. If I had a bunny like that. Well... my brother is a outdoor barbecue freak and my brother sez bunnies make good eating.

• lindaflower
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I've got a plan: I'm going to screen off the whole top of the desk, take all the moss from the pots and put it into one with some peat in the bottom and have a mini bog. Next spring I may get some pleasant surprises from any roots left in the moss.

• lindaflower
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here is the new setup. All it lacks is mini razor wire!

{{gwi:568058}}

• petiolaris
    17 years ago

Looks so calm and serene.... And yet like Stalag 17!

• xymox
    17 years ago

so what are you growing now? i think bunnies should have their own cages, too. even though it is a bit sucky for them.. when you leave it outside while playing, keep an eye on her. that's what i do for my Rat everytime she would be out of her cage.

plants grow better outside :O
    Rabbitts do better in the grass. all happy and free

• ahughes798
    17 years ago

Oh...bunnies are a threatdown so much worse than bears.

Fortunately, or un....I don't have a rabbit..but I do have the cats who would eat pings. Then barf them up.

Sponsored