Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Charlotte Area Plant Swap Coming Up

Posted by dottie_in_charlotte z7-8 NC (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 23, 07 at 11:45

In the planning stages. Location is McAlpine Creek Park off Monroe Rd..parking lot ..March 31st. More details to come.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Charlotte Area Plant Swap Coming Up

Wonderful! I hope to have some things to trade. Been busy starting things from seed.

o

Would like more details - what's everyone bringing? Might consider making the drive and have seedlings. :) Thanks!
Rosemary

o

I am just seeing this post today, would love to hear more, Les

o

Bring whatever you like to eat. Otherwise there's plenty of McDonalds/Wendys/BackYardBurger/BurgerKing/TacoBell
pizza places and restaurants in the vicinity of the park.

Bring a gallon container of fresh water for your plants and those you exchange for.

Starts I think at 10 or 10:30. I'll try to get there earlier to help Eliz. (hotroses)

There's more info on directions on the 'discussions' forum thread.
McAlpine Greenway Park.. I'm going to try that on MapQuest and see if it delivers a good route. I'll report back.
Dottie

o
RE: :WANTED: Charlotte Area Plant Swap Coming Up

On Mapquest..you can put in McAlpine Creek Greenway Park or McAlpine Greenway park and it will direct you to click on 'get a Charlotte NC map".
From that map, find Matthews(south east of charlotte), move your cursor 1/4" to the left and 1/4" to the north and click. Then go to the zoom feature and give it a couple of enlargements.
McAlpine is a long greenway park. What you're looking for is the main entrance which is off Monroe Road at the railroad overpass.

If you're coming from the north via Independence Blvd/Rt 74 you can get the block over to Monroe Rd via International, Village Lake Drive or Sardis Road North (Crown Point).
Int. and VL it will be a left hand turn onto Monroe and stay in the left lane, you'll turn just before the railroad overpass.
Sardis Rd North coming from Indep. Blvd/74 get in the right lane and turn right onto Monroe. You'll proceed on Monroe in the right lane, slow as you go under railroad overpass and immediately turn right into the park entrance.

Coming via 485 (77 or 85 to 485 which is our partially finished outerbelt) choose the Matthews/Monroe Rd exit #52 and head towards Charlotte on Monroe Rd. If you get off on exit 51 (Hwy 74) be sure to use the exit that leads to Charlotte west or you'll just have to turn around.
Then you'll stay in the left lane and take a left about 3-4 miles up onto Sardis Rd. North at a retail development called Crown Point.

For mapping, try McAlpine Park Drive Charlotte NC 28211

o

I am thinking about comming if for
no other reason then to meet everyone
I moved here last August so I have no plants
for trade at this time
Les is that you from the hosta forum?

Blueangel

o

Would anyone like hosta seeds? I've got about a million of them(from one hosta and don't recall the variety).
I'll bring them and all the leftover moonflower seeds too.

o

Hi Dottie, Do you know if another plant swap is planned for the Charlotte area? Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here