Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rootdiggernc

WANTED: High Point Area Winter Seed Swap!! 1/31/09

rootdiggernc
15 years ago

It's time for the winter seed swap here in the High Point/Greensboro area! It'll be the last Saturday of this month, which is the 31st. If it snows us out we'll make the 7th of Feb/Saturday, our snow date.

Same place and time as last year. Panera Bread on Hwy 68/Eastchester. We do this after the lunch rush so 2:00 until....

Bring whatever seeds you have to share and you might want to bring some additional baggies/lopes and markers. This is very informal. We'll grab some tables and pass what we bring around. Last winter it was incredible what everyone brought. I still haven't been able to plant a lot of it.

If you can let us know that you're coming it gives us an idea of how many tables to grab.

Panera's is on the corner of Hwy 68/Eastchester and Penny Road. Easy to google/map or let me know if you need more info.

Panera Bread

2400 Penny Road

High Point, NC 27265

(336) 812-4593 : phone

We'll See Ya There!

Comments (20)

• susandonb
    15 years ago

I am coming this year! Count me in!

Thanks for organizing this.

Susan Berry

• PRO
    Lavoie Boho
    15 years ago

Count me in once again. :-) Robin

• woodsworm
    15 years ago

I plan to make it this year!
    Carole

• rootdiggernc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi, Susan, Robin and Carole! Glad you're coming!

• kadtree
    15 years ago

I will be OFF that day, so yes count me in as well, finally I will be able to make it to one. Yeaaaa... Can we also bring some vegetable seeds also, or just flower ones?

• susandonb
    15 years ago

Please bring veggie seeds, my fave!! I will come bearing gifts!

• rootdiggernc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kadtree, Cool! ...and you can bring any kind of seeds.

Hi Susan, glad you're coming!

I am bringing some older Peter Pepper seed (orange). They're getting older and don't have the best germination rate, but I just sprouted some on top (for bottom heat) of our fish aquarium's light, so they are still viable,... If anyone wants some, just know that they are older. Heat level is 7-8 - Capsicum annuum.

• rootdiggernc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Tomorrow's the day! Don't forget!

• woodsworm
    15 years ago

OK, fellow seed-heads, I hope someone(s) will want my variously sized seedling cups that have multiplied in my basement. I'll keep them in the car rather than bring them into Panera, as they are a bit "dusty." I'll have plenty of plastic bags to divide them into. They're mostly 4-8 seed cups together, the little plastic things we can't throw away when we buy seedlings.

Carole

• rootdiggernc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone! I had fun as always, and I always learn something new at these things! I'll post pics later. Kathy got away before that part started, but I think I got everyone else. Vickie was sick with the flu, but said to say hello. Carole, thanks for the pots! Now I need to get busy filling them for the spring plant swap!
    I've gotta go google some of these seeds now... Have fun winter sowing!

• rootdiggernc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Pics

{{gwi:548610}}

{{gwi:548611}}

{{gwi:548613}}

{{gwi:548615}}

{{gwi:548617}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics

• Judy Brown
    15 years ago

Hi, I just wanted to say Thanks Everyone for the seeds. I'm going to try to grow some plants. Ususally I'm buying plants. So, we'll see how this turns out. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Spring Swap. Once Spring arrives, if anyone has any varigated hostas that they are willing to share I'm willing to come dig. Have a lovely day!

PS - Deborah, Thanks for organizing the swap!

• rootdiggernc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

YVW JBD! Have fun with your winter sowing.

• Lynda Waldrep
    15 years ago

Another thank-you for organizing the swap. If it snows again tomorrow, I will stay in and winter sow some things. (Today I just HAD to go out to the grocery store!!) I am already getting itchy for spring!

• rootdiggernc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yep, love this weather. It's a nice break before the cold sets in again.

• squirrelspur
    15 years ago

Sorry I couldn't make it to the seed swap but will make it to the spring plant swap. Looks like you guys had fun!

jdbheartease: I have some extra variegated hostas as long as you don't mind that they are unnamed - green & white. (I"m sure they have a name but I don't know the name!)

squirrelspur

• trianglejohn
    15 years ago

squirrelspur - I like to refer to those types of plants as 'noname' and pronounce it like a Japanese word Noh-Nah-Meh.

• squirrelspur
    15 years ago

trianglejohn...I like that!

• rootdiggernc
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey squirrelspur, we did have fun!

What's so nice about the winter seed swaps is they're smaller and it's prolly more about just getting together with gardening friends during the bleak times. The seeds are a nice bonus, hehehe. See ya in the spring!

Thanks John, I'll have to remember that one. Cute!

• Judy Brown
    15 years ago

Squirrelspur, I would love some varigated hostas!! I'll be getting intouch with you via email. Hopefully I'll have some plants that you can use as well. Thanks a bunch. Judy

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus