Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: High Point Area Winter Seed Swap!! 1/31/09

Posted by rootdiggernc Z-7A NC (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 11, 09 at 0:08

It's time for the winter seed swap here in the High Point/Greensboro area! It'll be the last Saturday of this month, which is the 31st. If it snows us out we'll make the 7th of Feb/Saturday, our snow date.

Same place and time as last year. Panera Bread on Hwy 68/Eastchester. We do this after the lunch rush so 2:00 until....

Bring whatever seeds you have to share and you might want to bring some additional baggies/lopes and markers. This is very informal. We'll grab some tables and pass what we bring around. Last winter it was incredible what everyone brought. I still haven't been able to plant a lot of it.

If you can let us know that you're coming it gives us an idea of how many tables to grab.

Panera's is on the corner of Hwy 68/Eastchester and Penny Road. Easy to google/map or let me know if you need more info.

Panera Bread
2400 Penny Road
High Point, NC 27265
(336) 812-4593 : phone

We'll See Ya There!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: High Point Area Winter Seed Swap!! 1/31/09

I am coming this year! Count me in!

Thanks for organizing this.

Susan Berry

o

Count me in once again. :-) Robin

o

I plan to make it this year!
Carole

o

Hi, Susan, Robin and Carole! Glad you're coming!

o

I will be OFF that day, so yes count me in as well, finally I will be able to make it to one. Yeaaaa... Can we also bring some vegetable seeds also, or just flower ones?

o

Please bring veggie seeds, my fave!! I will come bearing gifts!

o

Kadtree, Cool! ...and you can bring any kind of seeds.

Hi Susan, glad you're coming!

I am bringing some older Peter Pepper seed (orange). They're getting older and don't have the best germination rate, but I just sprouted some on top (for bottom heat) of our fish aquarium's light, so they are still viable,... If anyone wants some, just know that they are older. Heat level is 7-8 - Capsicum annuum.

o

Tomorrow's the day! Don't forget!

o

OK, fellow seed-heads, I hope someone(s) will want my variously sized seedling cups that have multiplied in my basement. I'll keep them in the car rather than bring them into Panera, as they are a bit "dusty." I'll have plenty of plastic bags to divide them into. They're mostly 4-8 seed cups together, the little plastic things we can't throw away when we buy seedlings.

Carole

o

Thanks everyone! I had fun as always, and I always learn something new at these things! I'll post pics later. Kathy got away before that part started, but I think I got everyone else. Vickie was sick with the flu, but said to say hello. Carole, thanks for the pots! Now I need to get busy filling them for the spring plant swap!
I've gotta go google some of these seeds now... Have fun winter sowing!

o

Pics

HP seed swap9

HP seed swap8

HP seed swap7

HP seed swap4

HP seed swap1

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics

o

Hi, I just wanted to say Thanks Everyone for the seeds. I'm going to try to grow some plants. Ususally I'm buying plants. So, we'll see how this turns out. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the Spring Swap. Once Spring arrives, if anyone has any varigated hostas that they are willing to share I'm willing to come dig. Have a lovely day!

PS - Deborah, Thanks for organizing the swap!

o

YVW JBD! Have fun with your winter sowing.

o

Another thank-you for organizing the swap. If it snows again tomorrow, I will stay in and winter sow some things. (Today I just HAD to go out to the grocery store!!) I am already getting itchy for spring!

o

Yep, love this weather. It's a nice break before the cold sets in again.

o

Sorry I couldn't make it to the seed swap but will make it to the spring plant swap. Looks like you guys had fun!

jdbheartease: I have some extra variegated hostas as long as you don't mind that they are unnamed - green & white. (I"m sure they have a name but I don't know the name!)

squirrelspur

o

squirrelspur - I like to refer to those types of plants as 'noname' and pronounce it like a Japanese word Noh-Nah-Meh.

o

trianglejohn...I like that!

o

Hey squirrelspur, we did have fun!

What's so nice about the winter seed swaps is they're smaller and it's prolly more about just getting together with gardening friends during the bleak times. The seeds are a nice bonus, hehehe. See ya in the spring!

Thanks John, I'll have to remember that one. Cute!

o

Squirrelspur, I would love some varigated hostas!! I'll be getting intouch with you via email. Hopefully I'll have some plants that you can use as well. Thanks a bunch. Judy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here