Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trianglegardener

HAVE: Raleigh Spring Swap

trianglegardener
12 years ago

Hope everyone is enjoying this mild weather - just wish we had more rain. Any plans/date for the Raleigh spring swap? Just updated my trade list.

Comments (126)

• elsiefay
    11 years ago

Laura,I don't have the purple plants.I'll be glad to share some seed.Did you want the blue iris?Be glad to bring you an angel trumpet.

• lamcgowa
    11 years ago

Elsie, I just checked my Hellebores. All the ones that are blooming now are White. Sorry about that. On the plus side, I realized I have enough Trillium to swap. Are you interested? The blue iris sounds great. Thanks.

• Judy Brown
    11 years ago

Elsie - I've got the impatient potted up for you.

Laura - I got the salvia, and the primula potted up for you. I was only able to get one fairy bell out of the ground - it doesn't look to happy, but it's potted up. For some reason those don't multiply that fast. Are you looking for Echinacea? If so, I have one pot available, if you want it - let me know. It may be the Double Decker Echinacea - color is purple. I'm proud to say I grew this plant from seed.

Of all things, I'm having car trouble. I just had to have my trooper towed to the mechanic. I thought it was the battery, looks like it might be the starter. Anyhow, I'm keeping fingers crossed that it'll be fixed by Friday.

• brenda_near_eno
    11 years ago

I'm back from New Orleans (with an suv full of plants) and back online! I can bring dark hellebore seedling ( not blooming size yet) for elsiefay and Bob Trianglegardener. Bob, do you have some Korean rick fern? Ralph, I have a couple of cute lovechildren for you. Tammy, are you sending a rep for your trades?Also bringing a prunus mume seedling for elsiefay. My tradelist should have a lot of what I can bring if you find something you like. I have lots of that butterfly bush that grows upright, with arching stems and pendulus blooms (like small wisteria blooms).

• Hollyclyff
    11 years ago

Hey - can anyone with a pond give a home to a couple of goldfish? These guys have been living in a 100 gallon stock tank for a few years, but now that I don't have horses anymore I'd really like to find them a new home so I can stop maintaining an unfiltered stock tank for two fish. I was going to dig out a pond, but I don't think that's going to get done any time soon. They're about 6 -7 inches long or so - one sarasa and one shubunkin. I can bring them to the swap if anyone wants them.

• elsiefay
    11 years ago

Brenda,Thanks!Did you see anything on my list that you would like,or I'll just bring you something special.See you at the swap.

• Judy Brown
    11 years ago

Trooper is fixed. Plants are potted up. I'm still planning on coming to the Swap. Looking forward to it!!

• trianglegardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Brenda - I've set aside a korean rock fern for you. Should have another fern or two to include. I noticed Rehmannia elata on your trade list. Do you have any available?

• MagickMare
    11 years ago

Hello Everyone,

I know I am late to the game this year, but I wanted to share my lists:

Have:
    Mexican Petunia
    Bengal Canna
    Basjoo Banana
    Salvia 'Black and Blue'
    Horse Tail
    Hosta Pineapple Upside Down Cake
    Plain green mondo grass
    Variety of Named Variegated Hostas (names misplaced)

Want:
    Dwarf Pomegranate
    Blueberry Bush
    Hydrangeas
    Black Bamboo
    toad lily "Lightning Strike"
    Sweet Potato vine

Hollyclyff - do you have any "Lightning Strike" still available?

Tammy - which Pomegranate would you recommend, "sweet" or "nana", for fruit?

• trianglejohn
    11 years ago

Magick - I'll be bringing some native blue berry bushes (the tiny low bush kind). These are not good for berry production, you'd be lucky to get one berry per bush but they are fun for a native shade garden. I have some small sweet potato tubers from last year. Its still a bit early to plant them but that is how I grow sweet taters. If you want the ornamental types - I usually save the tubers from the purple ones but I don't see them so I guess they're gone. If I find one I'll bring it to the swap. I grow a pomegranite given to me as 'State Fair' which is sold by Plant Delights. It blooms more and fruits more than any other I have or have seen but the fruit is small and kinda sour. I have seedlings sprouting but they will take years to get full sized - would you like one or a cutting? Tammy knows how to do the cutting thing, I've never done it.

• MagickMare
    11 years ago

John - The native BB bushes sound great, as I have plenty of shade to fill! I'll pass on the sour pomegranates, as my sun is so limited and I really want the fruit to eat.

• brenda_near_eno
    11 years ago

Some of the hellebores are newly potted, and I don't know which ones, so I suggest giving them some tlc in the pots for a while before putting them out. I am bringing weeping butterfly bush and bloodroot too. I have a lot of Agastache 'Honeybee Blue" too. I found one sprouted jack-in-pulpit in a pot. I have climbing hydrangea well rooted cuttings. What else?

Bob, I dug a small start of Rhemannia elata for you. It does not like to be transplanted, although it verges on invasive once established. It blooms now and is quite beautiful I think. I suggest tlc in pot for it as well.

• brenda_near_eno
    11 years ago

Majick, I have a variegated lacecap called 'Maculata' or lots of 'Nikko.' Also variegated toad lilies, but I let them have orgies, and 'Lightening Strike' was just one of the possible parents. I am interested in your hosta and/or horsetail if I have anything of interest for you.

• MagickMare
    11 years ago

Brenda - I've been drooling over 'Maculata' for a few seasons now! I have plenty of Horsetail (I've found it rather invasive if let loose) and I am getting overrun with Hostas that I went overboard on one year (I bough several named varieties, planted them & misplaced the IDs). If you tell me your color preference I can get you a selection. (blues, apple greens, grass greens, etc.)

• elsiefay
    11 years ago

Brenda,Do you have another climbing hydrangea to share? If not maybe next swap.See you there!

• plantbug
    11 years ago

This will be my first time to this swap and I am looking forward to the fun.

I have potted:
    pinellia tripartita

NC NATIVES
    jewel weed-impatiens capensis
    trillium cuneatum
    blackberry lily-belamcanda chinensis
    jack in the pulpit-arisaema triphyllum
    green dragon-arisaema draconyium
    false solomon's seal-maianthemum racemosum
    solomom's seal-polygonatum biflorum
    dwarf crested iris-iris cristata
    bellwort-uvularia perfoliata

Magick, I have black bamboo. If, you still have the basjoo bananna would you trade?

plantbug

• MagickMare
    11 years ago

Plantbug - I have several basjoo pups, and the black bamboo has been a desire for years, so yes; I'd love to trade! :)

• trianglegardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Plantbug - I'm interested in your arisaema draconyium and
    trillium cuneatum. Let me know if you want anything on my list. Bob

• plantbug
    11 years ago

Magick, ok, we have a trade. The bamboo is probably 3' + high.

trianglegardener, green dragon and trillium are yours. I am interested in your Oriental Chain Fern and Korean Rock Fern.

hollyclyff, do you still have your goldfish? If yes, check my list for a trade.

• Judy Brown
    11 years ago

Hey Brenda, Can I get a climbing hydrangea from you? I can bring you a hosta - 2 tone green/yellow(can't remember the exact markings) or pick something off my list. Just let me know.

• plantbug
    11 years ago

jddbheartease, I am interested in your strawberry begonia

ralphw, your perennial begonia and var petasites

elsiefay, your blackeyed susan

brenda_near_eno, your dark hellebore seedlings and climbing hydrangea

Please check my list, and/or what are else are you looking for?

• brenda_near_eno
    11 years ago

Majick, a blue hosta baby would be great.

Elsie, I have the climbing hydrangea for you. Are we trading for black-eye susans? What is lilium lily? Did you want an agastache too?

Judy, you get the last climbing hydrangea, so I will have to root one for Plantbug next time.

Plantbug, I can still dig some hellebore seedlings for you.Maybe a trillium or pinellia?

• brenda_near_eno
    11 years ago

lamcgowa, do I have anything you might like to trade for a mahonia or woodruff baby? Your trade list is long!

• brenda_near_eno
    11 years ago

IF YOU HAVE NOT ATTENDED BEFORE, THIS IS JUST THE "SPECIAL" TRADES. MOST OF THE SWAP IS A GENERAL OPEN SWAP WHERE EVERYONE JUST PICKS A PLANT FROM THE BUNCH WHEN A BELL RINGS. SO BRING WHAT YOU HAVE AND CHECK OUT THE OTHER THREAD.

• Hollyclyff
    11 years ago

plantbug - I do still have the goldfish. No need for a trade, I'm just happy to find them a home.

magick - I'm pretty sure I can dig out another piece of the toadlily for you.

• Judy Brown
    11 years ago

Plantbug - I'll bring you strawberry begonia for a green dragon-arisaema draconyium . Let me know, if that works for you.

Brenda, Please look at my list to see if there's any other plants that you want. You're bringing me several plants and I just have you down for an Impatiens Arguta. I do have goooood plants, you know that . .....

Folks, don't forget to sign up on the Food List - The second best part of the
    swap.

• trianglejohn
    11 years ago

Ralph is out of town and I am bringing his special trades and swap offerings. Since I don't know what he needs I can't set up a special trade for him. He gave me some variegated petasites to put in the general swap.

• elsiefay
    11 years ago

I have 3 tiger grasses and 2 pink pampas.

• brenda_near_eno
    11 years ago

Judy, no worry, the impatiens is small buy healthy in the pot for ~3 weeks, so it will spread for you. Maybe sedum or phlox would be nice?

• babelsrus
    11 years ago

Bringing some very common stuff but at least not empty handed!
    Vinca major-a six pack
    Lambs Ear-six pack
    Cluster bell flower-six pack
    Ligustrum
    Variegated forsythia
    Catnip
    Bugle weed
    Red monarda
    A purple and white columbine (with volunteer morning glory)
    perennial begonia,
    Jack in the pulpit (green)
    Pink ice plant (volunteer bee balm)
    Some containers plants came in assorted sizes
    House plants- African violets,rooted prayer plant,golden pothos-rooted not potted

Have if wanted but not potted up,black eyed susans
    Irises,old fashion mum-booms white fades to pink,baby nandina seedlings,oxalis-green with pink flowers,burgandy with white,burgandy with pale pink,green with white,false solomons seal,Purple heart,pachysandra,mondo grass,sedum-plain and variegated
    Also, bringing daughter and 10 month old puppy,would consider a swap for puppy for the right plant :)

• plantbug
    11 years ago

elsiefay, I am interested in your pink pampas

jddbheartease, you can have green dragon and/or pinella

magick, your bamboo is probably 10' tall

hollyclyff, great on the goldfish

• plantbug
    11 years ago

I am interested in your:

var forsythia
    red monarada
    purple columbine
    black eyed susan
    oxalis burgundy w/pink bloom

Please see if I have anything you might be interested in trading.

plantbug

• brenda_near_eno
    11 years ago

Elsiefay and Judy, potted up your climbing hydrangeas. They are finicky. Wait to plant a few weeks, and let me know if they don't make it. I will gladly replace them.

• lamcgowa
    11 years ago

Brenda, I potted up the Mahonia and Sweet Woodruff. I'm glad you like my long list since I see a lot of interesting plants on your list too. I'd like a Uvularia, Clerodendrun, Remannia Elata, and a Weeping Butterfly Bush. Please recheck my list to see if there is anything else you are interested in. Perhaps the Euphorbia since that's on your want list.
    TO ALL, You probably think I'm crazy for requesting this, but I've been working on a rock wall and path for years (about 200 feet long). If anyone has any rocks that they want to get rid of, please bring them to the swap. I'm nut fussy. As long as I can lift them and fit them in my van along with my daughter and plants. Thanks, Laura

• elsiefay
    11 years ago

Plantbug.I'll keep a pink pampas just for you.Do you have black bamboo?

• elsiefay
    11 years ago

Babelsries,I sure would like to have one of your variegated sedum.Could I bring you tiger grass,pumpkin tree,a pack of six old fashion moss,or angel trumpet.

• ratgirl
    11 years ago

John -- Ralph may or may not have been bringing me a cutting of Christine Yeo salvia, but we never set up an official swap. Unfortunately, I have to miss the swap due to a family illness. If you do indeed have Ralph's CY salvia, don't bring it. I'll try to work out some other arrangements. Y'all have fun! I'll miss you.

• Judy Brown
    11 years ago

Plantbug, I'll take either of the 2 plants that you've offered. Whichever is convenient for you.

• plantbug
    11 years ago

babelsrus, (your name was missing before)

I am interested in your:

var forsythia
    red monarada
    purple columbine
    black eyed susan
    oxalis burgundy w/pink bloom

Please see if I have anything you might be interested in trading.

elsiefay, I will get you a black bamboo.

plantbug

• elsiefay
    11 years ago

Brenda,I'm excited about the climbing hydrangea.Do you still want some black-eyed susans? I have something else for you also.So glad tomorrow is almost here.It's so much.See you there.

• Judy Brown
    11 years ago

Hey Plantbug, Do you have anymore black bamboo left? I would love a piece, if you have it. That's a hard plant to come by. I have a small pot of oxalis burgundy w/pink bloom, if you want it's yours, regardless if you have the black bamboo or not. I'll bring it to the swap tomorrow.

Brenda, I got your phlox potted up, today.

See everyone tomorrow. Have a good evening.

• babelsrus
    11 years ago

Elsie,
    Sorry to be so late getting back to you,just got back in. Yes, you are welcome to some variegated sedum. I would love some old fashion moss ,in fact I didn't know portulaca was called that, I like that name better. I will pot the sedum in the am. See you tomorrow. Thank you in advance.Beth

• babelsrus
    11 years ago

Plantbug,
    I will gladly bring the plants you requested. The dwarf iris sounds beautiful and I looked at your trade list on your members page,do you have any ferns you could trade? I know it is late. To warn you the bee balm is not a huge bunch,which is strange since it spreads like wild fire. Truth be told I thought I had pulled it all up,but these little guys are determined,so anyway.As I said I will gladly bring the plants you requested.looking forward to meeting everyone, Beth

• Judy Brown
    11 years ago

Plantbug - Wow, I really like your plant list. Do you have a pipsissewa potted up? If so, I like to get one. I've got hardy begonia -I have a small pot already potted up. Just let me know. I'm leaving out at 10:15 in the morning.

• brenda_near_eno
    11 years ago

Hi lamcgowa, I have no more Rhemannia to share, but will bring other 3.

• lamcgowa
    11 years ago

Judy, Thanks for asking for pipsissewa. I have some potted up and was staring at it trying to remember its name! Time to pack up the van!!

• mad_about_mickey
    11 years ago

Magick-- do you happen to have any Mickey Mouse elephant ears?

• plantbug
    11 years ago

jdbheartease, I have a pipsissewa for you. Sorry no bamboo.

babelsrus, I have you a Christmas fern and a dwarf lily.

Everyone be safe on the road.

• MagickMare
    11 years ago

Mickey - I haven't seen any of my EEs yet... I'll know by the fall swap.

• elsiefay
    11 years ago

Lets share garden tips:Black spot on roses 3 Tablespoons apple cidar vingar in 1 gallon water ,spray once weekly.[all summer].Under leaves also.Happy-gardening

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting