Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: For Trade: Vegetable Seedlings & Boxwood

Posted by jmdandona 7/NC Piedmont Triad (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 8, 06 at 22:34

I'm new to this, so apologies in advance if this is inappropriate or unwanted.
I started my seedlings for this summer a few weeks ago and find myself with far too many. I have 70 or more tomato seedlings in particular that I'd be willing to trade some of. I'm looking for any kinds of shrubs that grow well here (I'm new to the area) or cuttings of shrubs, herb plants or seeds (especially rosemary, lavender, different kinds of mint), fruit tree seedlings, veggie seedlings (especially hot peppers, rainbow swiss chard, beans for drying like cannellini), etc. etc. I have seedlings for: tomatoes, zucchini, bush beans, yellow squash, melons, lettuce, bell peppers, eggplant and more. About 50% are heirloom, the other 50% are hybrids. Most are 3-4 weeks old, some have just been planted. I would also be willing to trade seedlings or seeds for baby chicks (the animal, not Hen and Chicks!). Also, we have a couple dozen boxwoods around our house that I would like to dig up (too close to the foundation) and possibly trade. I am located near Burlington and occasionally make it to Chapel Hill, Winston-Salem, or Greensboro. I'd rather not send anything through the mail... so please respond only if you're local. Thank you!!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: For Trade: Vegetable Seedlings & Boxwood

Send me an email -- I (in Durham) & a friend in Hillsborough will trade (we'll work out the location : )... cuttings of rosemary, probably lavender (i have 2 types but have never tried to root it)... other herbs...

And welcome! One thing you might want to do if you're new to the forum is enable people to email you. Oh, and look at the Raleigh swap topics and think about coming!

Arwen

o

I am interested in trading for a few of each of as many of your seedling varieties as you have available. I have several kinds of leaf lettuce (large plants) in 4-inch pots plus several varieties of mint and thyme, golden oregano, cilantro and lots of tender perennials like lantana, brugs, sage/salvia, Black Magic elephant ears, etc. If you are interested and will be coming toward Raleigh, I can probably meet you in Durham, Chapel Hill or elsewhere convenient to you.

o

Hello...Are you still trading? I am starting my first vegetable garden and would love to save your veggies from demise. I am in W-S and am a first season gardener...so I don't have much to trade. Some mexican sunflower, sweet alyssum, and a few seeds.

o

I have lavender that has done really well and pretty mature, I would be interested in the boxwoods. i am willing to travel for them, since I'm a little further away, if you still have the boxwoods!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here