Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wilted DeRoose Alata

Posted by gre4pr 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 21, 13 at 17:56

Hello again I recently ordered two more Nepenthes DeRoose Alatas and theyspent a week in the postal service. After looking through the forums I decided to ask for help again. The company has already decided to send me two more for free, but I don't want to kill these if they have a fighting chance. The picture is one week in my care. I'm hoping their just in that much shock but would like to know if their fate is grim.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wilted DeRoose Alata

This is the other one.

o

Give them more time. What kind of water are you using? And for now give them bright, indirect Sun. Not direct Sun.

o

They are getting rain water brought in and left to allow for the temp to raise before watering. That's a 24 hour warm up. They are also under four compact fluorescent bulbs on my ceiling fan. The pics were on my porch so I could get better pics. The first one was what I was really curious about because even the growth tip wilted. Also the company has sent more to replace them but it has been in the mail since Wednesday and still haven't came in yet. The hygrometer says our house is at 70-80 rh but I don't know on that. Stays 65°-75°F. I water only when while pushing sphagnum water no longer comes out. Anything else just ask.

o

Keep moist, rainwater is good! give them some more time....

o

They are getting a little bit of the waxy coating back to their leaves. Also one leaf has died but that is probably to be expected after not having any light or water for a solid week. The bad part is with the amount of time the replacements have been in the mail, I will have to start again with reviving them.

o

Ok now three more leaves on each plant have died and all the others had to be trimmed halfway. Is there still any chance of them living? I know the conditions are good because my third plant that is only 4 months older is doing wonderful and the basals are taking off wonderfully. Can I check it or will the disturbance kill it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here