Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltecato

Your mother doesn't post here...

ltecato
14 years ago

... so before you ask a bunch of rookie-level questions, please take a look at the faq page for this forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: FAQs

Comments (13)

• taz6122
    14 years ago

What's this thread for? Are we going to point fingers at people who should be asking Mommy? I would suggest going through the older posts to see if your question has been answered. I wont mention any names but some people will answer the same question over and over. That's what we're trying to avoid. If we know it's been answered you may not get any replies.

• ltecato
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You may have misunderstood my point, Taz. I'm just reminding newcomers that we do have an FAQ page. I'm certainly all in favor of searching the forum or using Google as well.

• phycodurus11
    14 years ago

please remember that not everyone is as able to use features of web pages as well as you. Be kind and remember that there are older and younger people just learning how to use computers or the internet in the first place. Point it out nicely please as they may need to learn how to use these features and maybe help them instead of flaming? If you want to remind people of the faq (great) it would be more helpful if that was the title rather than the one you chose.

• petiolaris
    14 years ago

LOL! That would be me when I first registered. I'm just a baby-boomer, learning from the teens, how to use the computer!

• justapeeker
    14 years ago

You are not our mother either ! Good thing huh ?

• pinguicula
    14 years ago

Hmmmmmm a bit of a self-importance complex....whats up with the "Your mother doesn't post here" line. You were a rookie once too and while you are right that others may be asking questions at that level at least they keep the forum going. No one makes you open a thread: if you deem it to be "below" you then don't open it and certainly don't attack people for utilizing this forum for its purpose. Perhaps you could use your self described expertise to educate others as opposed to degrading them. People are here to communicate with others about their plant interests not be attacked with sophomoric comments.

• taz6122
    14 years ago

If ppl would follow the very simple instructions on the bottom of each forum page this topic would not even exist. No one should have to be reminded of the FAQs. It should be one of the first pages visited along with the forum rules and Terms of service. Do you throw the instructions out before learning how to use something?

• petiolaris
    14 years ago

LOL.... guys don't read instructions until AFTER they've screwed it up! Then we hand whatever to our wives and they do it right.

• taz6122
    14 years ago

Speak for yourself Jim. That may be true for you guys that need a security blanket lol. I've always read the instruction sheet all the way through before attempting to build or even put batteries in something that's more intricate than a clock radio. Things run smoothly that way and you don't have to peel your mate away from their project to do what you should have to begin with. What a waste of time!

Jim you sound very dependent. Hope your wife's not a blond lol.

• petiolaris
    14 years ago

I'm just fostering the stereotype. Of course I read instructions first. I'm probably comparably as whipped as the next guy.

• phycodurus11
    14 years ago

Wow, all I know is this happens on all forums, someone always makes the most basic of posts that a quick google would've answered (much quicker than registering, waiting for a confirmation e-mail, and then posting) I honestly just think some people want to get involved and feel part of the group even if they know nothing about the subject yet. Everyone learns differently and some need their hand held, they want to be told about it by people they trust (usually due to lurking first) rather than read web pages/posts of people they feel are strangers to them. Is this really the worst ever?

• taz6122
    13 years ago

As for not reading or replying to a more basic question should we let newbies answer it instead?? Do you want to keep your plants alive?? Make sure your question hasn't been answered at least on the first couple of pages before posting. It would be even better to use the search function but we all know that's impossible for some, LOL! If you haven't learned how maybe you should?? It's not difficult to type a key word or 2 and hit the search button is it?? Use the search toward the bottom of the page to search just the forum you are in!

• lycopus
    13 years ago

Here is a more direct link to this forum's FAQ

Here is a link that might be useful: The Carnivorous Plant FAQ

Sponsored