Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aezarien

Cleveland County/Shelby/Kings Mountain Area Plant Swap-Details

aezarien
14 years ago

Please join us in kicking off the warm season with a Spring celebration and plant swap. There will be food, games, and of course the main event, a plant swap.

We will be welcoming guests as early as 10am, for those who would like to come early and take care of prearranged swaps, help set up, or take care of other business.

We will start the celebration with potluck lunch at noon. We ask that whoever attends that plans on eating please bring a dish. It doesn't have to be complicated and it can be store bought if you don't want to make something. We will have a fire pit with a fire for a weenie roast and will provide a charcoal grill, should you wish to bring other items. We will also provide ice, sweet and unsweetened tea, and spring water for drinks and a cooler for other drinks you may wish to bring.

After lunch we will play a few games for door prizes and there will be a small gift for everyone who attends. Directly after, the plant swap will commence. I am remaining open to the process by which we do this for the moment depending on how many people show up. For now, we are planning to do a round robin type swap.

We are doing this on a "first come" basis. When you arrive you will receive a number. When the plant swap commences, everyone will line up according to the number you received. First round you will pick one plant and go to the back of the line. Second round you pick another plant and return to the back of the line. Third and fourth rounds you pick two plants, fifth and six, three and so on.. If there ends up being too few people to make this option feasible then we will revert to a more casual type swap. No numbers will be given out until after 10am so please do not show up at 6am!

As far as what plants to bring, perennials, annuals, vegetables, herbs, bulbs, and seeds are all acceptable. No invasive plants or poison ivy please! You won't be flogged if all you know is a common name for a plant but if you do know the variety and scientific name, other gardeners may appreciate it if you include that on your labels. If you are unsure of what you have, we will make an attempt to identify it for you.

Please water all the plants you plan to bring the night before the swap. If you do not have any plants to swap, you can bring food or garden supplies: pots, soil, fertilizer, tools, etc.

Following the swap there will be plenty of time to converse, wrap up any side trades, or finish up any other type of business you may not have been able to get to before the swap.

This will be a family event and even though I am pretty sure I don't have to say this, no alcohol or other prohibited substances will be welcome. Also, please do not bring pets or small, mobile children. I have nothing against them but I have poisonous plants and other non-kid and pet friendly elements in my yard.

I guess that wraps it up. As always, I am open to suggestions and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! For address and directions please feel free to contact me through either of these:

If you have a facebook account:

Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/zone_7#!/group.php?gid=379061880870

email:swap@zone-7.org

Comment (1)

Sponsored