Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dyhgarden

Selling plants for greyhound adoption kennel

DYH
16 years ago

I'll be taking a variety of plants to sell at the open house at Project Racing Home (PRH) on Saturday, May 17th from noon until 4:00pm. All of my profits will be donated to this greyhound adoption kennel.

PRH is located south of Greensboro just off Hwy220, exit on Hwy 62. If you take the 62 exit from Greensboro, turn right on Hwy 62, turn right on Faulkner Road, the kennel is the first place on the right. Very easy.

There will be food and other things for sale at this event. If you've never met a greyhound, you're in for a real treat. They are sweethearts. There are quite a few up for adoption right now, too.

We adopted our Won By Her Wits or "Charm" at PRH almost five years ago. Charm will be with my husband and I at the open house. We'd love to meet some Carolina Gardeners.

Hope to see you there!

Cameron

NCDA Licensed Nursery Retailer

Kennel Info:

Project Racing Home

Greyhound Adoptions

7015 Faulkner Road

Randleman NC 27317

(336) 674-5774 - kennel

www.getagreyhound.com

{{gwi:546746}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Get a Greyhound

Comments (4)

• trianglejohn
    15 years ago

You must know my friend Phyllis Nunn. She is big in the local greyhound rescue scene. The key to finding homes for greyhounds is to let people pet them. No other dog has that silky coat - just a pleasure to touch - they feel like satin.

• DYH
    Original Author
    15 years ago

John, sorry I don't know Phyllis. The greyhounds love to "meet and greet" people. They are often holding greyhound adoption meets at the local PetSmart stores, outside Pannera in different locations and sometimes at Lake Crabtree for get togethers.

I could go on and on about how wonderful they are as house dogs. They are very different from other breeds. The short hair and lack of body fat makes for a clean, nice smelling dog! LOL

Our Charm doesn't bark at anything. She only barks in excitement when we're playing. They run 41+ mph, so you can't let them off leash unless you're in a controlled space. The rest of the time, they love to just nap, nap, nap. Very huggable, big dogs.

• rootdiggernc
    15 years ago

They had a sweet greyhound pup up for adoption on Fox 8 news this morning. He had a bad back so was retired early. Still had his puppy hair. What a cutie!

• DYH
    Original Author
    15 years ago

There are a lot of cute greyhounds up for adoption!

Here's the press release for this Saturday:

PRESS RELEASE Â FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Project Racing Home Celebrates Placing Over 700 Retired Greyhounds for Adoption at its Five Year Anniversary

Randleman, N.C., May 6, 2008 Â Project Racing Home was started five years ago as a retirement facility and adoption organization working to place retired racing greyhounds into loving homes. Since its inception, theyÂve placed over 700 greyhounds through their adoption process.

To mark this achievement, Project Racing Home (PRH) will host a five-year anniversary celebration on May 17, 2008 at their facility at 7015 Faulkner Road in Randleman.

From 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. animal lovers of all ages are invited to the festivities which will include food, raffles, giveaways, demonstration by local K-9 units and live entertainment, courtesy of Martha and the Moodswingers.

A new play and exercise lot will also be dedicated during the celebration.

A non-profit organization, the six-acre facility relies on donations and funding from supporters and assistance from volunteers.

"WeÂre very proud of all our supporters and volunteers who have contributed to the success of this facility." said Kimberly Jewell, director. "The ongoing support from the community is what makes this such a worthwhile endeavor."

Additionally, PRH has invited other local rescue groups to participate in the anniversary celebration and help promote spay and neuter programs and general animal welfare throughout the community.

The kennel will be open for tours and all available greyhounds for adoption will be ready to find their new families during the event.

Summary:
    Project Racing Home Five Year Anniversary Celebration
    Saturday, May 17, 2008
    12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
    Free and open to the public
    Food, giveaways, raffles and live entertainment
    www.getagreyhound.com