Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
krstofer_gw

(Knocks..) Is the Cepholotus Doctor in?

Krstofer
15 years ago

Ok. I picked up this ceph about... A year ago. It was doing Awesome- Nice red traps, multiple growing points.. It was doing fine until.. 3 or so months ago when the traps started to loose their red.

I figured it was something to do with the time of the year.. Couple of the traps had died so I picked 'em out, figuring they die sometimes. No big deal.

Well, as you can see, things have gotten worse.

{{gwi:569555}}

It's become obvious it's not in the optimum growing conditions.. So. What do those of you who do it well.. Do?

I'm at the point where if you tell me what to get or make or whatever.. I'll do it.

Since I'm sure someone will ask.. Conditions it's in now? Dude usually sits in about 1/4" to 1/2" of rainwater in a windowsill, there's three 23 watt 'circline' fluorescent bulbs hanging about 6" away, and it gets "overspray" from a 250 watt 20,000K metal halide which is about.. 2 feet away.

Next to it are a few flytraps & drosera.. Who incidentally don't seem to be very dewy.

Temps are 75ish days & 65ish nights.. Humidity ranges from 40 to 70, depending on how much "liquid sunshine" we're currently getting here in the Pacific NW.

Any suggestions / advice will be greatly appreciated.. As I'd really rather not loose this guy.

Comments (7)