Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dottie_in_charlotte

WANTED: Charlotte Area Plant Swap Coming Up

In the planning stages. Location is McAlpine Creek Park off Monroe Rd..parking lot ..March 31st. More details to come.

Comments (8)

• deborahz7
    17 years ago

Wonderful! I hope to have some things to trade. Been busy starting things from seed.

• rosebush
    17 years ago

Would like more details - what's everyone bringing? Might consider making the drive and have seedlings. :) Thanks!
    Rosemary

• love2gardennc
    17 years ago

I am just seeing this post today, would love to hear more, Les

• dottie_in_charlotte
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bring whatever you like to eat. Otherwise there's plenty of McDonalds/Wendys/BackYardBurger/BurgerKing/TacoBell
    pizza places and restaurants in the vicinity of the park.

Bring a gallon container of fresh water for your plants and those you exchange for.

Starts I think at 10 or 10:30. I'll try to get there earlier to help Eliz. (hotroses)

There's more info on directions on the 'discussions' forum thread.
    McAlpine Greenway Park.. I'm going to try that on MapQuest and see if it delivers a good route. I'll report back.
    Dottie

• dottie_in_charlotte
    Original Author
    17 years ago

On Mapquest..you can put in McAlpine Creek Greenway Park or McAlpine Greenway park and it will direct you to click on 'get a Charlotte NC map".
    From that map, find Matthews(south east of charlotte), move your cursor 1/4" to the left and 1/4" to the north and click. Then go to the zoom feature and give it a couple of enlargements.
    McAlpine is a long greenway park. What you're looking for is the main entrance which is off Monroe Road at the railroad overpass.

If you're coming from the north via Independence Blvd/Rt 74 you can get the block over to Monroe Rd via International, Village Lake Drive or Sardis Road North (Crown Point).
    Int. and VL it will be a left hand turn onto Monroe and stay in the left lane, you'll turn just before the railroad overpass.
    Sardis Rd North coming from Indep. Blvd/74 get in the right lane and turn right onto Monroe. You'll proceed on Monroe in the right lane, slow as you go under railroad overpass and immediately turn right into the park entrance.

Coming via 485 (77 or 85 to 485 which is our partially finished outerbelt) choose the Matthews/Monroe Rd exit #52 and head towards Charlotte on Monroe Rd. If you get off on exit 51 (Hwy 74) be sure to use the exit that leads to Charlotte west or you'll just have to turn around.
    Then you'll stay in the left lane and take a left about 3-4 miles up onto Sardis Rd. North at a retail development called Crown Point.

For mapping, try McAlpine Park Drive Charlotte NC 28211

• blueangel
    17 years ago

I am thinking about comming if for
    no other reason then to meet everyone
    I moved here last August so I have no plants
    for trade at this time
    Les is that you from the hosta forum?

Blueangel

• dottie_in_charlotte
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Would anyone like hosta seeds? I've got about a million of them(from one hosta and don't recall the variety).
    I'll bring them and all the leftover moonflower seeds too.

• elaine5678
    16 years ago

Hi Dottie, Do you know if another plant swap is planned for the Charlotte area? Thanks!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?