Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pot size for Sarracenia

Posted by dustin_nevadanorth z5 NV (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 25, 09 at 23:18

Next summer I want to try some Sarracenia. They say the larger the pot the larger the plant. What is the minim size pot for a robust Sarracenia. How big a pot could I use before it is too big to benefit the plant size?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pot size for Sarracenia

Here's a visual:

Porch Plants

Porch Plants

o

Pretty plants. Thanks What else are you growing with the cp? sunflowers?

o

My wife wanted me to do some "container gardening". So I had a couple token items - tomatoes and an attempt with strawberry seeds, which failed miserably.

o

Hey Jim I think Dustin is talking about the plants in the two middle buckets in the second picture. Looks like maybe nasturtium on the left?? Maybe the same on the right but looks more like an ivy to me. Just a guess!

o

Oh.... those.... they're "Devil's Claw". They are classified as quasi-carnivorous plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Carnivorous Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here