Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Non dormant Sundews/CP's

Posted by thbjr (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 07 at 10:51

First I want to thank everyone that posted to my previous thread,...GREAT advice!!! I have since up'ed my light to 2, 100 CFL's and my D. adelae is growing at a rate of about 2 leaves per week. My VFT is also growing, all be it slowly. I think I'll be putting it to sleep for the winter this weekend. Pitcher plant is just sitting there. :<(
I've done a bit of searching on this forum, but was not able to locate a list of CP's that do not go dormant. I think that if they are tropical they don't and temperate do. Is that correct?
Would someone please post a list of non dormant CP's, particularly Sundews? My guess is the non dormant list is much shorter than the dormant list. I believe these are non dormant, but are there more?
Cape sundews (D.capensis)
Spatulate sundews (D. spatulata)
Slack's sundew (D. slackii)
Lance-Leafed sundew (D. adelae)
Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!
Tom

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous post mentioned

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Non dormant Sundews/CP's

Hi tom,
Yeah, all those sundews are tropical.
There is great list at cobraplants.com.
Go to cobraplants.com.Then, to the right of the page will be a colored box
that says"Tropical Plants for your home" Click on it.
It will start off with nepenthes.Scroll down till you get to the sundews.
There will be a big list of them and you can buy any of them that are in stock
Cobraplants is the best place to order carnivorous plants I know!!!!
Good luck,
Adrian

o
RE: Non dormant Sundews/CP's

I would also recommend getting a copy of Savage Garden (~$21) as a great guide to cp's and what are tropical, sub-tropical, and temperate.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here