Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
apacholek10

New to Carnivorous Plants

apacholek10
14 years ago

Hi all,

I have tried to grow a lot of things: cacti and succulents, fruits, vegetables, flowers, and even some Carnivorous types. The only type that have given me troubles are the carnivorous plants. So I have a 29 gallon tank and am fixing to make a good go at some plants of the carnivorous variety. It has a T-8 Light that is 17 Watts I believe. Questions:

1. What is a good soil mixture for most types of carnivorous plants? I am into mixing my own soils to see what works best for me, but I am unsure of where to start right now. Any advice would be great!

2. is my T-8 17 Watt bulb good enough or should I change it out for somethign stronger/weaker? How long should I leave it on for hwne I get the plants planted?

3. What are some good sites to buy plants and seeds from? I know of cobraplant.com, but that is all. Any good magazines I could subscribe to or that are free that could be sent to me?

4. Watering techniques and needs for most plants?

That is all I can think of, but I would really appreciate nay help or tips! If anyone is up for trades I have quite a few cacti and succulents, so just let me know !

Thanks !!!

Anthony

Comments (3)

Sponsored