wondering why we have a conversation side when

ncgardengirl
14 years ago

We NEVER talk about anything here? LOL.

:) Fran

Comments (10)

• tamelask
    14 years ago

It used to get used a lot more. TJ's state of real estate thread has been followed and commented on heavily this yr. Honestly, some folks are posting things on the main board that should be here or in the exchanges page. I get in the habit of cking all 3 every 3rd or 4th time i ck discussions. This has always been the least trafficked of the 3, though.

• dottie_in_charlotte
    14 years ago

Spike used to be more vigilant about keeping the forums on topic before he sold out to ivillage. We're very lucky to have 3 separate forums for the Carolinas since many others only have the gardening forum. We should use the conversations more often. It should be the home for folks looking to move to the Carolinas.

• trianglejohn
    14 years ago

Even though this subforum seems dead or rarely used it is utilized much more often then some of the forums on GardenWeb.

I think we got this "perk" because our forum has heavy traffic and is pretty much civil, compared to other forums.

We are special.

• dottie_in_charlotte
    14 years ago

Indeed we are special!
    Do you all ever spend time on the Southern Gardening forum?
    I flip back and forth between Carolina and Southern forums but that forum, covering a much broader area, is not as active as our Carolina forum.
    As for civility, it's hard to transition between the eBay general forums and the GardenWeb forums.

Finally unearthed my GardenWeb teeshirt so I can wear it again.

• aezarien
    14 years ago

I keep forgetting it is here lol.

• rootdiggernc
    14 years ago

I use to post in here, but people eo rarely show up in here, lol... it was too much like talking to myself and when I was tempted to answer, well.... :)

• dottie_in_charlotte
    14 years ago

Well, once more of us get in the habit of checking here maybe we can shift some of the non-gardening posts over here.
    Here might be a good spot to start another 'where do you live in NC/SC" thread.
    That way they wouldn't fall off the first page so quickly and we could direct newbies to that thread.
    Shall I start one for NC? Waddya think?

• tamelask
    14 years ago

go for it, dottie!

• dottie_in_charlotte
    14 years ago

Mebbe tomorrow or Monday. Big party today 346 people expected (fortunately not at my house but a neighbors and I do half the cooking).

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yea I used to talk here too, but like was said we stopped.
    I think we should use it more often since it is here too, but I like aezarien forget sometimes and I forget to come check the Carolina side most of the time now because I haunt the Round Robin forums.
    I however also like root said:
    I use to post in here, but people eo rarely show up in here, lol... it was too much like talking to myself and when I was tempted to answer, well.... :)
    absolutely UNDERSTAND and decided since I WAS talking to myself I would shut up LOL...
    BUT I am so glad to see some of us oldies are still here altoghter!

:) Fran

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner