Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brenda_near_eno

WANTED: Raleigh Swap April 29

brenda_near_eno
18 years ago

Creech Road Elementary School Park on the north side of Garner on Saturday April 29th from 11am til 2pm, per John, the master of all things plant-y at the Carolina GW.

So can we start our want lists and special trades? Pretty please?

I'm searching for:

EE (any besides Illustris and Black Magic)

Acanthus (bear's breeches)

Bergenia

Toothwort

Winter Jasmine

Spigelia

Viburnums

Asters

Obedient Plant

And most anything else that will grow in zone 7 dappled shade!

So far, I've put aside to bring:

seedlings of Prunus mume 'Kobai' flowering apricot

Buddleia 'Honeycomb' and 'Dark Knight'

Bronze Fennel

Salix, corkscrew willow, rooted cuttings

hydrangea macrophylla,'nikko' (blue)

Crocosmia 'Lucifer' (bulbs)

Globe Thistle

Foxglove

Perennial Silene

Lots of natives, so let me know if you want a special trade now, so I can pot up while they're still dormant

Arwen, I'm glad to see your recent post - DUMC hasn't killed you yet! And Ralph, let me know what you're bringing, cuz it's always special.

Comments (150)

• trianglejohn
    18 years ago

Jeane - glad to hear you're gonna attend! Probably the temps in April are too cool for amaranth (if that is the summer poinsettia we're all talking about). I find it does better started in late May or even July for a big fall show. I will be sowing some for a display at the fair so I know I'll have extra mid summer. I'll track you down and share some then.

• ratgirl
    18 years ago

tanya -- I'd love Salvia 'hot lips'. I could trade you a wild ginger.

Carla B.

• ratgirl
    18 years ago

Hi all -- Just sent a post an hour ago that never showed. So I'll put a quickie substitute here.

My trade page is at last up and running. Let me know if you want to arrange any special trades for April 29 (Brenda and Arwin: already have you down for stuff).

Carla B.

• Hollyclyff
    18 years ago

Carla - I'd be interested in some trout lilies. I saw on your list, you have a magnolia that you don't know the species. If it's anything besides grandiflora, I'd be interested in that too.
    Dana

• ratgirl
    18 years ago

Dana -- I'm not sure of the species, but it probably is grandiflora. I dug it last year at a sanctioned plant rescue site in a wooded site in west Raleigh. It could be virginiana, which I should know since I have one! I'll give it a good look tomorrow, now that it is bigger.
    I'd like to trade trouts for sea holly if you have that available.

Carla B.

• Hollyclyff
    18 years ago

Carla, yes I have sea holly to trade. Thanks.
    Dana

• tietie
    18 years ago

Carla B.
    I put you down for a Salvia 'hotlips'. She's small trade accordingly. Wild ginger??!? Yippee!!!!

See you there
    Tanya

• woodsworm
    18 years ago

Arwen: I will pot you two jacks-in-the-pulpit, and I would like to have your yellow canna and climbing spinach.

Sally: I'll have two jacks-in-the-pulpit and three tiny trillium for you. Thanks for holding the Persian carpet and lillies-of-the-valley for me.

Brenda: I'll have two tiger lillies for you and two jacks-in-the-pulpit. I am greedy for your foxglove babies, the hearts-a'bursting and some Chimaphila maculata.

Regretfully, all my jacks-in-the-pulpit are spoken for. Maybe I'll have more next year!

• thripmaster
    18 years ago

I'm a newbie to GW. But I would love to attend. I have to share:

Toad lilies
    Heirloom tiger lilies
    Primrose
    Heirloom red daylilies (short)
    Kwanza daylilies
    Purple Daylilies that I don't know the name
    Dianthus
    Loquat tree
    White butterfly orchid
    Lavender Bee Balm
    Lemon Balm
    Spearmint
    Oregano
    Purple Echinatia
    Rudbeckia
    Shasta Daisy
    Perennial Sunflower (Marc's Apollo)
    Old fashioned bunching onions
    Old fashioned pink Shamrock

• rootdiggernc
    18 years ago

Thripmaster, I'm interested in your White Butterfly Orchid and Primrose, what are you looking for?

• tamelask
    18 years ago

thrip- i'd love some of that white butterfly orchid as well, and a loquat. do you get the loquat to fruit here? would it do ok in a big pot? is the butterfly orchid an oncidium? i have 'sherry baby', but that's the only oncidium i have. i adore her. what would you like from me? ask away. tammy

• thripmaster
    18 years ago

Rootdigger: I will gladly save you some White butterfly Orchid and some Primrose. Just to be clear...I have heard several things called primrose. This one is pink, and I have seen it named Evening Primrose. Loves heat, low growing, spreads easily in NC. I attached a link. I can't get my loquat tree to fruit. I got it from a friend in SC and she did though. She grew it from seed. It is about 5 feet tall and currently lives in my garden, so it is pretty hardy. I plan on digging it up because I just don't love it any more. I want to put something else in that spot. I think it would be happier and prettier as a potted tree. Maybe I would keep it if I weren't a houseplant murderer.

Tame: I will also save you some Butterfly Orchid. The butterfly orchid is actually a ginger and pretty common. Grows from rhizomes like a canna. Smells very nice. Only barely hardy here in NC. I'm sure you have seen it around. Is that what you had in mind?

Here is a link that might be useful: Evening Primrose

• rootdiggernc
    18 years ago

Thrip, Hee, Hee, I have both of those and am bringing some of each to the swap, but I could always use more dianthus and toadlilies. The dianthus would be a good one for sis, and I never get enough toadlilies. Plus yours might be different from the ones I have. If that works let me know what I can dig for you?

• tamelask
    18 years ago

thrip- ok, thanks for the clarification. i do have some white ginger. i guess i could put some in the back, though. if someone else asks, give it to them since i have some.

i still would love the loquat. i had mailordered a small one a few yrs ago that died (wasn't in great shape), so i'll be tickled to get one a bit bigger. i have a row of dwarf fruiting trees in pots, that so far are doing alright, so i'll add him in. just so happens i have an open pot. it's my best sun, and if it ends up that it isn't hardy here(i'll do my research), i can move to the basement for the winter. what kind of dianthus do you have? you didn't tell me what you want. gotta do that or it's not a swap! :) tammy

• thripmaster
    18 years ago

Ok, I'll bring dianthus for both of you. I don't know the variety. It is mixed shades of pink. I have lots to share so if you see it and don't like that color I'm sure there will be others that might want it. I'll save the white ginger for someone who doesn't have any. The Loquat is reserved for Tame. I'll go pot him up this afternoon and hopefully won't have time to kill it before April. I have 3 toadlilies. One is the basic spotted leaved kind, I have plenty of. One is the fuzzy leaved varigated kind (don't have lots of that so only have a little to share with 1 or 2 people), and the other is lime green, variety is heaven's gate (also don't have tons of that, only enough for one or 2 people).

I'm real new to GW so I haven't set up a trade list. But I like all kinds of hostas, any shade plant, daylilies, lilies, love milkweed, veronica.....actually, I am about the easiest trader ever because I love everything. Plenty of times I have gone to swaps with no trades set up and ended up going home feeling like I have the motherload and marveling at the generosity of people. So, I'm not real worried about what I get in return. Anything that I am bringing, I wouldn't be upset to just give away to a gardening friend.

• trianglejohn
    18 years ago

Tammy - the Eriobotrya or however Loquat's genus is spelled should do fine for you. I have one and I have seen them around town, most often in part sun so you don't need to put it in your full sun spot if you don't want to. Getting them to fruit would be tricky since they bloom after Thanskgiving and it takes all winter for the fruit to form and they won't wistand freezing temps (the tree will, the fruit won't). I'm thinking about keeping mine pruned to a small tree shape and then covering it with a simple hoop house stucture to keep a crop of fruit going - I won't be doing this every year though, too much work. I grew up eating the fruit as a kid and they aren't THAT special.

Thripmaster - bring the butterfly orchid (I always knew it as Butterfly Ginger) anyway. Every year someone brings some of it and they are always a hot item. I find the solid white old fashioned ones the best - to me they have to strongest fragrance and bloom the longest. I still have the pale cream/orange ones called 'Disney' that I will be digging and bringing (same ones I brought last year). I will take all the heirloom tiger lilies I can get my hands on so bring them also.

• rootdiggernc
    18 years ago

Thrip. How about some hosta? I think it's Autumn Moon, it's an old one my MIL gave me and I have a Grape Magic daylily I can share. Thank you for the dianthus and any of the toadlilies would make me happy. Maybe a little teeny bit of a couple different ones? It doesn't take much to get them started. If I get something Tammy doesn't (and vice versa) we'll just end up swapping some of it later, lol. I can also get you some hardy begonia if you'd like? I think I'm going to have scads of it showing up this year. Need to remember to cut the pods off this fall.

• Hollyclyff
    18 years ago

Thrip - if you have enough of the lime green toadlily, I would love to trade for it. I'd also like to try some tiger lilies. I have lots of daylilies and common milkweed and other stuff too.
    Dana

• thripmaster
    18 years ago

TriangeJ. I would love to trade some of the tigerlilies for some of your Disney Ginger. I don't have that one and would love it.

Digger: I woould also love some of your Autumn Moon Hosta and your Grape Magic Daylily. I'll save you some of each Toadlily. I also have lots of the hardy begonia. I didn't list it on my trade list because I forgot about it since it is not up yet. That is a nice plant. You should bring some anyway because I bet lots of people would want some.

Dana: I'll save you a Tiger or two. I'll also try to get a little of the Heaven's Gate Toadlily for you. I keep wishing more will come up. I think more will. If all else fails I can rob my brother, which is how I got mine!

Someone really needs to step up and adopt some of my perinnial sunflower! I know there are at least a few brave souls out there! This is a beautiful plant. It grows 10 feet tall and is covered in yellow blooms in the late summer. Birds love it. Very hardy.

• dellare
    18 years ago

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE some of the perennial sunflower. I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it to the swap this year. I know people that are definately going though. I don't have anything mature enough to divide yet but have lots of wintersown seedlings:

Oenothera pallida 'Innocence'
    Oenothera lamarckiana
    Oenothera macrocarpa 'Inca Silver Blade'
    Oenothera 'Lemon Sunset'
    Calamintha grandiflora
    Calamintha sylvatica
    Digitalis purpurea 'Gloxinaefolia'
    Verbascum chaixii
    Penstemon strictus
    also a mix of unnamed verbascum
    and a mix of unnamed agastache.
    I also have olympic mullein seedlings.

Adele

• thripmaster
    18 years ago

Hi Adele: I would be more than pleased to share my perennial sunflowers with you! You will love them. They are one of the stars of my late summer garden and I can never figure out why nobody seems to love them but me! I have plenty, how many would you like. I would be happy to trade for any of the items you listed. Just have one of your friends get your sunflowers from me.

• trianglejohn
    18 years ago

Adele - you know we're all heading to BB's after the swap anyway, we could just pull off a mini trade in the parking lot while you're at work. ha ha ha (like I need more plants!) Do any of the primroses you mentioned do well in part sun??? I could use a mullein also, it will go nicely with that salvia argentea I bought last time I was at BB's.

Thrips - I'll take one (only ONE) of the sunmonsters. I think I have one already and it performs well even in my nots-so-full-sun yard, anyway I could always use more yellow late in the year.

I do have some unnamed Tricyrtis (possibly T. hirta) that I got years ago from Gardinfool for those of you hungry for toadlilies.

• rootdiggernc
    18 years ago

Thrip, Thanks!

John, Toadlily's are just so sweet to tuck here, there and every where in any little shady spot. Plus the varieties are just so numerous! They're in a class with ferns, lamiums and columbines. You just can't have too many, if you have any shaded areas. Heheh!

• ratgirl
    18 years ago

John -- I meant to ask if I can have one of those tiger plants. Is there anything I have that you want? I started some viola 'bowles black' from seed that i might could share but they're not looking too good. we'll see. this is the second bad experience i've had with coir. i started all over again with a different growing mix a week ago and everything's doing much better. unfortunately i sowed all the violas. phooey.

In general, here are some seedlings I've got started for the swap: tomato 'granny cantrell' and 'purple passion', milk thistle, cuke 'sweeter yet' and cinnamon basil. I'm not sure what plants I'm bringing. Definitely siberian iris and black-and-blue salvia.

Six days 'til Daylight Savings Time. Woo-hoo! My favorite day of the year!!!!

Carla

• thripmaster
    18 years ago

Hi Ratgirl: Are you talking about the tigerlilies that John and I are planning on trading? If you are, You got confused about who had them. I'll gladly save you one. I would love any of the things you are bringing. Especially the things you are starting from seed. Love milk thistle.

• ratgirl
    18 years ago

Actually, it was something he called tiger plant or sanchesia (way, way back in a previous post). A tropical that'd be a good patio plant.

Ratgirl (Hee, hee. I like that handle better anyway)

• brenda_near_eno
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I have my trades and extra stuff listed on my member page, so please check it out. Also, since I owe Deb, Tammy, and Arwen spring ephymerals, here's a photo of what WAS in your pots:

{{gwi:549643}}

• dellare
    18 years ago

John, I have grown oenothera in part sun with good success. That's actually the reason for my winter sowing them. I planted one in unamended sand under a loblolly pine last spring that bloomed all summer. So of course I decided I needed a ton more. 'Innocence' is particularly lovely with a low-growing habit, gorgeous white flower and its scented to boot. It's also supposed to bloom its first year from seed. Of all the oenothera I sowed they had the best germination rate. I hope they reseed all over the place.

The olympic mullein I brought to last year's spring swap will bloom this summer. I have five planted in a circle at my house. By the time they bloom they will be 6-7 feet tall with a candelabra like flower stalk of about 3 feet. I thought it was a biennial but recently read that it is a perennial. I grew one in Pittsburgh that bloomed the last summer I was there so I don't know if it is perennial or not. When we left in September it was still blooming and had been blooming since the end of July. I have heard they reseed.

Adele

• shari1332
    18 years ago

Thripmaster, I'm the one who d-mailed you about this swap. I would also love some of your perennial sunflowers. I have a list on my member page of things I could probably bring. Also plan to bring some Sour Grapes penstemon and have some wintersown Cupid's Dart.

Tammy, there are several of the things you said you could bring that I would like. I've been racking my brain to think of what I could offer in return. I do have a dianthus I think you'd like. Have some Moldavian dragonshead ws seedlings and could dig you some blue oak sage if you're interested.

Shari

• tamelask
    18 years ago

shari, that'd be great! i bought blue oak sage from pdn yrs ago & killed it. i've looked at it longingly many a time since, but didn't want to pay for it again. it has the most wonderful foliage! and i love anything blue. i've started the dragonheads before and think they're cool. and i'm not fussy about dianthus- i like them all, except maybe carnations. you didn't say what you'd want in return. name them & they're yours.

brenda thanks for the assurances that's there's stuff in your pots! :) they should still be up by the time of the swap unless it gets beastly hot. my ephemerals usually last at least into june.

john, i have plenty of the white creeping perennial oenethera that is quite invasive if you want some. it's forever escaping into the driveway. i don't know if it's pallida or not. from what i can see of the images i've pulled up, the foliage looks similar. it does bloom most of the summer in waves, and has a slight fragrance. mine's in sun, but you could try it in shade. i've seen the pink do so-so in a fair amount of shade.

thrip- i'll look around and see what i can bring for you. i have georgia blue veronica if you don't have that, and lots of daylilies, but most aren't named (i should say i can't get to the names anymore)- they are very old varieties. also have a plain green hosta- h. ventricosa, that has fragrant striped flowers & seeds true. there's bound to be some babies around; there always are. i normally have asclepias tuberosum popping up in strange spots, too and i could dig one of those if they're up. they come up so late, they may not be showing yet by the time of the swap. do you like roses? see my post a ways up- noone's spoken up for the 2 dehlia's purple roses i have yet.

• thripmaster
    18 years ago

Hi Shari: It was very nice of you to direct me here! I'm quite happy for you to adopt a few of my sungiants! I don't have the pensteman you mentioned or the cupid's dart so either would be a great trade...which ever you have the most of to share.

TLask: I would absolutely love a tad of your veronica. One of my favorite plants and I can't get enough!

• arwenlurks
    18 years ago

thrip ---
    the perennial sunflower sounds awesome. one of my friends planted a bunch of them for her wedding last year and they were gorgeous. if you can find anything on my trade list you want, lmk. i'll keep my eyes open for some of those onions too -- could be fun to try!

brenda -- thanks for the pics :) i love the silver pen on clear markers motif, btw.\

i think my trade list is up to date -- let me know if anything is wrong. this thread is too big to scroll back through again... ;) ;p

arwen

• thripmaster
    18 years ago

Hi Arwen: I have tons of this sunflower and would love it if you would adopt one! I also have many of the onions. You are more than welcome to some. They are even pretty when they bloom. I'll bring you a bunch of them and you can divide them up for planting. I checked out your trade list. I love Melampodium because it is one of the few annuals that doesn't bat an eye at our heat, and also Love Lies Bleeding. If you have spares that would be great.

• shari1332
    18 years ago

Tammy, I'd like your rudbeckia triloba, bog sage, leadwort and aquilegia canadensis. I'll bring the blue oak sage, dianthus and dragonshead.

Thripmaster, I'll be digging the penstemon this weekend so I'll see how it does. I have lots of Cupid's Dart seedlings and will definitely bring you some.

Carla B, are we still on for the dianthus, sweet potatoes and liatris swap for old fashioned mums and siberian iris?

Thanks,
    Shari

• tamelask
    18 years ago

ooh- shari, can i beg a cupid's dart, too, pretty please? i love it, used to have it & never replaced it once it died out a few yrs back. got all your requests down.

i will have a couple small pots of egyptian walking onion starts. they are very cool & a hardneck type of onion. i use them green or small onion size- they are a little strong, but have good flavor. they are fun when they 'bloom'- they set a cluster of bulbs up top which each get their own squiggly tail- it's like something out of dr. suess. when it gets heavy enough, they fall over & 'walk'. then the mother bulb rots, i guess- it goes away after a while. the pots are small- so you'll have to let them grow & multiply a few yrs to have enough to eat, but eventually you'll have enough to eat, share & do whatever else with. the little bubils can be used as pearl onions, too, though i never have. they are very ornamental.

one more thing i'll bring is a tall single med pink mum. it spreads, so don't put it where it'll crowd stuff out. i'll probably have at least 3 pots of it.

i'm sure i will find more stuff as i finally get out in the garden & start putting things right (yay!). i'll keep adding stuff as i notice things that need divvy'd. tam

• dellare
    18 years ago

Ais, I would not mind trading either a japanese anemone or asiatic lily for the trillium. If I am not mistaken there will also be a celedine poppy growing up between the two trilliums. I have others so I won't separate them since they are growing really close to each other. If those two plants are already spoken for you can dig me out any ol thing. I'm not picky yet. Anything prolific would be my choice. Thanks Adele

• ratgirl
    18 years ago

Yes, Shari -- We're still on for those. I also have you down for Stipa seed.

Tanya, Dana, Brenda and Arwen -- I listed our special trades under "Seeds I'm Looking For" on my trade page. Let me know if I missed anything or if there's anything else you want from my list.

Carla

• shari1332
    18 years ago

Tammy, I'll bring some catanache for you as well. Got the seed cheap from valueseeds and it ws'd really well. I've never had them and really look forward to growing them.

Shari

• brenda_near_eno
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Shari brought me blue oak sage last fall - awesome, awesome plant. Evergreen this year, gorgeous. Thanks again.

Carla, add me bringing you Furman to your list.

• aisgecko
    18 years ago

Adele, I can bring you both of those. I'm going to pot them up today (one nice thing about being a stay at home mom, lots of garden time). Yay! Thanks for offering me the trillium! I'm very excited! -Ais.

• thripmaster
    18 years ago

I also have some Strawberry Begonia and some Bluberry Ice Spider Wort that I can share if anyone wants some.

• tamelask
    18 years ago

oooh- i'd love some of the blueberry ice, thrip. i have the begonia growing as ground cover in the shade. it's so cute when it blooms. can i offer you some of the evergeren ginger (asarum) in trade? i dug it at the last dig with you in mind. deals with dry shade well. tam

• thripmaster
    18 years ago

Ok Lask: I'm heading out right now to pot you up a little blueberry ice. It is quite pretty. Yes I would love some of the wild ginger. I love that plant. The little brown flowers under the leaves are charming.

• tamelask
    18 years ago

thanks, thrip. by the by, my screen name is tamelask, because my first name is tamela, middle initial 's' & last initial 'k'. but you can call me tam, tammy or whatever you want. someone recently told me that's how they used to say lame task- like flutterby for butterfly. so i guess i'm a lame task. oh well- could be worse, right? :) i always read it as tam'll ask- as if i ask a million questions. which i do, sometimes. the stories behind the names are sometimes pretty funny. ask adele- i love hers.

i have both the arifolium(pointed leaves) and the minor(rounded leaves). i'll include at least one of each.

• thripmaster
    18 years ago

Thanks so much for saving the gingers for me! Your screen name story is interesting. I am called Thripmaster because several years ago I worked for Novartis Crop Protection. They made a product to control Thrip in Avocados and Citrus called Agrimek....same stuff as Avid. Anyway, I sold TONS of it because a new and bad thrip appeard on the scene. So, I became the Thripmaster. My name is Robin...but lots of on line people call me Thrip. I'm not very picky about what I am called.

• Ralph Whisnant
    18 years ago

I have been lurking and not posting, so I am way behind. Help me if I miss anyone.
    John, I am very much interested in the xanthona-looking ee if they have survived; also, Fuchia gartenmeister and Disney ginger lilly. I have Plectranthus ciliatus that looks almost like a coleus and another with silver leaves, also have var toadlilly (Samurai) and several named Tiarella (Snowflake, Choc mint, etc), Celandine poppy, etc. if you're interested.
    Brenda, I am interested in Furman Red Salvia, snakeroot, Jade Dragon Euphorbia and especially the Impatiens zombensis. How many Choc Chip Ajuga would you like? I have a Celandine poppy for you and can throw in named Tiarella and/or Heucheras plus Asarum arifolium.
    Tammie, any amethystina toad Lillies left? I have a Celandine poppy for you. Are you interested in a varieg 'Samurai' or Miyazaki toad Lilly? I would also like to have a few cosmos, cypress vine, morning glory and per. sweet pea if I have other things that you want.
    Arwen, I can bring you several different Penstemons for some blue star creeper. If I have anything else you would like, I am also interested in your diaca, glad bulbs and climbing spinach if it is Malabar spinach.
    Tanya, I will have a flowering quince, I hope, for you. I also have Amaryllis, amaranth, toad lillies, ajuga 'Chocolate Chip' and a large leaf variety, heucheras, tiarellas and non-native, hardy bleeding heart. I would like a few tomato seedlings (one each of diff varieties). Grandpa Ott morn glory. and an ice plant.
    Sally, I would love some of your Lysimachia "Persian Carpet' I almost bought some at PD's recent open house. I have Lys. 'Outback Sunset', or look at my trade list. If you have Bears Britches, I would like to trade for some of it, also.
    Adelle, I am interested in each of your evening primrose and the verbascum. Do I have anything you would like?
    Thrip/Robin, please let me know what you would like for a couple of perennial sunflowers, some Monarda (I have Jacob Cline), and the Heaven's Gate toad Lilly.
    Ais, I have a Trillium cuneatum to swap for variegated soloman's seal. I am also interested in your Black Barlow columbine and some anemone. I have wild ginger, foam flowers and other shade plants to offer.
    Shari, do I have anything you would like for some of the blueoak sage and/or the 'Sour Grapes' penstemon?
    Rootdigger, do you have any of the Tricyrtis 'Lighting Strike' left? If so, would you like some more Salvia 'Black and Blue, another brug or anything else from my trade list?

• shari1332
    18 years ago

Ralph, I'd love to trade some blue oak sage and Sour Grapes penstemon for pineapple sage and silver leaved plectranthus.

Shari

• shari1332
    18 years ago

Also I have some really nice cardoon seedlings if anyone is interested.

• brenda_near_eno
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Arwen, you have Malobar spinach? I want some too [insert excessive whining here].

Ralph, Furman is rooting now. I will dig your snake root this morning. The 'Jade Dragon' is already rooted. The Impatiens seedlings are at the 6 leaf stage now, so they are small, but healthy and one has your name on it. I would love some Ajuga and Celadine Poppy. I have plenty of Heuchera and Asarum, but I'm always in search of a Tiarella to adopt - it doesn't even have to be named - I love them all. And we sure are enjoying the lettuce you gave us. "Mr. Impatiens" also gave me seed of Impatiens namchabarwensis - it is that true blue that is described on one site as "the holy grail of Impatiens" - so of course the seeds did not germinate. Mr. Impatiens advises me that they need a cold period (with Impatiens?!?), so I'm now chilling the pot. I have some seedlings of Viola koreanum as well.

• aisgecko
    18 years ago

Great Ralph! I'll trade the VAriegated Solomon's seal, columbine, and anemones for the Trillium and wild ginger.

Brenda, what is viola koreanum? I've never heard of that one and googling it didn't turn up anything (and I thought the internet knew all). -Ais.