o
WANTED: Continued:Special Trades for Raleigh Swap

Posted by brenda_near_eno Z7a (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 31, 06 at 8:08

And on it goes....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Continued:Special Trades for Raleigh Swap

Ralph, In digging your Snakeroot from the land that was clear-cut in January near me, I found them growing with wild comfrey and bloodroot. Your pot has some of each of the 3 in it. Tammy, your wild comfrey (Cynoglossum virginianum) has 5 little baby bloodroot tubers in it as well. It is so sad that all this stuff is starting to get fried by the sun already and paved over soon too.

Anyway, I still am trying to trade away Japanese flowering apricot tree seedlings (1 ft) and a pot of bloodroot. Looks like I'll have plenty of hearty extra seedlings to bring as well, of Verbena on a Stick, Trichostema 'Blue Curls', Brandywine Tomato, Silene, Purple Speedwell, and Marguerite (Anthemis).

o

Brenda, I want the bloodroot! I think the Spigelia (Indian pink) is starting to come up so I can divide that for you if you still want that. -Ais.

o

Brenda, I would like the apricot if I have anything else you would like to trade for it. If I don't have anything else you want - don't worry about it.
Dana

o

brenda, that's just fine with me- i like bloodroot. do i have anything else you'd want for some of the tricostema 'blue curls'? never heard of it, googled it and it's gorgeous! yum.

ralph- sure, i'll dig you some of each that you asked for (amethystina, cosmos, morn glory, cypress vine, peren sw pea). i wouldn't pass up some t. 'samuri'. i have plenty of amethystina- i'm hoping to dig more today. it's really a spreader. i'd love as many of the celandines as you want to part with (i want a big patch!- my first one is budding now & i was doing the happy dance upon discovering it yesterday!), the bleeding heart (which is it- old fashioned or one of the woodland ones?), and maybe if you have any more of those perennial impatiens. i saw the one spot i have them in, they're coming back. yay! oh, maybe a really easy penstemmon. i've killed them a couple times, and am hesitant to try again. are they all so short lived? what conditions do you grow them in? thanks so much. tammy

o

Dana, I have plenty of apricot seedlings, so you are welcome to one. If you have an abutilion, I'd love one, but if not, it's perfectly fine. I think you gave me a rooted piece of your Shast viburnum last year - is it ever beautiful, thanks again.
Ais, I would love the spigelia - great trade.

o

Brenda, I'd like one of the Japanese Apricot trees if I have anything else you'd like, and any extra bloodroots you save I can make a home for.

o

Folks - here's my quandry: I am going to be gone most of the month of April. I have no way of knowing what will still be alive by the 29th so I hate to promise anything since I am not going to be the one taking care of it for the next 3-4 weeks. I imagine most of it will survive just fine but still I worry. So I am reluctant to promise anything to anybody - BUT I could still show up at the swap with a truck bed full of treasures to trade, all in perfect health.

I have: Fuchsia Gartenwhatever; some rather ordinary reddish daylilies & some stella d oro; some herbs (germander, sorrel, possibly a bronze fennel, anise hyssop and monarda); unamed brugs (white, cream, orangeish. The white is what I call 'Bogota' from the seeds I sowed a year or so ago, its very cold hardy but not that showy in bloom); Climbing Aster (Aster caroliniana); Toad Lilies (I assume Tricyrtis hirta but I'm no expert); Hardy Abutilon (A. megapotamicum the version with speckled leaves); Various tomatoes and peppers (mostly hybrids); Amarcrynum (pink trumpets - un named); Plectranthus - silver leaved and yellow&green variegated; cane begonias (two types, one is 'Frosty'); Tiger plant - Sanchesia; Angelonia - purple; Magilla Perilla; Possibly some red castor beans a Cassia alata or two and maybe some Papaya. I do have some Elephant ears but only a few - I should have some of the regular green and possibly a Black Magic, it is doubtful I will have any of the Xanthosoma - but someone just told me that these are the plant you get when you plant the 'Malanga' tuber you can buy at the international markets.

So my Special Trades may not be very well pre-arranged but I should show up with something. On my trip I will be stopping at a specialty nursery in TN to pick up some Christia, a tropical pea family plant with dramatic striped butterfly shaped leaves, and a good friend of mine in Oklahoma is opening his nursery for its first open house. He doesn't ship at this time and his website doesn't post prices so I have no way to long-distance shop for anyone but if you see something you're just dying to have let me know. His biz is at www.bustaniplantfarm.com (he and his wife have strong ties to Africa and Australia through their church so he intends to specialize in unusualls from those countries. Bustani means garden in Swahili.

o

Ralph, I just dug the LS toadlily and have enough. Would love another Brug. Do I have anything else you would like for some of your toadlilies?

Just so I don't miss anyone, I have Brenda, Tammy, Dana and now Ralph for LS toadlilies. I've listed my special trades on my list under seeds wanted. The other thread is so long, please let me know if I missed anyone. Thanks!
D

o

Ralph, I'd be happy to trade you one each of the onetheras and I'll throw in multiple verbascum (its a mix). I would love any penstemon that you might have. Thanks Adele

o

You guys are making me drool!!! Tomorrow I will be out in the yard trying to find what needs to be dug and divided. And oh yeah the wintersowing.... I have pink foxgloves, 1-2 Gulf Coast penstemons, nicotiana, a couple of morning glories, malva: bilbor and purple satin, double yellow HH etc. I will be making my (have)list tomorrow and will post it hopefully on Sunday. I'd love some Furman's Red (hint hint). I'm looking for shade plants. I would love to have natives, summer/fall blooming plants, short(groundcover) ginger, pink daylilies, perennial salvias, parsley-lots! I am trying to attract butterflies which also means I would like plants which butterflies and hummingbirds are attracted to.
I got a summer sage?? a couple of swaps ago. It has pinkish red blooms. Does anyone remember bringing this? I love it and it has reseeded so those will be there.
Ralph- your brug survived my tender loving indoor care!!!! It is in a big pot and is about 2 feet tall. I love it. Thank you, thank you.
Dana- the chocolate vine is doing fine. DH is getting ready to weld me a trellis and it will get a permanent home soon.
Anyway just wanted to drop a line to let you guys know that I will be there chocolate eclair cake in hand and a new dessert for you guys to try. (Where's the food list??) Shannon/Dirtrx

o

Shannon/Dirtrx, I would like some nicotiana. Since you want butterflies and hummers, I would suggest some lantana (I have one-year old plants of a pink and yellow flowered variety rooted in gallon pots.) I also have Mexican butterfly weed, Asclepias curassavica, and monarda 'Jacob Cline', which attracks both. Other suggestions are Clerodendrum thompsoniae, Joe Pye Weed and Cuphea. I do not have any of the latter to trade at present, but can get some. I am looking forward to seeing your updated trade list.
Adele, I will have at least two different Penstemons in gallon pots for you.
Rootdigger, I have you down for another brug and a couple of toad lillies.
Brenda, I do not think that I have asked for a Japanese apricot. And I will take as many bloodroot as you can rescue and do not already have a home for. Is there anything listed on my trade list that we have not discussed that you would be interested in? If not, I will find something else to offer.
Tammy, I am bringing you a Celandine poppy, Tricyrtis 'Samurai', Impatiens omeiana, a Penstemon or two and a non-native bleeding heart.
Woodworm, I would like a Clethra/Summersweet for one of my Celandine poppies.
John, I looked at your friends on-line plant listing. One thing (among many) that I would like is a Clitoria ternater 'Double Blue butterfly pea' if the cost is reasonable. If you can find out any specific prices beforehand, there are some other tropicals that I would like to try, depending on the price. Naturally, anything you manage to bring home will be divided, rooted or whatever for sharing.

o

Food List is up on 'Conversations' Thanks for reminding me Shannon.

Thanks Ralph, I may have something else to bring you once I see what seeds will do well.

o

Ralph - I will put your name on the nicotiana and there is a chance I will have seeds for a double blue butterfly pea vine. I think I may have some in my wintersowing. I think someone sent me some in a trade. I have a blue butterfly pea vine and I know I collected seeds from it. I can try to root a cutting from it. I really don't know whether or not it is a double. I got it from last Spring's swap. I'll let you know what I have. Shannon

o

Tammy, how about a hardy begonia for 'Blue Curls'?
Deb, I will gladly throw in a Prunus mume seedling, because the Sassafras may or may not become reality. (finding and surviving)
Ralph, how about Pineapple Sage for the Prunus mume?
Does anyone have Swamp Jessamine?

o

Ais, how about a a Puttyroot Orchid, Aplectrum hyemale (rescued today), for some variegated Solomon's Seal? I know you're into natives, what else are you looking for? Didn't we trade aster seeds last fall? I don't remember which we traded, but I got mixed results - how about you? The Calico and Blue Moon never germinated, but the concolor and divericatus did.

o

brenda, as i had you down for the begonia anyhow, anything else?

shannon, you may have gotten the butterfly pea from me- i brought several to a couple swaps, plus seed. i'd say it's more of a lavendar than true blue, but i have them all over the place if anyone wants the native one. they are very pretty and have delicate looking vines. i saw that double blue and drooled, but i really don't need anymore tropicals i have to overwinter. also, i have some hardy evergreen gingers to swap you for something once you post your haves (if you want). tam

o

OK Brenda, I would love to trade variegated solomon's seal for the puttyroot orchid. So now I have you down for acanthus, epimedium, variegated solomon's seal, and spigelia for your bloodroot, orchid, huechera, and cimifuga (just trying to keep it all straight.) I wasn't the one who traded aster seeds with you. I'm not that great with seeds. I try but I just don't mother them enough or something. :)
I'm gonna have to quit arranging the special trades soon or I won't have anything left for the actual swap! Or more importantly, room in the truck. HEE HEE -Ais.

o

brenda, i meant to ask what plant you meant by swamp jessamine Gelsemium rankii? i have lots of carolina jessamine-Gelsemium sempervirens. let me know if you want some. tam

o

Tammy, I meant rankinii, or sempervirens - I have neither and would love a piece of yours.

I have a rooted pieces of Coleus 'Inky Fingers' as well as coleus looking like 'Heart, 'Full Moon', and 'Mastermind' (lost the tags on last 3 so not 100% certain). I'd really love a small clipping (rooted or unrooted) of Coleus 'Fishnet Stockings' in trade if anyone's got it.

o
And: Special Trades for Raleigh Swap

Tammy, I meant rankinii, or sempervirens - I have neither and would love a piece of yours.

I have a rooted pieces of Coleus 'Inky Fingers' as well as coleus looking like 'Heart, 'Full Moon', and 'Mastermind' (lost the tags on last 3 so not 100% certain). I'd really love a small clipping (rooted or unrooted) of Coleus 'Fishnet Stockings' in trade if anyone's got it.

o

Brenda I know I had 'fishnet stockings' last year - now whether the cuttings survived is a whole other story but I should know for sure by swap time.

o

Brenda, I'll have an abutilon *if* the one I left in the ground comes back. I have one in reserve that I overwintered in a pot in the garage. So far there are no signs of life in the one outside, but it's early yet.
Dana

o

Coleus - anyone got any SUN Coleus? I would dearly love some of that - any colors.

Dana, got any extra of that phlox?

Did I see Ice plant somewhere?

Brenda, I have you a rice paper plant, if it makes it. I had tons of babies in my tropical bed and have pulled most of them out and potted them up. And some of the Obedient plant has made it since I potted it up - both colors.

I looked up catanache and I love that, so who ever had that, I would love some!

I also have some evening primrose, monarda, yellow german bearded iris, white butterfly ginger, canna's William Wallace, and some red canna's, as well as a dark red leaf canna with red flowers. I also have some Monstera Oblique cuttings if anyone would like some. Money plant gallore! Hey, I have some Syngoniums also.

Vickie

o

Vicki- I'll bring you some catanache seedlings. If the baby rice paper plants make it I'd love one. If not one of the dark leaf cannas would be nice. I'll throw in some annual ice plant too. Someone else had some hardy though.

Shari

o
RE: WANTED: have catanache

Vicki- I'll bring you some catanache seedlings. If the baby rice paper plants make it I'd love one. If not one of the dark leaf cannas would be nice. I'll throw in some annual ice plant too. Someone else had some hardy though.

Shari

o

arwenlurks - nice old nancedar will bring you some more sedums for your addiction. Thanks for sharing the S. angelina - really lovely. I'll have several pots of a dozen different sedums so please don't drool on all of them.

Is anyone interested in corkscrew willow? Maybe newbies since I think all us oldies have them in their gardens already! I have these 5' trees taking up space in my propagating bed that I have no where to put out right now. Deer eat them to the nub so planting them outside the fortress is not a viable option. I also have dozens of starts - why do I do this?

Is anyone bringing daylilies? One lovely lady brought some year before last with numbers on tags and photos. I hope she is out there and bringing some again. It's MY newest addiction.

I have two Viburnum opulus 'Sterile' sturdy plants from starts 2 seasons ago - beautiful new green growth on them! Is anyone interested? I'm looking for a V. dilatatum to have fun with my 'Asian Beauty' so it makes berries - who has 'Erie', 'Michael Dodge', 'Catskill' to trade?

Someone asked for starts of the variegated Solomon's Seal and since it is trying to take over my shady entry who wants them?

Brenda - why are you killing all the Ajuga 'Chocolate Chip'? Kindness? I'll bring you some more, just please - be really MEAN to them, 'K?

TJ - can I beg some of your weird accordian-leaf Oxalis? I'll be glad to relieve you of the arduous task of bell ringing in exchange! And, to help out with your shade gardening I have Lugo sedum - 100 years old - guaranteed to grow in the shade and eat Ivy.

I have a ton of iris: TB - named and unnamed, Dutch, Siberian, German, Liliput, flag. Are these wanted? Do you need real names or will just the color do? I'm gonna bring plastic bags of them for easy transport - PLEASE take some home!

I have a good sized Meidland White Rose 'Alba' in a pot that threatens to engulf the surrounding pots and needs a big trellis. It is very prickly but provides pure white fragrant and huge clumps of roses on long vines and in the right place is spectacular. I just don't need two of them.

I am bringing a ton of Peacock Orchids - Acidanthera bicolor. Please take some home and make them bloom. This gladiolus relative makes lots of daylily-like leaves but just refuses to bloom for me. I grew them in CA where I had months of blooms but WF evidently is not the right combination of light or sun so they are just taking up space. If you are South of WF this is the right plant for you.

Tiarella 'Oakleaf','Brandywine','Skeleton Key', offered in trade for sun plants. (My shady entry garden is full while the sun and rock area next to the gravel drive is shabby and near to boring except when the Black-eyed Susans are in bloom). Lantana's help a lot but I don't happen to get over-wintering types. Hmmm - do you?

Nancy the nancedar

o

Hi Nancy! If I have anything you would like, I'd love some of the variegated Solomon's Seal and I'm also interested in the Lilliput iris or any that are the smaller types. LMKP

Did anyone ever figure out what that small Iris was that was a family passalong from DH's family? I've traded gobs of it at the swaps, but no one ever said if they were ever able to identify it.

o

nan- i'd love some variegated solomon's seal and any of those luscious tiarellas. i'd love some little siberian iris. color is enough for me- i don't need names. a shade loving sedum i could find lots of uses for if i could get a piece.

what do you want for sun other than the hardy ice plant- delosperma cooperii, which i can bring. it would do great by your gravel area. also, i have the little white oenethera, which is kinda invasive, but loves those conditions and blooms a long time. another good one for the same type area is the scentless heliotrope. lavendar blooms all summer, creeps to form a mat about 2-3' by summer's end. perennial & reseeds some, but not invasive. i have daylilles, but they aren't labelled by name, just color. i wasn't planning on bringing any, but am happy to. i have a lot of apricot fairly early ones- the ones i have are all old fashioned types- very carefree. are you interested in a dehlia's purple rose? noone's spoken for them yet (i have 2). descript is about 1/2 way down the last looong thread. super fragrance & very carefree. i have a spreading, single pink mum that's nice for sunny spots.

vicki, i have the ice plant & plenty of it if you'd like one in exhange for a rice paper plant.

o

I just realized that I had never actually updated my trade list. As of Monday, April 3rd, it is now up to date. But I expect to add more before the swap. If I have set up a trade with anyone who would like to change anything based on this new list, please let me know.

o

Nancy! It is good to see you post! Yes, I have killed Chocolate Chip Ajuga and Obedient Plant before, and I am trying them again. And you were not the only one to supply me with Ajuga - I killed the stuff Arwen gave me last year as well. I can't explain it. Maybe it's my poor compacted soil, maybe it's the drought our little patch of Orange County is suffering through for 10 months now. Whatever. Actually maybe I'll try them in the compacted clay this time instead of my improved garden soil-good idea. I thank you for supplying my addiction. Your sedums and chaste tree are doing quite well. Your variegated SS had formed a lovely cool-looking patch in spite of little water, but last fall, my deer had another scitzophrenic appetite change and ate it to the ground one night. It hasn't emerged yet, but I think it must still be alive, since it was healthy/intact for 95% of the growing season? Can I bring you a rescued redbud or two? Surely the pitiful things I brought you last fall didn't live. Please bring the corkscrew willow - I have one, but I remember people who jostled to get it first last fall. I saw John's weird oxalis at the fairgrounds as well, and it has become yet another object of desire.

Ralph, I am still good with Furman Salvia,Snakeroot with Bloodroot,Jade Dragon Euphorbia,Prunus mume,Impatiens zombensis for Ajuga, Celadine Poppies, Tiarella,Pineapple Sage - if that's still good with you. If you don't have pineapple sage, I'd love some of your 'Georgia Blue'. I updated my list as well, but I have lots more, especially natives; are there shade natives you don't have? I have a very pretty native Tiarella I rescued in Cary 12 years ago. It makes a nice full clump, very drought tolerant, and spreads slowly for me. I have other native tiarellas, but this one stands out. Also have Tiarella 'Iron Cross' and Viola 'Dancing Geisha'.

o

So - let me get this straight, Brenda and Nancy are attracted to my accordian and not my fishnet stockings???

I will have a few sun coleus and I may even have their names (that will be a first!)

o

If you haven't been to the original thread since it maxed out, remember to go there to see if anyone posted something for you. I nearly missed a trade!

Ralph, I'm tickled that I actually have something that such an experienced gardener like you would want. I will bring you tomatoes, grandpa ott, ice plant and anything else you want (my right arm or first born are definitely up for grabs, hehe)

Tanya

o

Nancy,

I would like one of your Viburnum opulus 'Sterile' and possibly other things. Check my trade list and see if there's anything you like there.
I have been meaning to ask -- last year, you brought the coolest VERY tiny, VERY short blue-ish sedum. You had the name all nice and neat on a popsicle stick, I recall, and of course I've lost it. Would you happen to remember what it was? I can take a photo if necessary. At any rate, I'll take any sedum you want to share. I'm falling in love with every one I see these days.

Thanks -- Carla

o

Tanya, What are you looking for? John, I want both your accordion AND your fishnet stockings - Nancy doesn't care for red, so she'd rather have your Full Moon or Blackberry Waffles than your Fishnet Stockings. [grin grin nudge nudge wink wink say no more] Nancy, I have one redbud for you and can get more - with actual leaves this time. I have an extra little pot of Rue Anemone from rescue for someone into natives - they are tiny bulbs, so it should spread around with a little time. Search for sassafras was unsuccessful today, but I think in a week they'll have mitten leaves out.

o

brenda is there anything else you might be interested in? i have butterfly pea that seems to do ok in partial shade. i have silver king artemesia that would look nice with the physotegia and spreads about as much. that tiarella sounds nice if it didn't find another home. gosh, i feel so greedy even asking.

ok- just wanted to let y'all know that i've posted my list in my exchanges page. please ck and make sure i got you down right. also see if there's anything else i'm bringing or can bring you want. i'm ahead of schedule this time and wby the end of the week hope to have everything dug except a few annuals that haven't sprouted yet. yay! now i just have to label eveything... lol- tam

o

Tammy, I had also put aside a Tricyrtis hirta 'Variegata' for you. And you are welcome to a Tiarella thrown in, but if you are offering, I'd gladly accept a Campanula takesimana. Your cherry bells got me hooked last year on campanulas. I have seedlings of latifolia and persicifolia alba if you'd like either of those.

Robin (Thrip), do I have anything you'd care for, and do you still have a tiger lily to trade?

Adele, What are we trading? Would you part with a little Calamintha sylvatica? Any of my plants would be happy to be released from my clay prison into your sandy loam freedom.

John, you are just a tease. You have many plants I (and others) want, but you will not say what you would like in return? Hmmmm.

o

brenda you are so generous! i have as much takesimana as you want (i've been misspelling it forever apparently). it spreads. in shade it may not bloom, but the foliage is really nice, so i don't care. and hey, if you want more cherry bells... lol. i love all the camps- but have only had good luck with glomerata (but don't have it anymore- am starting more seed), cherry bells & takes. so if you want me to try (murder) some seedlings, i'll take them & give it a go. i've tried & killed both of those before. :) i'm gonna rack my brains & see if i can't come up with something you might not already have for your woodlands.

good luck with getting john to admit he wants anything. i can't do it and i'm within twisting arm reach. i'll get him though. he did tell me he'd take most any invasive shade plant for his hard to grow in shady areas.

o

Yeah, are you really serious about that John? If so you really need some of my Tasmanian Violets, or my Acanthus, which probably wouldn't bloom in much shade but the foliage is pretty. Ooh, or my hypericum calycinum. Or the things I'm really trying to get rid of like ivy, vinca, honeysuckle, creeping charlie... Seriously, if it's invasive I'm pretty sure I've got it ;) -Ais.

o

Ais - everything you've mentioned I got at previous swaps and killed - EVEN VINCA!!! I intend to sneak some of Tammy's Vinca minor. She was unfased when I pointed out a tiny spot of the variegated form 'Illumination' in my yard (and in a dappled sun area too!) and then stated that it was 5 years old and that was all it had grown. Even dwarf bamboo sits still in my yard. My list of failures is way long.

I really don't know what I want til I see it. How can you forget the year I went ape sh!t over regular old violets - took a flat of them home and they are doing nicely along with all the other native violets in my yard. If it blooms and needs no care whatsoever I'm happy.

I am bringing a ton of plants - many of them are not truly hardy here, most of them are tropicals for patio containers. I will trade for just about anything. It doesn't matter if I already have it I can always use more (notice that I always grab one of Ralph's Celadine poppies). I am not picky at all. But I do intend to dump a lot of plants at the swap without taking a truck load home, but I'm not the only one with that plan....

o

tamelask - deal me in on some scentless Heliotrope please. I'll try the dehlia purple rose too. Thanks! For you Sol Seal, 3 Tiarellas, Siberian Iris (dark navy purple) and Lugo sedum for shade. HAH! I finally found something TJ wants to take home nah, nah, na, nah-nah. Ooops, sorry, please continue twisting his arm.

Brenda_near_Eno - two redbuds lived! I'll take another one though, please and thank you! MORE Choc Chip for you, sigh, nuf said. I have shade for a little Rue anemone the one I paid umpteen dollars for croaked. I have a sweet Oakleaf Tiarella and a Brandywine for you, just because.

TJ Gotta love that B_n_E she knows me pretty darn well Fishnet Stockings does sound really gaudy though for my screaming garden, but I have lots of room for any Coleus except red. For you Ill bring the ivy-eating Lugo sedum for shade. AND, just to let you know, the Artichoke is still growing!!!!!!!!!! If you get to Bustani could you tuck a few Copper Rain Lily bulbs in your suitcase for me? Ill pay you back and even give you a tip. (Psssst. Crinums rot in any soil, even with 10 months of drought.)

rootdiggernc - Sol Seal and Liliput Iris for you some blooming now, will give you the three colors and names that I think they are. Trade me with something not pink or red.

ratgirl Viburnum opulus for you. For trade with me, Id love a yellow Buckeye. I have a Lobelia cardinalis for you down by the stream if they put out enough leaves for me to find them wild here and so RED. For the Sedum from swaps past, I think the one you have is S. oryzifolium Tiny Form or Taitogome, I recall an email you sent extolling its virtues. But it is more of a grayish green for me, very low growing, almost flat and tiny cute. Has a whitish cast in the cold weather and supposedly gets more reddish in sun but not here, may be bluish cause of your soil? They do that you know. My fav S. reflexum Blue Spruce is about and 2 " tall and is very blue right now, with new tips almost purple. It is the only "blue" one I think I shared but not really what you described. If you have a picture post it please. Ive added twelve more sedums last year but dont think I brought any to swap but I do get CRS and love to share everything, so who knows? And, perhaps you and arwenlurks should compare your obsession with sedums? Ill join the club.

Shari1332 Cotoneaster and Vitex negundo for you in trade for some of your overbought seeds per your email.

goldiemom - Butterfly bushes and take over the world sedum. Youll love the swap. welcome newbie! Take my Corkscrew Willow, please!

OK everybody else Im in real need of a blue or purple Clematis anybody have a start to share?

Thanks to all of you.
Nancy the nancedar

o

sounds good, nan. sure there isn't something else you want? our swap is lopsided. i like sedums, too, though im terrible about holding onto names. you'd be welcome to stop by & see what you don't have & take pieces. i am bringing a sharp leaved form w/white stripes- lineo something, i think, and some sharp leaved chartreuse stuff that takes over the world & blooms yellow. i also have lots of the round leaved one- again no name. reddish & green - good spreader. lots of others that i only have enough to share like 1 pot. thanks, tam

o

tam - S. lineare is the striped one, prob from me teehee. S. acre is common but lovely flowers make it worth it, have it. Others I could tell you if I saw them maybe. Got pictures? Oh - forgot I just found a neat site with great photos of sedums and meant to post it here.

arwenlurks - you too will like it and all us other sedumaniacs. I do question a few names though, so check other sites before you really believe you have the right name (like Squaw Mountain Gardens).

http://www.sedumphotos.net/main.php

If you think it lopsided, a Leadwort Plumbago would be lovely if you have any left to share.

Nancy the nancedar

o

Nancy, you are too kind. I have 2 redbuds in case one croaks, and you know you once said you were going to make the trek out here to dig a bunch of your own sometime.......
I callous-ed witch hazel cuttings over the winter and stuck them in medium to root 2 weeks ago. They have leafed out, and IF they get roots, by then, I'll bring you one along. The Rue Anemone is yours. I am not sure if it is Anemonella thaliotroides or Isopyrum biternatum - it has 5 or more petals and stem between the petals and flowers. I've looked at wildflower sites of 4 different states and gotten 4 different stories about which is which.

o

Hey Nancy, Hows about I dig you a sedum assortment? Some you probably have from prior trades we've done, but I don't think we ever get too much of these!

o

rootdiggernc -

COOOOOOOOL - sedum d'jour - love it! GREAT idea! All in one pot would be even more fun! We could do a guessing game! Nah - we'll be too busy judging the redneck containers.

Got yours yet, y'all?

Nancy the nancedar

o

Brenda, the calamintha sylvatica is yours no problem. I'll be potting them up individually on my next days off. I potted up alot of the oenetheras I winter sowed these last two days off and they are looking to sad for words. I had heard that they are better sowed where they are going to grow. Hopefully they will survive. BB's has a very nice selection of campanulas in four packs. About 8 different varieties I think. I'd be happy to bring you any of them if they are your poison of choice this swap. My "sandy loam" is still pretty much of a joke but believe it or not I have been using a product by Espoma called soil perfector that is basically permatil packaged by Espoma that looks like it might make a difference. I'll wait and see. Bring me anything you have plenty of. In a couple of years I'll get picky but not yet. Are you sure you don't want any oenethera. They did very well for me in my clay in PGH. Thanks, Adele

o

To All: I have quite a few Tiger Lily seedlings that I noticed while doing some chores this afternoon. I potted up 5 or 6 but there are probably a couple dozen more. Anyone want any? If so, I'll pot up more.

Carla

P.S. Nancy--That's it! S. oryzifolium. I remember it now. I'm gonna have to check the color again because I was going from memory. It may actually be more like you described. The two yellow buckeyes I dug with Tam at a plant rescue a couple of weeks ago are looking sort of pekid. I got all of the root of both of them, so I was optimistic. But the foliage is wilted ever since. I'm gonna continue the vigil and am hoping it'll put out new growth.

o

lol, nancedar, i won't drool over all the sedums... maybe... ;) it'll be fun to see what's there, thought! we'll (nan, ratgirl, me, who else?) obviously have a little sedum kibbutz, though i don't know the names either! i did go buy some bloodroot sedum this year and also some euphorbias which look so cool.

brenda and ralphw, the climbing spinach does say it's malabar, i'll scribble those for ya. ralphw, i'll aim for some blue star creeper for you. are trillium too dear to trade? say so if yes -- i probably won't have a huge trade of creeper or spinach, so if you are bringing "several" penstemons then we are probably even.

arwen

o

Nancy, Ralph has clematis Elsa Spath. Check it out. Also will I need a truck for the cotoneaster & vitex? How big is big?

Here is a link that might be useful: Elsa Spath

o

nan, i can bring you all the leadwort you want. it has taken over an area along with cherry bells. since you don't like pink, i'll be sure to show you the foliage to pull; it will sprout from a little piece of root. thanks for that website. i bookmarked it and will peruse when i have more time (not now!) i don't think my chartreuse is acre- the stuff i've seen labelled as acre is smaller rosettes/leaves. this is thumb sized or larger rosettes. i got the lineare from my mentor. actually, that may be where i got the chartreuse stuff, too. don't recall.

carla, the yellow buckeyes i dug look awful. interestingly, the ones pete dug for me a week & 1/2 earlier that the roots were hacked off look ok. so we'll see. i don't know what to think, except that maybe getting them when they were slightly more dormant made a big difference. weird. tam

o

Adele, thanks for the calamintha - I have grandiflora from BB from last spring and love it so. What can I bring for you? You must have just everything from BB! At least give me hint with sun or shade or color or something. I'm trying to think of what I could possible grow that BB doesn't have. Maybe Viola 'Dancing Geisha' or a datura?

I dug 4 buckeyes at the same time as yal', 2 tiny (1 ft) and 2 bigger (3 ft). One of each size in ground vs pots. The 2 small ones look better, no doubt, whether in ground or pot, but I haven't yet given up on the larger ones. I'm not promising the pots to anyone till I see if they make it. Tammy, the columbine you gave me last swap is exploding with red/yellow blooms; I've had a bit of luck with germinating columbine seeds as you suggested, but the babies are so small! How long does it take to get to blooming size? My soil seems to be a secret bonsai catalyst, so maybe it's just that.

I have extra stuff and special trades listed on my seed trade page, so please check it out. I have 2-3 nice-sized extra seedlings of Salvia reptans 'West Texas Form'. I love Salvias, and this one looks like it's going to be a winner. Maybe we will tempt Karen_W to the swap if a few of us promise salvias. Double yellow hollyhocks or yellow datura or foxgloves or Brandywine tomaotoes anyone? I did a lot of wintersowing in dull days of December and January, so I am overrun with seedlings and there will be lots for the general swap.

o

I'm glad to hear that someone is still bringing stuff for the general swap! All this special trading has me a bit overwhelmed - I can't keep up. I keep seeing stuff that sounds interesting, but I hate to ask for things unless I know I have something on a person's "want" list.

Nancy - that was me with the daylilies with pictures. Those were seedlings from some of my crosses that weren't what I was looking for. I won't have many - if any - daylilies to bring this spring because the deer ate almost all the buds last summer, so I haven't seen this current crop of seedlings bloom yet. Hopefully I will have some for fall if I can keep the deer out of them.
Dana

o

Dana, If you see something else I have that you'd like, you better speak up cuz your trade list is awesome - I'd love most anything off it, and the cannas you've given me before are just wonderful - love the foliage. Your garden must be spectacular.

John, I want/need your accordion oxalis and fishnet stockings;what would you like? Shall I bring fresh apricot cuttings for you to try grafting? And I guess a few seedling apricots to use as rootstock? LMK.

o

John, I refuse to believe you killed tasmanian violets and St. John's wort! I will bring some more for either you or some other poor, unsuspecting soul. But if you truly did then you need to come here and teach me the secret because they are threatening to get really out of hand. I also have the campunula takesimana like Tammy, have you tried that one? Beware, it tries to take over the world! I guess my shade isn't that deep or dry compared to yours and I do have very good soil. Have you tried that viola dissecta? I got one from Brenda, I think, and she said it tries to take over too. So far mines behaved and it's been blooming it's head off. But I don't have it in deep shade.
Brenda, the Spigelia was not happy with my division of it but I will give it a few days and see if it recovers. I divided them before with no problems.
Ralph, I e-mailed you about the columbine. I remembered that mine are plagued by leafminer so you may not want it.
All this digging up for the swap is also making me move more stuff around the yard! I just love spring! Gotta take advantage 'cause the bugs will be here soon. -Ais.

o

dana, if you look at my page i'm bringing some extras, too. in fact, probably as things get closer i won't even list stuff. i think if you're interested just ask what you might have that would interest them- your list is certainly inviting! i don't really even have one down right now.
i did find a smallish(3') mulberry to dig for you- i don't know how easy it will be to get out- it's hubby's job this weekend. i also did some cuttings and am trying airlayering on another spare/junk one. if we get the big one out well, i'll just leave the airlayering all summer & bring it in the fall. i'll bring the cuttings either way. i have no idea how easily they root. i do know they are hard to kill- the one i'm airlayering has been cut back 2-3x a summer over 6 or more yrs and still keeps suckering. unfortunately, it's not in a good place to try & dig.

brenda, the columbines are unbelieveably tiny the first yr in the ground. then they get big fast. they don't bloom til sometimes yr 2 or often 3. the drought last yr probably stunted them, too. a. canas typically bloom a yr or 2 then die, so make sure you let them seed about & you'll always have a new crop coming. sounds like a lot of work, but really it's not- they are easy once you establish a plot, and the eeasiest way is lots of fresh seed. they don't transplant really well once they get big (deep taproot), which is why i always am reluctant to dig the big ones unless i'm already moving them for some reason. if leslie doesn't come, i have a few pots of big ones i've been holding for her since the fall that someone else can have. tam

o

Nancy, I have a purple clematis that I will bring you a start of if you tell me how to cut it properly. Or come by, it may be able to divide it (I don't know) plus I'd love for you to see how much my yard has changed.

Carla, I'd also be interested in some tiger lily. Let me know what else I can bring you or I will just take my chances in the free for all.

I'll list my trades on my page, just give me a minute or two.

Brenda, for you I'm reposting.....

HAVES
Meidland Rose - looks like a mini white rose but rambles about 10 ft.
blackberry lily
iceplant - bloomed peach when I bought it but by the end of summer it started looking a bit fushia-ish
mauritous raspberry - gorgeous white rose-like flowers, needs support and runs like a raspberry, no fruit
baby trees - cedar, holly, pine, maple, oak
Tomatoes - should have starts in solo cups again hopefully some other veggies too
Morning Glory 'Grandpa Ott'

WANTS:
Amaranth
Bulbs, Corms, Tubers, etc. - any and all, from Amaryllis to Zephranthes (hehe, I couldn't help it)I really liked the mini daffs someone brought last year.
Toad lily
heuchera
anything in the rhododendrom family - azalea, camelia, daphne, rhoddie
lamium
hearts a bustin
trilium
hardy bleeding heart
ferns
solomans seal
ginger
flowering quince - Ralph??? I'll even trade homemade jam.
ajuga
acuba
Anything for dry shade

Tanya

o

My trade list is awesome? I never think of it as that great. Maybe because I already have everything on it!

I would love a 'Dancing Geisha' and a 'West Texas' salvia.

Maybe I'll just list some of the other things I saw mentioned that I would like to have if their owner's wish to trade for anything I have.

spigelia
celandine poppy (mine died)
accordion oxalis
viburnum opulis 'Sterile'
any sedums I don't already have - I know that's vague and it would probably be hard to set up a special trade in advance because, like Tammy, I don't know the names of all of mine. So I don't know what I already have!

And where is the person with the spice bush? I *really* want some of that. I'm begging for a spice bush.

Vickie - I thought I had posted a reply to your request for phlox, but I don't see it anywhere. I should be able to get enough for you.

Tammy and Ais - I walked through the woods this morning looking for the maple leaf viburnum and didn't find any yet. I know it's out there, so I'll look again in a few days. The leaves are still so tiny on most things.

Dana

o

Dana, The salvia and violet are dug for you; I would love a couple more of your cannas - is it greedy to ask for a piece of both Stuttgart and Bengal Tiger? I already had you down as Variegated Toad Lily and Prunus mume seedling for Choc Chip Ajuga and Abutilion - is that right?

I was the one who brought, with full disclosure, the dissected violet. I thought I had finally eliminated it in my yard, but I just found a few sprouts out by the mailbox - I can live with it out there. I love the little wild violets that pop up everywhere in the woods - I leave them, which calibrates how dreadful that dissected violet will eventually become for you, Tammy and Ais.

Tanya, I would love a blackberry lily. I have a pot of white rain lilies or a Tricyrtis hirta 'Variegata' - either of those work for you?

Cory has the spicebush Lindera, and I want some too. She hasn't been posting lately - but I hope she's digging and potting!

o

Brenda - absolutely you can have both cannas. I have gobs of 'Bengal Tiger'. The other trades are what I have down too, but there are still no signs of life from the abutilon.
Dana

o

Nan - If the person offering a purple Clematis doesn't entice you with a cutting I have C. jackmanii (the purplest of the purples in my book) already rooted but tiny tiny tiny.

Brenda - one apricot seedling would be fine (I doubt I will ever get around to grafting!) I have V. koreanna or something similar that I thought was a variety of dissecta. Does your dissecta bloom white and gets covered with blossoms in the spring? I love mine. It does spread and pop up in unexpected places but it isn't out for world domination by any means in my yard.

I have killed V. tasmaniana, well it did well but came back smaller and smaller each year. I think it was the lack of water and poor soil nutrition. I will take all of it you want to share.

I have a lot of un named sedums. I may just bring a handful of each of them and let everyone decide what their names are. They do really well for me and any that handle shade would be an extra blessing (hint to Nancy)

Ratgirl I'll take some tiger lily seedlings - especially if their the grandma type.

o

OK Tanya and TJ -- Tiger lilies for both of you. John, I don't know if these are the "grandma" type but i can tell you they'll probably eventually be taller than granny. Mine were big when I got them but now they're about as tall as me. Of course, the seedlings are just lil babes.

o

John, I have the cutest little viola blooming now, white with purple specks. It has reseeded in multiple places. It evidently likes dry, sandy soil. You probably have them already. I think I got mine from Bluestone. Would you like some or like some more. I would be happy to pot some up for you. Adele

o

brenda, i killed that violet by putting it on a clay slope in the drought. if you are weeding out more, and it's the same as what i saw at john's i'd love to try it again. it is so pretty. i have room for it to roam & don't care if it does.

i got on nan's sedum site and i.d.'d the 4 kinds i'm bringing. 1 divvy for arwen of s. makinoi 'ogon' ( i only have enough for 1 right now), couple of s. tetractinum, several of s. acre majus ( at least that was the closest i think i saw- it gets confusing looking through all of those!) and a couple s. lineare variegatum. i have dribs & drabs of many others, but not really enough for anything but tiny divvy's, so i'll wait. maybe by summer's end. i do have some nonhardy succulants that if i have time, i'll grab little pieces of for those who like strange stuff.

dana- i understand about the leaves being tiny. it was just the other day when the mulberries were out far enough to i.d. if they aren't out by swap time, we can get together another time & swap caterpillars, turtle stories & stuff. and the kids can play.

tanya- no guarantees, but i have some places where i've got suckers of quince roots coming up. i was planning to round them up. IF they are in a spot i can dig them out(many aren't), i'll get you a piece. mine is the old fashioned coral pink. i don't need anything in exchange. tam

o

OK Brenda, you twisted my arm. I would LOVE to have a prunus mume seedling. If not, datura would be loverly.

If I lived a very long life, I would still...not have one of everything at BB's. The fun is in the tryin. Adele

o

Dana, I have a Celandine Poppy and some named Tiarelas. So far I see Salvia 'Blue Hill' that I would like from your trade list. If you are interested, please look at my list and let me know what else you would like, and I will do the same.

o

Nancedar/Nancy, I missed your posting re purple clematis, but saw someone else's reference to it. I do have one 2 or 3 year old 'Elsa Spath' in a 2-gal pot with big buds on it that I will trade for a large potted Chaste tree? Also, are you growing Basil this year? I have not planted any yet, and would like to find one or two plants of the mild, large leaf variety for adding to salads. I recently updated my trade list and hopefully there are other things on it that you can use.

o

Adele - I don't have that violet but I think I have seen it in catalogs. Does it do well here?? Yes, bring me one, just one. I'm still hoping for one of the Oenotheras. Most of my plants come from BB's so you've seen them... no big surprises.

Ralph - I should have some mammoth basil, not sure how large the seedlings will be but I should have some.

o

Ralph - I do have 'Blue Hill' to trade. I saw several things on your list I'm interested in.

celandine poppy
tiarella 'Choc Mint'
impatiens omeiana
lysimachia 'Outback Sunset'

Let me know if you'd be interested in trading any of these.
Dana

o

Tammy, I thought I had no more of the dissected violet(except a few stragglers in the mailbox desert, then I looked at my feet and there was a big hearty one, coming up between the blades of grass in the lawn, complete with seed capsule. It's all yours gladly!

Apricots for Adele and John, check. Still a few left.

John, what Oenothera are you looking for, surely not the invasive pink evening primrose? If so, I can dig some easily. I brought the dissected violet last spring; sorry, I don't grow the tasmanian violet, so can't help you on that one.

Tanya, I still don't know what you'd like for a blackberry lily?

o

Can someone fill me in on the collection of plants for Katrina gardeners? I must have missed the explanation somewhere, such as how are the plants getting there, who's arranging this, etc. Was this something discussed under Conversations?
Thanks, Carla

o

Carla, I think it was discussed on the previous Swap thread for this event, but there was also something on the main board. John's going to have an area for us to put these donations. He did say something about trying to keep the size/weight down, in order to send more.

Found the link and BTTT on the main Carolina board so you can find it.

o

Brenda, what can I tempt you with for one of those P. mume seedlings? I have a very few WS seedlings of Formosa lily and some spare seeds for them. Also have seeds for Lepechinia hastata and a start of Blue love grass. Have dragonshead seedlings- Dracocephalum moldavica, Salvia verticillata 'alba', and some still tiny Caryopteris incana seedlings. My Kalimeris incisa variegata should do well in your dappled light- it likes to spread but not too densely for me. I have one self sown Salvia 'Cherry Chief' and Monarda citriodora has reseeded for me this year.

o

Sorry Brenda I was out shoveling a truckload of mulch yesterday and didn't hit the computer at all. I will bring you a blackberry lily for a white rain lily. I finally had to flip a coin between the rain lily and the Tricyrtis hirta 'Variegata.

Carla, what am I bringing you for the tiger lilies? I know I'm bringing a salvia 'hotlips' for a wild ginger. I'd love the tiger so just tell me what else you want.

tamlastk, thanks for the possible offer of flowering quince, wish I had something you needed.

Nancy, I think I'd take Ralph up on his offer of clematis, I just get so excited when I have something that your looking for.

Is anyone looking for tree seedlings? I don't want to bring something noone is interested in.

Tanya

o

Does anyone have some lemon grass for trade?

o
RE: WANTED: :Special Trades for Raleigh Swap

Does anyone have some lemon grass for trade?

o

I am looking for some blacklberry lily, too, as well as some Echanacea, especially white and Kim's Mophead/Kim's knee high.

Please see my trade list!

Sally

o

Brenda, I'm interested in some of your Puttyroot orchid Aplectrum hyemale if you have any extra and also a japanese apricot along with the 2 hydrangea maculatas. I have you down for rice paper plant and obedient plants.

Tamelask, can I get one of the butterfly pea along with the ice plant? I have you down for hens and chicks and rice paper plant.

Ralph, can I get some Tricyrtis formosana 'Saumurai', c`utting of Chas. Grimaldi, Lantanas, Stokesia laevis, but I have no idea what you might want from me.

John, I'm interesting in ALL your stuff! Hahahahahahaha, actually, any coleus you may have.

Leadwort Plumbago would be nice if anyone would like to share some with me.

Anyone got any Tojen toadlilies? I would love some of those. I have some lightning strike (deb and I got ours at the same time) to trade. Actually, I'll take any of those as LS is the only one I have (sniff). I also love columbines. Hint, hint. And I need some hellebores.

Arwen, I have some gingers for you. Can I get some of the furman's red salvia?

Thanks,

Vickie

o

Vickie,

I have some Leadwort I can pot up for you! Do you have any purple asiatic/oriental lillies? If so, what can I swap you for some?

Sally

o

Vickie, I can provide the plants you listed. Do you have a list of what you have available? If not can you provide a short list. I intend to post a list of what I am looking for asap.

o

I should have some dusty pink asiatic lilies (they are probably blooming now while I'm away).

I would love some Formosa lily seeds (just a few).

Deborah - I had three clumps of lemon grass that I stored in the hoopey house for winter and they all look dead but the roots don't look rotten. I may save them and pot them up and let you see if you can get them to spring to life.

Someone brought tiny blackberry seedlings to a previous swap and I got one or two - they did wonderfully. And someone included some seed in this years seed swap and the few I sowed have sprouted. Don't know who is growing them but it wouldn't surprise me if some show up at the swap for general trade.

o

RalphW - Large Vitex negundo Chaste Tree for you. Not very tall but will grow a foot or so a year after it gets out of the pot. I'd love the 'Elsa Spath' Clematis and would love a yellow Brug since mine croaked over winter. Amazing that plants don't get rain watered if they are lying sideways . I haven't planted my edible basil this year but did sow the decorative 3 1/2' tall one you gave me seeds for at last seed swap. I collected a gallon baggie of seeds so they wouldn't populated my veggie garden. I did see that TJ has some edible basil for you so it's OK for me not to have the basil you want.

tietie - Please get real excited and bring a tree seedling for me. The one you brought last swap that I scarfed up - weird oak cross thingy we couldn't find a name for - is happily putting out new leaves - the 'tietie tree' and gets giggles from my grandchildren when I tell them her name, so maybe I'll rename it to the 'giggling tietie tree'. :D

Anybody know if it is OK to dig up already growing Aasiatic Lilies now? I got some from freecycle last year that are just gorgeous bright orange and divided the bulblets and scales which are all coming up too! I don't want to hoarde them all, so would like to bring many many many to share with everyone - not special trades, if now is OK to dig.

Nancy the nancedar

o

John, I'll bring you a few Formosa lily seeds. I'm sure your germ rate will be better than mine.

o

Nancedar, you can dig Asiatic lilies now if you like. Just be sure to pot them up and not let the bulbs dry out.

Keithrnjd, I don't have any purple lilies, but I am bringing a few that I don't know what they are. I'll see what else I can find and dig up.

Ralph, I am bringing Money plant, obedient plant, rice paper plant, yellow bearded iris, hens and chicks - different varieties, cannas, gingers.

Rootdigger and I have been out today looking at plants. We have found a few that we just have to have! Brunnera 'Jack Frost', Artemis 'Lime light', and Marion Stewart Abutilon. If anyone has any of those, could you let me know? Rootdigger only wants the Abutilon. I want that and the rest. (Yeah, I'm greedy!)

Vickie

o

vickie, i can get you a butterfly pea, and i had you down for ice plant & cross vine, too. i may be able to get you & root a cutting of marion stewart- looks like mine made it through the winter. it may not be rooted come time of swap, but should shortly. just bring me an extra rice plant. i have a white ginger, but no other colors. if you have a different one, maybe add that on, and i'll set aside an amethystina toadlily. i'll be digging plumbago anyhow, so i'll bring some extra and throw it in the free for all area. for the general swap i'm also bringing a couple extra 6 packs of tiny a. canandensis, and lots and lots of baby hellebores. and a small pot of stoksias. so you should be covered! i know john has 'limelight', fyi. good luck finding anyone with brunnera that's willing to share. they are too stinking expensive! i'm waiting til the prices drop some. thanks, tam

o

Sally, I have some blackberry lily if your interested. They are still small but getting much bigger, 1 yr old, 2 or 3 fans/pot. I'd be interested in any ginger or any salvia except 'hot lips'. Let me know if you want to trade.

Nancy, glad it is doing well. After the last swap I found a rather large shrub that had that same weird seedpod on it. 4'w x 6'h. haven't tried to id it yet. Please point out those lilies if you bring them, hopefully some want to come to my house. Do you mind if I bring one of your cedar trees from the last swap? I can't believe DH picked it up with all the cedars we have sprouting EVERYWHERE. .... ps. my peppermint twist azalea has survived its 1st nc winter in the ground and is blooming! yeah!

tam, what color are your hellebores? Some keeping jumping in my truck from each swap.hehe

Tanya

o

Vickie, are you sure you want Limelight? Nancy calls it a thug, and she is so right. I keep pulling it up and I keep getting a bigger and bigger patch of little variegated leaves popping up. I'll bring some gladly if you want it, but don't blame me later if it takes over OK? I only had one Puttyroot orchid, so sorry about that. I don't need any more obedient plant, but I would dearly love any one of your lilies, unknown is fine. I'm bringing you 2 hydrangeas, an apricot, and Limelight. Can't wait to try rice paper plant!

Shari, got your apricot.

Please check my trade page if we have a trade going and let me know if I have something incorrect.

o
And WANTED: Continued:Special Trades for Raleigh Swap

Shari, I will gladly scarf up one of your baby Kalimeris plants for the apricot! Saw some photos - lovely!

o

vickie, i don't have any furman's red... i mean, i did... and there might be one little seedling coming up but the old sticks haven't germinated yet. is there anything else on my trade list you want?

arwen

o

Sure, Tanya, I will pot you up some butterfly ginger for some blackberry lily!

Thanks,

Sally

o

tanya- the hellebores are orientalis mixed, so it could be anything from pure white through med plum. most likely pink with some speckles, since the largest and most prolific seeders i have are those. i'll mark the ones that came from the white ones this yr. the plum i don't have very many of and am keeping(greedy!). but it could have cross pollinated with the others- so that possibility is certainly still there. one of my big pinks has a lot more freckling than the other, and the other big one i have starts out very light white lots of wine freckles, turning green pretty quickly. those i'll mark 'possible light'. think i'm bringing 2 or 3 flats of 6 packs, so there'll be plenty to go around.

john mentioned limelight looks incredible in a big pot- so maybe consider that if you decide to use it, root & vickie. i'm bringing silver king, and it spreads, too. i don't think as bad as limelight. it's the one that gets tall then bushes out & is great to use for dried arrangements and wreaths. i like it in fresh arrangements, too- the grey is a lovely foil for other flowers. unfortunately i'm allergic to all the artemesias when they bloom (related to ragweed), and have been slowly paring the blooming ones from the garden. i'm just thankful that some don't bloom, like the camphor scented. tam

o

Thanks John! I just can't seem to get my lemon grass thru winters here, and I've tried everything I can think of.

I do still have plenty to bring to the general swap and still digging and finding things to add. Well, actualy DH is doing the digging for now, since a couple things have cropped up limiting my digging abilities, ouch! I have several of the white butterfly gingers that I dug last fall and put away for the general swap. It looks like they did well. The bronze fennel I dug a few weeeks ago has perked back up too.

If anyone wants some of the wild yarrow or the Chinese Fo-Ti let me know, otherwise I don't dig/root any of them to bring.

o

Tamelask, Not a problem. An extra rice paper plant is yours! And, I'll bring you another ginger.

Brenda, um, well, maybe I don't need the limelight. I certainly don't need anything invasive. I have so little room now! You know the cottage garden look that is becoming so popular now? Well, that's the way my gardens look and always have. LOL

Arwen, what about some thrift, ameria splendans instead of the furman's red?

Guess what? I've also found some Solomon's seal - variegated, that seems to be coming up around my Mama plant! This is NOT the false solomon's seal. This is the real thing. Mama is blooming now.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/dtpforu/2006 Flowers/SolomonsSeal.jpg

Ralph, I would love all the stuff, but what would you like from me?

Vickie

o

Hi all, by chance today at work I was reminded how atwitter we all were over cat's whiskers last fall. I purchased three today that were overwintered in BB's greenhouses. They are nicely branched and shrub-like and I think I could probably get 10 cuttings or more off of each one. I purchased two white and one of the lavender. I would be happy to start stem cuttings for the swap. Would I be better off putting them in water to root or root tone and dirt. Any help would be appreciated.

Any takers? Adele

o

Adele,

I would like to try some in a pot, maybe. Since it's a mint like herb, I don't think I would want to put it in my yard. What would you like to trade for some? Maybe one piece of each? And I would suggest some root tone and dirt as if you grow water roots, they will have to die and be replaced with dirt roots anyway. That may stress the plant unduly. I've updated my exchanges page to reflect what I have for trade.
Thanks,
Vickie

o

vickie, i'd love to say yes on the armeria, but i haven't had any luck with those seeds yet. i'll poke around it and let you know if there are obvious seedlings -- otherwise we should probably put a hold on the trade.

one of my "bestest girlfriends" just announced her wedding party for april 29th at 2pm... *in*dc*... so i have to sit down and pout a bit about what to do. after missing the last swap in person, i really wanted to come, and i was going to bring my mom to the bb tour & who knows where else... but now i either miss the swap or her party :.( (although with 2 weeks warning i have a hunch it will be her party)

arwen

o

adele- i wouldn't mind trying cat's whiskers if you get it to root. anything i'm bringing you'd like?

vicki, if you're looking for thrift, lowe's had it cheap a few weeks ago & variegated to boot. very pretty. i'm right there with you on the cottage garden thing. i love the way japenese gardens look, but could never in a a million yrs be disciplined enough to carry that off. give me exuberance any day!

what a bummer, arwen. either way, you lose. i'd be pouting, too.

o
RE: WANTED: Continued:Special Trades for Raleigh Swap - again

OK guys,

I've been looking around and have found some more stuff.

My list grows and if you're a daylily fan, you might want to take a look at these:

Evening Primrose (Oenothera Biennis)
Obedient Plant (Physostegia virginiana)
Cannas
different sedums
Rice Paper Plant (Tetrapanax papyrifera)
Money Plant (Lunaria annua)
Solomon's Seal (Polygonatum)
Butterfly Ginger (Hedychium Coronarium)

I have the following daylilies I can trade:
*Champagne Taste - Sellers
*Jungle Beauty - Apps
*Marlette Muscadine Wine - Marlette
*New Series - K Carpenter
*Sovereign Queen - RW Munson
*Strawberry Candy - Stamile
*Valley Monster - LK Powell
*Wineberry Candy - Stamile

Thanks,
Vickie

o

Thanks Vickie, that makes sense about the roots. I was thinking of growing them in pots also. I will start tip cuttings on all the tips which should give me about 30 or more starts. I will save one of each color for you. I wouldn't mind either a money plant or rice paper bush from you.

Tammy, I'll save one for you also. Any preferences as to color? Adele

o

OK, dellare, I'll be sure to pot one of each for you.

Thanks, Tamelask, I'll check Lowe's out again.

I'm posting (like others) on my exchange page what all I'm trading. If you see something there that I forgot, please remind me. As Rootdigger, Shannon, Jennifer, and some others will tell you, I get a little senile occasionally.

Vickie

o

Adele, I would love a piece of cats whiskers if you have any to spare. What else can I bring you?

Vickie, I'm the one with the Furman parent plants. I will bring you a cutting if they root by then.

I have 4 other promises for Furman out there, so if they don't happen to root, I'll have to substitute something else. So far they look good. I heard that parts south of Hillsborough got little rain on Saturday. Well, we got and inch all at once, mixed with significant hail, then another half inch slowly. The hail was incredible and battered some of the outer leaves in some of the pots. The foxgloves and globe thistles took it worst, but they still look good - not as perfect as before. Hate that. Cottage garden exuberance or Japanese elegance? My garden looks like a Japanese garden on crack, or a cottage garden during famine.

o

Vickie - Can I get 'Marlette Muscadine Wine' in exchange for the phlox?

Ais and Tammy - I think I found the viburnums. The leaves are still tiny, but they look right and they're in the right spot.

Dana

o

yay! thanks, dana! i didn't get pete to dig your mulberry this weekend- mega allergies kept me in the house all day sunday- ugh. looks as though they're back this morn, too. this despite meds. sigh....

brenda, i wish we'd gotten rain, even if it'd come with hail. we didn't get enough to register n the rain gauge. so work & allergies or no, i have to find time to go outside and water some things today. 'japanese garden on crack!?' hysterical.

adele- i'll take whatever you have extra- white or lavendar work for me. what would you like in exchange? tam

o
RE: Trades for Raleigh Swap

Sorry, I'm too new to know exactly where to add this...but I just wanted to say I'm coming and I'm bring variegated hosta, bearded purple iris, orange daylily, coreopsis and possibly some EE. I don't know what I want...but if it flowers, I'll take it! :)

o

Nancy, do you still have iris left to trade? I have shale aster babies if you didn't get any from seed.

o

ALL - Have Tatarian aster young'uns to trade if anyone wants one - gets very tall, lots of large leaves, not big flowers but sturdy plant and long bloom time! Great for back of border or summer shrub, no pests. Actually it is kinda homely.

bmaxx - WELCOME! You'll be sure to bring a ton of new stuff home. It's OK to put your info here. There are lots of us who like to know what's going to be there and up for grabs with TJ's bell ring. I have no EE's so I'll be looking for yours!

alicia7b - I've got tons of iris, some just starting to bloom - German white for sure, maybe some gold; cute Liliput in bloom now yellow w red thumb print 'Pippi Longstocking', electric blue 'Katy Petts', smoky purple with a beard exactly the color of 'Katy Petts' called 'Cherry Tart'; prolific Dutch mixed of yellow, powdered pink, mostly mid purple-blue; large bunches of Siberian dark navy purple; heirloom bearded some white, mostly frag purple; and assorted tall bearded in named and unnamed array some that are mixed right now until they decide to bloom. What kind of iris do you want? Can't guarantee color if not in bloom yet. But if you don't care, you've come to the right place - tons, I tell you, tons.
YES - Love some shale aster babies - would color be right with my NY aster or conflict? Seeds somewhere out there - haven't ventured near the seed beds - been busy weeding perm beds - yikes look at all that green stuff! Where are my TAGS - AGHHHHH.

Nancy the nancedar

o

Just a reminder that the Food List sign-up is over on the Conversations Board. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Food List Sign-up

o

Nancy - Thanks for the Welcome! I will definately bring you some Elephant Ears. They're just coming up now!

I also spotted some Rose of Sharon seedlings if anyone is interested.

o

dtpforu - I'd love a DL fan of 'Champagne Taste', 'Sovereign Queen', most 'specially 'Valley Monster' for which I could trade 'August Flame', 'Double Cutie', and H. citrina or, other named and unnamed DL's (have pics I could send), or some other stuff on my trade list, or whatever. Hens and Chicks I would like too if you have 'nuf.

I thought that Japanese Solomon's Seal was the only one that was variegated and is not a native. How about it y'all with the big fat bot' books? Polygonatum odoratum thunbergi 'Variegatum' is that one's name and has reddish stems. Perhaps dtpforu's mamma is a new native plant to classify with the taxonimists or perhaps it just wandered in on it's own from a neighbor?

Nancy the nancedar

o

Nancy, the shale aster should go with the NY aster -- it's a pale violet blue and usually blooms during the month of October. I'm interested in all iris, especially the tall bearded.

o

Hi all, had a problem with 'puter... finally got it back.... Here is what I have-
Nancedar I have jackmanni clematis or the nelly moser if you'd like.
I have pink bleeding heart. (I guess they would be hardy, they came from New Jersey.)
I have hens and chicks - tube style - don't know name.
I have goose gourds- started -looking good and torch lily or red hot poker starts also.

I would like:
bengal tiger cannas
foxglove
castor beans or plants
verbena- dark purple
rice paper plant
cannas dark leaved

This will be my first swap as I am relatively new to NC. Let me know if anyone wants any thing. Thanx !!!

o

new2nocarolina - what are "tube style" hens and chicks? I have some unknown ones too that are just the regular rosette looking things. I always bring Bengal Tiger cannas.
Dana

o

Furman's Salvia rooted - wow did it ever. Stuck it in my rooting box (which formerly stored kitty litter), along with cuttings that have been living but not rooting for a couple of months. Of the 6-7 different plants in the box, only the Furman rooted. Seven out of seven Furman pieces. Did I mention that I like this plant?

Hi New2! I will happily trade you some foxglove seedlings for some hens&chicks.

o

new2ncarolina - Welcome back - is this the first swap for you? I'd love the purple clematis jackmanii - and some hen and chicks. I have lots to trade so check my list. I also have a small spirea and rosemary. We'll have open trading, not just these specifics, so bring all the stuff you think is "extra" and you'll take home a bunch of new stuff - known and unknown.

Nancy the nancedar

o

New2 -- I have lots of castor bean seedlings (burgundy) just starting to volunteer. I'd be happy to pot some up and bring them for you. I'll have to weed many of them out anyway.

Carla

o

So far, here's my list:
*Brenda, I have Rice Paper Plant, Obedient Plant (pink and white), and some lilies for 2 Hydrangea maculata and a Japanese Apricot and a Furman Salvia.
*Tamelask, I have 2 Rice Paper Plants, Hens and Chicks, Dr Moy ginger for Ice plant, cross vine, Marion Stewart and butterfly pea.
* Shari, I have Rice Paper plant for catanache seedlings and some annual ice plant.
* Lynneefan, I have Hens and Chicks and ginger
* Dana, is bringing me phlodx
Arwenlrks, I have butterfly ginger for some thrift
*tie-tie, am I bringing you butterfly ginger?
*Ralph, I'm getting, Tricyrtis formosana 'Saumurai', cutting of Chas. Grimaldi, Lantanas, Stokesia laevis, but I don't know what you want from me...
*Dana, Marlette Muscadine Wine for Phlox.
*Nancedar, 'Champagne Taste', 'Sovereign Queen', most 'specially 'Valley Monster' and hens and chicks for can you send pictures of the daylilies you have to trade?

New2carolina, I have rice paper plant, I'll pot one up for you. Could I get some of the hens and chicks?

Ratgirl, could I get a couple of Castor bean starts? What would you like from me?

Please don't forget the food sign up on the Conversations board or Rootdigger will make me bring everything! Hahahahahahahahaha (I don't have room, need to bring all these plants and a newbie to boot, and the dogs! Hubby has committed to cooking for us. Yeah, can you believe it? We're going to get Terry to come to the swap! Don't know about the BB's trip afterward. That may be pushing it.

Vickie

o
RE: Continued:Special Trades for Raleigh Swap

Oops, forgot, Nancedar, here is a link to my Solomon's Seal that has been growing in my gardens now for 3 years. This is last years picture.

Thanks,
Vickie

Here is a link that might be useful: Solomon's Seal

o

vickie, don't count on me for thrift! i *still* don't think those seeds have germinated, and my plant is still small. i could bring some limelight artemisia for the ginger since it doesn't look like you've traded for it with someone else.

arwen

o

The 'tube style' hens and chicks grow in a rosette like the normal ones except the leaves are each tubular and hollow.They don't seem to grow as large as the other but are neat just the same. Some are reddih and some are green.Also have the regular kind. Have the tube ones potted in solo cups, will put your names on them.....

Brenda hens and chicks for foxglove please

Hollyclyff hens and chicks for bengal tiger please

Ratgirl castor beans please and I could give you what?

dtp hens and chicks for rice paper plant please

Nancedar try to divide that clematis today.

o

New2, I think you are describing Sempervivum Oddity? It does get taller and more tubular. Mine have grown bigger this spring, but still waiting on babies. Another nice thing about it is I kept mine in a shallow pot (lots of sand mixed in) and under an overhang so winter rains wouldn't rot it and it came thru winter just fine. I love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sempervivum

o
RE: WANTED: Special Trades for Raleigh Swap

I found a better picture of it....

Here is a link that might be useful: Sempervivum Oddity

o

New2, if it is Oddity, I already have that one. I don't know what I was thinking, but I will still bring you a Rice Paper Plant. How about a Jackmanni clematis instead?

Thanks,

Vickie

o
RE: Continued:Special Trades for Raleigh Swap

arwen, the limelight will be fine for the ginger.

Thanks,

Vickie

o

Does anyone have sourwood trees on their property they would like to trade? My FIL want one to attract birds (he's a big birder) and heard they are very good. This may be a longshot but I thought I would ask. -Ais.

o

Ais I don't have any sourwood seedlings to dig up (I have read that they resent transplanting anyway) but I do have seed.

I have some tree seedlings, very small but with good root systems. Would anyone be interested in those? One is a sugar maple grown from seed collected on the NCSU campus, another is a white oak whose parent has terrific red fall color, and a third is a parsley hawthorne. I want to know whether it was worth it to lug them to the swap.

o

Ais, I have lots of sourwood seedlings, but they do have deep taproots,as Alicia wrote. I dug one today for you, and we'll see - if it's alive by the 29th, I'll bring it to you. So far I have had no luck finding Deb a sassafras the right size to dig. I have Solomon's Seal and False Solomon's Seal - the local native kind - also bellflower (Uvularia)- if anyone is looking for these. Alicia, I'd like your Parsely Hawthorne;what are you looking for?

o

New2, we're squared away for castor bean/forsythia for hens and chicks, per our offlist communication. If anyone else would like small rooted forsythia ('Lynwood Gold') let me know. I'm sure there are some more out there.

Vickie, I'll bring some castor beans for you. Couldn't find your trade list but it's no big deal.

Carla

o

AIS, that was my FIL's favorite tree. It's also a favorite of the bees and makes wonderful Sourwood honey! I love their fall color! There's a big one in the wooded lot next door. I've never looked for any babies, but now I'm curious.

o

Brenda, want to trade for the bellflower? You might laugh when you see this tree, but I just transplanted it into a 3 gallon pot to give the roots more room.

o

alicia, i don't know if you saw earlier, but i'm bringing you some yellow fragrant 4 o'clocks per our emails this winter. 1 big root, and 6 or more seedlings (and i bring more if you wnt- they are coming up gangbusters). any chance i can get that white oak seedling in exchange? i have tons of red oaks, but no whites.

root, If you find little sourwood babies, i'd love one, but otherwise, no worries. i'd like to have one, but don't want anyone to kill themselves getting a med sized one out, esp if they're hard to transplant. sourwood honey is about the only honey i like.

new2, i would love some of that tubular hen & chicks- do i have anything that you'd like in trade? (see my page) i looked at what you were looking for, but i don't have any of those, sorry. just let me know. thanks! tammy

o

new2 - those hens and chicks sound pretty cool. I'm looking forward to them. Will save you some Bengal. Thanks.
Dana

o

Tami, sure I will bring the white oak seedling. I have a couple more if you want more than one or if anyone else wants one. I have at least two sugar maples too if anyone is interested.

o

Thanks Brenda and Alicia! I'll take you both up on the seedling and seeds, if you don't mind. My FIL has plenty of land for them and has given me lots of stuff so I am delighted to find something for him. What can I give you guys in return?
I don't collect seeds much (except for those I use) but I am happy to exchange something potted Alicia, if there's anything you want of mine. The only thing on my trade list that is out is the Spigelia. The one I split for you, Brenda, is fine but that is all I want to split right now. So now I need to know what else you might want for the sourwood Brenda? Thanks! -Ais.

o

Ais, just call the Sourwood lagniappe, as we used to say in Louisiana. It may not make it. I have you down for native Heuchera, Bloodroot,puttyroot orchid, maybe-living-Sourwood, and Cimicifuga for Acanthus, Spigelia,var S.S., and Epimedium - is that right?

New2, I am excited about that way-cool hens&chicks!

Alicia, appreciate the unusual tree. Uvularia is not much to trade- it's so little, but I put maybe 5 tubers and a small bloodroot tuber in a little pot for you.

o

Thank you Brenda. Ais, would you willing to trade for a start of the Japanese anemone?

o

Alicia, I'd be happy to trade for the japanese anemone.
Thanks Brenda, that looks right. -Ais.

o

I have been out of town without computer access since Saturday and am just catching up on all of the messages for the past week. Nancy, I have a clematis 'Elsa Spath' set aside for you. It should be in bloom at the time of our swap. Vickie, I will look at what you have and make a wish list asap. Anyone else I have not responded to, I expect to catch up by Saturday.
I dug and divided a miniature hosta, 'Lemon Lime', while we were in Greenville, SC and will be adding that to my list. Also, I brought back some self-sown Agastache 'Anasata Honey' seedlings, more Ajuga 'Chocolate Chip' and toad lilies that are already on my list.

o

Ralph what kind of herbs are you looking for? I have lemon balm/mint and spearmint. Spearmint is one of the milder, sweeter mints. I have some fenugreek seeds just now coming up and borage. Haven't sown any this year, but I have some burdock seed if you're interested. Also have the wild native yarrow from Roan Mtn (use to live over that way). This is the white and beautiful foliage but loves to spread out with the right growing conditions. I keep it pretty contained and it's easy to yank out if it gets out of bounds. I've had it over 20 years and it hasn't taken over the world or anything, lol. Plus HO-SHOU-WU aka Fo-Ti. It's a Chinese herb, but I like it as a pretty vine. I keep it in a pot, but in our zone it'll die back in the winter and then come back out from the roots. Some people use it as a fill in around ponds. LMK

o

Ralph, our trade is for blue oak sage & Penstemon 'Sour Grapes' for plectranthus and pineapple sage. Since the pineapple sage sounds iffy would you like to sub an EE? I would like any of the ones you list.

o

Does anyone have any Wintergreen/Gaultheria procumbens? Cuttings, seeds, anything?

o

aisgecko, do you still have any of that salvia 'black and blue' and colombine 'black barlow'seedlings? I have a couple of different Coral Bells, one with green leaves and red flowers and one with dark leaves and white flowers if you'd like to trade?

Brenda, do you have any of the Hardy Fuchsia and left to trade? If so, can we trade some more?

tamelask, what kind of begonias do you want? Hardy or house plants? I have several at work and one has the red/coral flowers. It's called Sophie Cecile.

ratgirl, the link below is for my trades.

Thanks,

Vickie

Here is a link that might be useful: My Page

o

rootdiggernc - I have a few small starts - it is supposed to spread but hasn't in 2 years. Maybe you can get it to. I've been meaning to move it but wasn't real high on my priority list.
With the other stuff I'm bringing for you would you have a fan of Grape Magic Daylily for me?

Nancy the nancedar

o

Nancy, Yes, Yes, Yes!!! ...and Thank You! I have your sedum assortment already potted and will add a couple Grape Magic Daylily to our swap, anything else? WooHoo! ...doing a Snoopy Happy Dance!!

o

Does anyone happen to have a tiny Pawpaw or start of marsh marigold to trade?

Vickie, I was also looking for hardy fuschia.

Nancy, I'm bringing you 2 different pots because I don't know which you originally wanted - one of Meadow Rue (Thalictrum) and one of Rue Anemone (Anemonella thalictroides).

Tammy, the toad lily you gave me had a hitch hiker. A really pretty plant with green leaves spotted with white is coming up right next to it. What is it?

o

Vickie -- Your trade link went to MY trade page. Is that a glitch on my end? Anyhoo, I have lots of black and blue salvia if you don't find it elsewhere.

carla/ratgirl

o

brenda you got some of my pulmonaria! the reason i was digging amethyst out was because she was hogging my poopr pulmonaria's space. it's a nice plant- enjoy! looks like this thread is gonna max out before the swap. that's gotta be some sort of record!!

vickie- i love most of the rex begonias, and some of the more unusual other cool foiliage ones(but not the angelwings so much). you're probably thiinking of the place where i said i was intersted in a hardy begonia that had long tublar, or sorta anyhow, coral red flowers. pdn has it, but i don''t know the botanic offhand. was hoping it speads like the other hardies and someone who bought it would be willing to share. no biggie if not- i'll probably eventually buy it. i don't think brenda had hardy fsuchias- i was looking for them. she's got gartenmeister which is z 9, i think- so a cool basement one here. lovely, though. i looked up sophie cecile and it says & has pix of rose pink blooms. not fond of pink, really.

dana- on a plant dig/save today and there were maple leaved viburnums everywhere. so i got a few there- no worries about bringing one for me. thank you much. if you've already dug it, i can take it or you can pass it along to someone else.

alicia, thanks for the seedling. i only need 1, though.

gotta go get the dig stuff potted up. tam

o

Brenda - if no one has the pawpaw of your dreams, Niche had them last year. I don't remember if I had to ask for it so they would bring it up from the back but it is where I got mine and it is a fine looking plant. They can be tricky with their long roots and all.

Tammy - I think that begonia is a version of B. grandis. If not the leaves look very similar, its the flowers and flower stems that look special. Something in the back of my mind says to check out the Herronswood catalog like that is where it originated.

o

• Posted by tietie z7b / 8 nc (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 15, 06 at 14:27

does anyone have tomatillos plants, cuttings or seeds?

I'll also be bringing some petunia that reseeded nicely. The flowers are a red-purple with white stripes. Last year there was quite a bit of variation from flower to flower, all the way from solid red-purple to nearly white with one tiny stripe.

Tanya

o

Tanya - I might. I'm not sure what will be alive by the time I get back there (I'm far far away). I grew them last year and loved them. I know I started seed before I left so you may have to wait til swap day to find out. They should grow from seed just fine if you find any now.

o

• Posted by tietie z7b / 8 nc (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 17, 06 at 13:11

John, Cool. Just tell me where they are and I'll tend them and your other seeds while your gone. I'm assumming you are out in OK. Say hi to the lone star state as you drive by..... hey, if you really are driving let me know if you take 70. There is a place about an hour from St Louis right on the highway that has good home cookin' and the BEST PIE, truly mile high pie.

o

Tammy - how goes the mulberry? Since you already have the viburnum now, was there something else you'd like from me? I'll have silkworm eggs for you anyway. I have moths laying eggs right now. By the way, Skimmer (the turtle) has decided the caterpillars are quite tasty. Maybe even better than earthworms.
Dana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here