Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rot top of S. purpurea

Posted by wildlifehelper2000 MD (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 18, 06 at 19:15

I found on top of crown a part where lost growing point was rotting. Thought that was odd? So I scraped off much of the dead parts off,but not all the way to live part,just bearly. And sprayed fungicide on it and watched it to soak in to let me know I need to spray little more. Few days later I checked,seem ok? I just wondering how and why this happen?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rot top of S. purpurea

Many fungi will attack CPs, it's completely normal. Never heard of your particular case, but if its doing fine now i guess it was some kind of fungus.

o
RE: Rot top of S. purpurea

So far its ok. I sprayed it little more today just in case. Saddly I lost one of my butterworts this week that I keep in the house in winter since these are like sub-tropicals.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here