Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hunterkiller03

New plants being sold at Lowes in Arizona

hunterkiller03
14 years ago

Hi Everybody.

Well, this post will be the ones that live in Maricopa county of Arizona and maybe also Tucson. I donÂt know for the rest of the state but this could also affect California.

Anyways when I went to Lowes to buy new light fluorescent light bulbs at Lowes, I decided to visit the nursery section just to see what they might be selling today. Lo and behold, from Gubler Orchids, they were selling a new batch of Pinguiculas.

{{gwi:569436}}

The plants are the long thin leaves variety of Mexican pings but they seem to be two types, P. gypsicola and possibly the larger P. medusina if its not P. moctezumae. IÂm not sure if they are selling the two varieties, the only way to know is when they flowers. Either way, I bought the two looking varieties and hope I did purchase two species.

For now I'll be call them Type 1& 2 until I can identified them. This is type 1.

{{gwi:569439}}{{gwi:569441}}

And type 2. See the difference?

{{gwi:569444}}{{gwi:569446}}

Also purchase S. ÂCobra NestÂ, also from Gubler Orchids at Lowes that day.

{{gwi:569448}}{{gwi:569450}}

The media of my 'Cobra Nest' was covered on top with ornamental green moss, removed it immediately. I beats me why Gubler did that.

My new plant to replace the one that I purchase in LA California in Home Depot two months ago, this plant were being sold from Booman Nursery. It came in a new cube soft vinyl package. Well, it was practically dead and negotiated down to 50¢.

{{gwi:569452}}

They were also selling ÂRed Line Venus flytrap.

Also purchase a Nep, maybe itÂs a ventrata or ventricosa but the leaves & urns look quite different hopefully itÂs a new species. But then again, I may be cluttering my collection with another plant I already have.

{{gwi:569454}}

Usually I donÂt make post only for one area but for the growers here, this may be a chance to increase their collection.

Cheers!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus