Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have: raleigh 2010 spring swap plants - rj

Posted by safariofthemind z7b NC (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 25, 10 at 6:51

This is a continuation of the discussion from the Raleigh swap postings. Please write down what you want/need/could get. I will take 25 requests for this swap due to time limitations but we can always set up more trades at the swap for later. Cheers, RJ

--------------------------
Hi guys and gals,

Back from Europe after a couple of exciting unscheduled changes due to the ash from the Icelandic volcano which totally disrupted EU air traffic.

Glad to see the interest in the plants. In order to not clog up this thread I am going to start a separate thread so we can do our little planning prior to the swap.

There are too many plants available to just load them up in my SUV and bring to the swap. I believe it is not practical for me to bring more than 25 plants to the swap because of my space and time constraints as I am getting ready to go back to Panama for work again and I have a lot of planting to do before leaving.

So it's probably best to agree on what we all want online and then just bring what folks want. If there is more interest, we can always organize other swaps later as there is more time available in our schedules and, after I meet you all at the swap and talk about what each of us has in their garden and what we are looking for.

Here's to a fun swap!

RJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have: raleigh 2010 spring swap plants - rj

Hi RJ. I'm interested in your crinum, acorus, rain lilies and sprekelia. I'm not sure what kinds of things you're looking for, but I have at least a partial list of what I have for the swap on my trade page.

o

Got it Hollyclif. The rain lilies are the more common white ones, candida.

I am interested in any type of native woodland plants, especially ephemerals such as trout lilies, hyacinths, claytonia, bloodroot, orchids, trilliums, iris, etc, etc.

Also of interest is anything that a. does not spread too aggresively, b. is under 1 foot, and c. is cute, adorable or bizarre. Love to get short bulbs, natives, semi-arid plants, carnivorous plants (have a mini bog), species iris, and anything that blooms in fall/winter but is not invasive (ie, no solidago or black eye susans or rudbeckias please).

I also want interesting elephant ears/colocasia with colored stems such as ilustris and all other aroids are good except I already have more than plenty of arum.

Also any interesting tropicals that can overwinter in my unheated garage are welcome. The garage functions like an unheated conservatory. I keep about 40 pots of tropicals there in front of casement windows, but the temp goes down to 40F in there so no really tender plants can survive it.

Specimen sized cacti or other succulents are also welcome. I can accomodate a few more indoor pots along with my orchids in front of 2 SE facing windows. Currently I have cattleyas and other true tropicals in there along with some other specimens. Stapelias, hoyas, south african plants and interesting bromeliads/air plants are welcome.

Whew! Guess the old plant lust is in full swing. Like you all plant geeks, anything can catch my interest and I have probably killed it at least once :-)

Cheers,
RJ

o

RJ, do you grow many bromeliads and/or tillandsias? I've been getting into them lately and wondering if there's anyone around here to trade with, or even share the 2-for-1 Tropiflora special with.

o

Rj- i need to redo my lists, apparently because GW must have wiped them out. Didn't know they'd do that. Promise i'll get that done within a day or 2. Meanwhile, i just grabbed this from the other swap thread (if you don't have room for plants, cuttings are cool- i understand about being busy busy):

Off your list, I'm interested in sprekelia, gold tradescantia, hesperaloe, agave americana, dwarf lilac, & tetrapanax. Would be interested in cuttings of edgeworthia, fotherguilla minor, and itea. What kind of viburnum do you have? I'd love to get cuttings of any of the really fragrant ones. I have most of the native ones.

I can bring you some baby cyclamen hederifolium as mine are starting to seed around well. Strawberry begonia spreads, but not terribly, and is a great shady groundcover. Can bring you some if you don't have it going. I'm bringing a bunch of dogwood & jap maple seedlings, if that's of interest. I can def bring some of the native iris cristata- my patch needs thinned. Also, and other low native perennial that spread at a nice pace, is phlox divartica, and i can find some seedlings or divvys of it. I have quite a few mini bearded iris in an odd mustardy yellow with a bright blue beard. Not sure if it's a pure species or not. Will keep thinking about other things that fit your wish list...

o

Hi Karen,

Before I was working abroad I kept about 600 specimens of orchids and tillandsias/bromeliads, ant plants and other plants inside my house. My wife thought I was nuts with all the grow lights and humidifiers about. Got great specimens from West Coast shows and the orchid society shows plus the Marie Selby gardens in Sarasota, FL.

Nowadays my collection is but a shadow of its former self. After 5 years of going back and forth the collection is down to 20 specimens. My dearest wife is not a plant person you see, and I can't blame her for she has double the work with the family while I am out and about. Alas, I have had to cut down expectations.

Love tillandsias and bromeliads. One of the treats of being in Panama is seeing them in the wild all over the place. It's also nice to see what a real community of rain forest plants looks like and how they grow in "levels" above the forest floor all the way to the tree tops.

Right now I have little to offer you since I need to rebuild the collection. As I transition back into Raleigh full time I'd like to bring the number of indoor plants to a more reasonable 100 specimens since I don't want to go back to using grow lights and the SE facing windows can only accommodate so much. I'd love to trade garden plants for some tropicals.

RJ

o

Tamelask,

LMK when your list is up. Sounds like you have quite a few things. I can also propagate some of my plants if time is not an issue as I mentioned in the original posts. I have quite a few nice shrubs. Since patience is a virtue, I am also willing to give stuff now and wait for cuttings to be rooted later in the year. We gardening types are usually pretty good about stuff like that and it often happens that a plant you have shared comes back to help when the momma plant passes away and needs replacing.

Cheers, RJ

o

Hi Safari, I have bloodroot for rain lilies. Are they atamasco?

For other specials beforre the swap, I also have other natives to share this year if anyone is looking. My jack in the pulpit had babies, and I have loads of false solomons, solomons, and uvularia. I have a new rescue spot, but won't dig unless needed. Snakeroot.

Lots of large Buddleja lindleyana, and all the usual for the general swap like crocosmia.

o

RJ, I can imagine your wife's distress at being left with 600 orchids and broms indoors. I only wish I had been there when she was cleaning house! Up until I got my greenhouse last fall, I had to overwinter most of my tropicals in the garage. I got the tills figured out to where they would do fine in there, but the (non-terrestrial) broms were always problematic.

My parents just moved up here from FL, so my FL vacations are at an end (as in, 'how fortunate that my vacation coincides with the Selby spring plant sale'). On the up side, my dad's been growing orchids since I was 3 and brought his with him, so I can learn orchid culture from him now. I don't have anything to trade yet to beef up your orchid/brom collection, but I might when I divide dyckias this summer. They'd take 40 degrees in the garage, no problem. I've done it with them for years. I've also got other tropicals that can take the winter in the garage treatment. Do you have Brillantaisia subulugarica?

o

R J, I am looking unsuccessfully for your plant list. Obviously others are seeing it but I cannot? You can see mine by clicking on My Page & then Trade List. I have other plants that are one or two of a kind that are not currently listed if you have specific things that you are looking for.

o

ralph, he posted a big list in the other thread.

brenda, i would LOVE some snakeroot. Mine was planted shortly before the drought and i haven't seen it since we got out of drought. Let me know what i can bring you in return.

RJ- i'll get that list done as soon as i can, and let you know. I'm very patient, so we don't need to do any swaps this time if you need to root stuff or have too many or whatever. I was meaning you could bring fresh cuttings of stuff and i'd root it, but whichever way works for me.

o

ok, Tammy, I'll bring you some snakeroot. The ginseng you gave me at my first swap is really big and healthy. Thanks again.

I also have Impatiens omeiana and white lily of the valley. Also babies of the tiger lilies given to me at a past swap. Lots of hellebore seedlings from Pine Knot parents. As always, I have tiarella cross seedlings from named varieties crossed with native. I'm always interested in other tiarellas and impatiens. New Salvia elegans seedlings would be wonderful.

Safari, what about iris tectorum or salvia koyame (thanks to Karen)for a shade loving spreading cover? I have starts of either if you like.

I'm bringing a friend with few plants to start, but she has empty pots and extra food. And food is the real reason we swap I think. Is there a food thread yet?

o

Brenda, do you want me to stick you some cuttings from S. elegans 'Frieda Dixon' and Impatiens 'Jungle Gold'? Your tiarella seedlings are always on my wish list, so let me know if I can whip up anything to trade.

o

Brenda - if you have extras of the iris tectorum and salvia koyame, I would be interested in some.

I've updated my list on my trade page, so everyone just look there for what I have to trade.

o

Dana, I don't think we arranged any trades yet from that other thread, but I'd love one of your mother's crinum bulbs. And if you can get a piece out of 'Merlin' without hurting it I'd love to find something you'd want in exchange.

o

Dana, I think I could get a piece out of my Epimedium 'Baby Doll Pink' to trade for 'Merlin'.

o

Karen, I'll try to get you some 'Merlin' tomorrow. I can definitely bring you the crinum. I'm finally working on my woodland garden, so let me know if you have anything that would work in that setting. I do love epimediums and if you can get a piece from yours that would be great.

o

An update to the "available" list:

I now have 3 Basjoo banana pups. Also have 3 very large Burgundy Eucomis (gets beautiful dark purple 2' leaves and has been very reliable coming back). There's also many small Verbena bonairensis and some divisions of Calanthe ground orchids, wood poppys and lenten rose seedlings, giant meadow rue (thalictrum), Mullenbergia grass, dwarf iris, Israeli Iris (needs a dry location), variegated yucca, Miss Kim lilac, siberian iris, candy lilies, sedums and hens and chicks, Agave havardiana, variegated Miscanthus grass, Giant Rose pink hardy crinum (bulbs get to be 6" across and are very floriferous), have some giant ferns also but can't seem to find their identity (they are 4' high and very happily return and multiply year after year on the north side of the house).

o

I'd like to get some Epimediums and variegated Japanese woodland plants especially Rohdeas if anyone has any. Any dwarf shrubs are also welcome as are any hardy cyclamen, cypripedium or amorphophalus-related genera. Native plants in the same general sizes (under 2') and that don't spread aggressively are also welcome.

o

Brenda,

Will take uvullaria and / or bloodroot for the rain lilies. They are candida, the white ones. The atamasco I got at the Chapel Hill botanical garden haven't had babies yet...maybe next year. RJ

o

RJ, which calanthe do you have divisions of?

o

Karen - I've got your 'Merlin' potted up.

RJ - I would love to have some of your calanthe. I've got three different epimediums available if you're interested. Grandiflorum (white flowered), youngianum 'Merlin', and an evergreen with yellow flowers that I lost the tag for. Could you use mitchella repens? I just discovered it on my property and I think it makes a really cute ground cover. I can't find my trout lilies or I would offer you those. I do have several different native ferns, some hexastylis arifolia, heuchera americana, solomon's seal and false solomon's seal. Whatever you see on my trade page that you would like.

o

RJ- i have 2 epimediums i could get you a chunk of- 1 has cool rosey red medium sized flowers, the other a smaller flower with warmer red flowers. I can bring some cyclamen babies, too. I'll look and see if i can get any of my jacks or dragons (not sure if they are multiplying yet) to share. I'm interested in your calanthe and some of that giant fern. I don't need an ID- it sounds lovely!

Should be posting a more comprehensive list of what i have available later. I had to dig thru old stuff to try to find a list on which to base it- it's a pain to do those lists! I sure was mad when i found mine were wiped out! Word to the wise- i guess you have to update them every so often.

o

The calanthe is Calanthe discolor. It is blooming right now and is very cute. I have 3 small divisions. If it is happy in your garden it will bloom in 2 years time after you plant it. Now is a perfect time to plant it. It needs about 1/2 sun in a humusy soil at the edge of the woods.

Karen, Holly and tamelask, you got it. I'll take the epimedium Merlin Holly, the epi rosey red tamelask, and any interesting woodland plants you have Karen - any chance you have cyclamen?

o

RJ, I've already got several forms of C. discolor, so someone else should get a crack at it. I agree, it's a wonderful plant. I need to get into mine and try propagating from the old pseudobulbs. I've read that it's easy to do. I would be interested in your Israeli iris, though, if it's one of the Aril group. I could bring you an offset of Arisaema urashima, which has done great for me in dryish shade. As for cyclamen, I sowed lots of different seed this past winter and am for the most part still waiting for germination. The only one I have that's up and may be ready to pot on is the tender species C. balearicum, though I think it would be safer to wait until they go dormant later in the year.

o

Another update to the "available" list:

I have 2 divisions of the plain green Rohdea, 2 divisions of plain green iron cast plant/Aspidistra. There is also 50 bulbs of Drimiopsis maculata, a really, really cute spotted leaf plant known as African False Hosta. It is deer resistant and very trouble free. A choice plant.

I can also do rooted cuttings of contorted Poncirus citrus tree and Marginata Daphne odorata if any one is interested and has a little patience.

o

Karen - very well. I love Arisaemas. The Iris is indeed an Aril. Many of my species Iris come from Nicholls in Virginia others came from Oregon and Washington and have been happily living on my scree beds.

A problem I am having is that my dear wife has "lost" some of my tags, and there being over 50 species of Iris in the garden, identifying things now is a problem. Right now the ones in bloom are easy, as are the grassy types like algerian iris and cristata but some of the others are tough. Oh well.

o

Hello Safariofthemind, I would love some of you Drimiopsis maculata (african false hosta). What can I bring you? I have tons of hosta, don't know the names though, eyeball plant (I grew from seed - it's small), & campanulas. I just don't have all the great stuff that you guys have. I have all the basics: lemon balm, arum, archangel, hardy begonias, spotted toad lillies, spiderworts, purple obedient plant, chameleon, white gooseneck (invasive), strawberry begonia & apple mint. That's why I'm making a trip from W-S to the swap. Let me know if any of that is of interest to you. Judy

o

Ok- Rj, i have finally updated my exchanges page. I have lots more- some things I forgot and some i don't mention because if only have a few, so ask if you're looking for anything in particular. I'll try to update as i think of stuff. I will also do a list of all my trades so far (prolly on the other thread, but i'll try to copy/paste here too), just so everyone's clear. It helps me, too.

o

I'll take a peek at your list tamelask. I have some other things you may be interested in as well if not now, for later in the year.

Judy, I'll be glad to share some Drimiopsis. I'll take a campanula or an eyeball plant for it. I'll be glad to share other things once we meet as things become available to help get you on your way to a more diverse garden.

RJ

o

Late to the party as always! I didn't know if I could make it until now, so everything will be freshly dug and potted.

RJ I would love to have a giant fern or two!

Here is what I have to swap

Banana Musa Basjoo

Calla 'White Giant' (One only)
Crinum unnamed large plant, pink flowers

Tradescantia 'Blushing Bride'

Campanula 'Pink Octopus' and 'Cherry Bells'

Iris Japonica 'Eco Easter'

CANNA

canna Musafolia (Banana Canna)
Stuttgart (Variegated)
Tropicana
Orange Punch
City of Portland

Amarcrinum 'Fred Howard'

DAYLILIES:
Custard Candy
Elizabeth Salter
Empress Mei Ling
Layers of Gold
Miss Apache
Point of View
Rosey Returns
Tuscawilla Tigress
When I Dream

IRIS (TB)
Coral Point
Pinkness
Unnamed Yellow

MONARDA:
Petite Delight
Aquarius
Pisces
Mahogany

SEDUM:
Kamtschatka
Black Jack (cuttings only)

Solidago 'Fireworks'(Goldenrod)

YARROW:
Terra Cotta
Pretty Belinda

Wants: Lilium species, tall mildew resistant phlox, heuchera, anything that likes dry sandy soil for under a maple tree, large ferns, or let me know what you have!

Aloha,

Sally

o

Hi RJ, would you like a sarracenia alata for one of your Calanthe discolor?

o

RJ - I'm bringing you campanulas and an eyeball plant for the drimiopsis.

Sally - I would like some of your blushing bride tradescantia. I do have some heucheras. Is there a particular one or color that your looking for?

o

RJ, what Salvias do you have available? Are there any that you are looking for? I recently reposted my Trade List, but I will be adding more plants in the next few days.

o

JD- I like any kind, especially very dark or very light, but I'm not picky. :-)

Sally

o

Sally - I'll bring you a heuchera for the blushing bride tradescantia. I think I have a burgundy/red heuchera that needs dividing, if ok with you. Judy

o

hosta200,

Recently bought some Sarracenias so I'll pass on that. Any woodland plants from my "wanted" list maybe? I'll take small natives also. RJ

o

Another addition to the "available" list: 5 large pieces of Russian Red giant cannas. These are very large (to 10') burgundy leaved specimens. The flowers are small and rosy red so it's mostly grown for the foliage. If you like to make a statement, this is it. Great with Musa basjoo and Elephant Ears.

Ralph - I have Salvia guaranitica Black and Blue, gregii, and that's it. I am rebuilding my salvia numbers as they attract beneficial insects...

Sally - got you on the fern. I'll take some Sedum kamschatka

RJ

o

Sally, I would love to get some of your cannas 'Orange Punch' and 'Stuttgart'. Check my list to see what you might be interested in.

RJ - you never said if there was anything you would like for the crinum, acorus, rain lilies and sprekelia. So far I've just got you an epimedium 'Merlin' for the calanthe.

Thanks!

o

Hi Ralphw - I would like to get the lysamachia congestiflora persian chocolate and the outback sunset. Please check my trade list. I have black eye susan vine seeds, if your interest and I can also check to see if I have another heuchera that needs dividing. Thanks, Judy

o

Dana, I realized that I need to find something else for you so I checked your trade list for wants, and all I came up with is more 'wants' of my own! So if I can find enough things of mine that you want, I'm interested in the little goodyera and any daylilies that are spiders. Twist of Lemon, Wind Frills, and Flutterbye fall into that group, right? I'll check my other epis to see if I have any others I can divide that you don't already have, E. youngianum 'Niveum' comes to mind as one I could take a piece out of. I've also got that little Thalictrum kusianum that's good for shade and I think I could probably get another offset from the Arisaema urashima. I could also bring Geranium maculatum, a native that I got from a friend in TN, and a tough and faithful yellow primula that came with my house, probably a passalong from the previous owner's mother. I keyed it out once but have forgotten the species -- if it's still in flower I'll try to put a name on it again.

o

Karen, I can only get one fan from Wind Frills and the goodyera is seriously small. Is that OK? The other daylilies shouldn't be a problem. I don't think they are officially classified as spiders, but they are in the spider/unusual form category and they're some of my favorites. I've got plenty of the crinum for sure. I would love the arisaema if you can get it and also the others you listed. The only epidmedium I have besides the three listed on my trade page is rubrum, so any other is welcome.

o

Rj- i have several sages you might be interested in- a watermelon colored one, (labeled summer sage & tenatively id'd as a macrophyllum, i think, if i recall right), another pink sage- similar to the other but with more rounded and glaucous foliage, a third that's more of a pink/purple color in a purple calyx and i'm fairly certain is a greggii, and then i have s. uliginosa. Oh, and clary sage and s. regla. And a solid red- marischino, probably, and lipstick. I would love to get one of the giant ferns! You have a bunch of stuff i'm interested in, but i know you're limited on room for this swap. Just let me know what you'd like in trade for however many you're willing to do for now & we can worry about the rest later.

o

Holly,

I'll take some goodyera, pieces of the other 2 epimediums you have, and some euphorbia red wing. If you want more things from my offerings LMK. I recommend the giant canna if you don't already have it. It even grows nicely in part shade although it won't get as big. RJ

o

Thank you Tammy. Maybe in the fall I'll take you up on the offer for salvias. I'd already bought several salvias that are waiting to go into the ground from nurseries and I want to wait until I see how much room I have at the end of the summer before adding things that get big or spread. RJ

o

Dana, I don't mind small plants at all. They'll grow just fine.

o

RJ - is there anything you would like besides the goodyera? 'Cause I only have the small piece that I already promised Karen. If I get a chance I will hunt for some more, but it's pretty scarce in my woods.

o

Sure Holly, any other ephemerals?

o

RJ, things I have for woodland gardens are dwarf solomen seal,vairigated solomen seal,Disporopsis pernyi (Evergreen Solomon's Seal),phlox divaricata, Broad beech fern, Ostrich fern, Sensitive fern, Autumn fern, Christmas fern, and a small lady fern that has redish stems. I also have a young poet's laurel. I could pull off some pups of Colocasia cranberry, illustris, ele paio, fontenesi (a little larger)and Z. lime zinger.

o

Holly,

A pup of Colocasia fontanessi will do nicely. I love colocasias and lost a couple to frosts. Agreed? RJ

o

Wow. you guys have been busy. I need to catch up.

Tammy, I'd love baby cyclamen for snakeroot. I'm also bringing you curly willow branches -rooted and not.

RJ, I have plenty of Z candida. Could we swap drimiopsis for the bloodroot?

Karen, I'm happy to bring you tiarella - I have a new crop of crosses (and disappointed to find 'Heronswood Mist' sterile). Could I have some of your shady thalictrum?

Dana, I can bring iris tectorum and salvia koyame for you. I'm interesed in crinum and epimedium, and I'm not fussy about kinds.

Judy, do I have anything you would like in exchange for some ore hardy begonia?

Sally, I'd love some of your crinum. I could offer maybe David phlox, tiarella, or Tulipa clusiana var. chrysantha?

I'm hoping to work on my trade page today. Love this swap!

o

RJ - I think you meant to address that to hosta200. I don't have any colocasia - mine all died too. All that I have is on my trade list unless I can find some more goodyera.

o

Hosta200, would you be interested in a trade of Colocasia pups? I could bring Diamond Head in exchange for Elepaio. Alternatively I could divide 'Elena', but it would be a small division. It looks like it would bulk up fast, though.

Brenda, I'll dig you some thalictrum this weekend.

o

Brenda, I'll can bring you some hardy begonia for some of your rehmannia elata (chinese foxglove). Thanks, Judy

o

Sorry Holly. Yes, it was hosta200.

Brenda, glad to trade for the Drimiopsis. Done.

No takers on the Basjoo banana and cannas? Boy, how fashions change. A few years back tropicals were all the rage, now no interest...

o

Okay, RJ I put your name on the Colocasia fontenesi.
Karen, I'll bring you Elepaio for a piece of Elena.

o

Sally - I would LOVE one of your Stuttgart Cannas, I have plenty of Bengal Tiger, or maybe you'd like something else?

o

I think my dad may be able to come to the swap this spring. He literally just moved here from FL so mainly has a blank slate (ie large expanses of red clay) but said he had some small divisions of an endemic FL orchid called Encyclia tampensis he might trade. I don't know what that is but am going to look it up, and you can be sure I'm going to get one before he starts swapping them outside the family! He doesn't have internet access hooked up yet but I told him he could come peruse the exchange posts at my house this weekend, in case anyone expressed interest.

RJ, there's absolutely no lack of interest in tropicals on my part, but right now I have about as many bananas as I can handle. Most of them came from swaps like this one, so don't quit offering by any means.

o

Judy, I can bring you Lysimachia congestiflora 'Outback Sunset' for sure. I am not sure if I can dig any more of the 'Persian Chocolate' right now. If not now, I will bring you some in the fall. Your Black-eyed Susan Vine seed will be fine. I am interested in any Huecheras you have, so if you find that you can divide one, we can talk about another swap. By the way, among the shade plants that we planted at J C Raulston Arboretum Trial Gardens this past Tuesday, included was a new L. congestiflora with dark foliage called 'Intrigue' by Proven Winners. I did not think that it was as attractive as 'Persian Chocolate', but need to see them side by side for a real comparison.

o

Well, I have a trade list now, but plenty of more special stuff I can dig if tempted. (You know the only cure for temptation...) Everyone's lists of "wanted" are very helpful.

Lynne, Is there anything I could trade you for 'Apricot Sprite', or any of the rupestris type agastache you have?

Majick, I am interested in your butterfly weed seedling.

Rootdigger, glad you are coming! Is there anything I have that you might like for a chelone? I am going to try and dig a sourwood tree for you, but pick something else if you want to trade, since I have a 50% survival rate with sourwoods and it will be small.

Ralph, I have been crossing your lightening strike with samurai, and I have a very special mostly golden seedling that I would tempt you with.

Judy, do you still want obedient plant? Anything else on my list of interest? Do you still have a monkshood seedling perhaps?

o

Does anyone have any Dutcheman's Breeches that they are willing to part with? I've been looking for that plant/seed for the last year. If so, please look at my trade list.

Ralphw - I'm bringing you some black eyed susan vine seeds and a heuchera that I dug up last night and potted. This was my first attempt at dividing a heuchera - hope it worked. This is in exchange for the Outback Sunset.

Brenda - I'm still looking for a white flowering obedient plant for a friend. I have tons of purple that I'm trying to get rid of. I need to see how many more monkshood plants I have lefted. They got mixed near the corydalis plants and I can't tell which is which. I have plenty of monkshood seeds lefted. Also, would you like an eyeball plant (I think you gave me the seeds at the last swap)? I'm also interested in your jack in the pulpit.

o

Brenda - I have you down for crinum and whichever epimedium you want. Can I add uvularia and impatiens omeiense to my want list?

o

Brenda, your hybrid Toad Lily sounds exciting. I have two nice Impatiens zombensis. I also still have I. arguta and I. sp 'Sichuan Gold' from PD's. Do you need any of these? What else can I bring you? If you have any Jack-in-the-Pulpit babies left, I would love one. I bought a bulb of its Japanese cousin (Japanese Cobra Lily) recently and it has already sent up a small secondary shoot. If it can be separated, I will bring you that. I am rooting some Duranta 'Gold Edge', but do not know whether they will be ready to pot up.

o

I have crinum 'Carolina Beauty' bulbs if anyone wants any.

o

Ralph, I potted up a Jack seedling for you last night. So Toad lily seedling and the Jack woudl be great for some of your Impatiens zombie and arguta, ok?

Dana, any epimedium is fine - the evergreen one sounds interesting. I have uvularia and omiense for you too. Do you still have some atamasco lilies? The iris tectorum are seedlings, so I am just throwing them in. With extra tlc, they will bloom for you next year. My patch has spread and is putting on a nice purple show in shade.

Judy, I have white obedient plant, Rhemannia elata, and a Jack for you. I have monkshood seeds, but I'm not having luck with them. Would you have cyclamen and aster in addition to the hardy begonia?

Ratgirl, I 'm interested in your crinum if I have anything of interest to you. I have more than on my list - what are you looking for?

Hosta200, what are you looking for? I'm interested in your Colocasia or Lime Zinger.

o

Brenda - I've got you down for the atamasco lilies.

o

I'll post a list of what trades I think I've arranged later today. Until then,

RJ, a pup fell out of my Tillandsia baileyi this afternoon. I'd be glad to bring it to the swap for you if you want it and don't already have that one. Don't worry about thinking up a trade for it, I have plenty of it, but if you don't want it I'll just cram it back into the parent.

Brenda, do you still have your little pond in the back? I have a seedling Gentiana saponaria that I started last year that should be happy there. The parent plant is from Montrose, native to the pond on the property there. Again, no trade necessary, just looking for a good home and since this originated close to the two of us, I figure we should be able to make it happy.

o

Brenda - I'll bring a few for you - they are really little and not worth a trade - but I have tons in peat plugs that I potted up.

o

Brenda -- The variegated white-flowered impatiens sounds interesting.
Carla

o

Brenda, I could use some false solomens seal. Which colocasia would you like?

o

Brenda, I can bring you the hardy begonia and the mottle leaf aster. Unfortunately, I don't have any monkshood seedlings left. The cyclamen isn't big enough to giveaway. Is there anything else you would like? I do have corydalis, that I thought was monkshood.

o

Hosta200, any would be fine. Lime Zinger would be great, but it's not hardy, right?

Karen, happy to provide a home, but please let me know what you would like. I have lots of ephymerals. Even small starts of Trillium cuneatum or hepatica.

Magick, that's great. I'd love to give you something too.

Judy, begonia and aster are great. Is corydalis ok for shade?

Carla, that's a deal!

o

Brenda, hepatica would be amazing.

o

That's awesome Karen. I too will be bringing things to just give away as I did in the past. It's all a "karma" thing. It always comes back multiplied by the universe :-)

I'd love to have some Hepaticas guys. Anything I can trade for it?

Tonight I'll post the list of my trades so far so folks can see what is available/wanted still...

o

I'm sure that I can pot up the rest of the specials I've promised tonite, including hepaticas for Karen and RJ. RJ, let me know what you have still. I have a big week at work, so I can't arrange any more "specials" unfortunately, guys.

In case you haven't made it to the previous swap, the vast majority of items we bring go into the general swap, where John rings a bell (or whistle?) and everybody grabs a plant. And so on until plants are gone. The "specials" that we've been arranging in this post are just a few pre-arranged side trades. So prepare to get some surprises. And bring food. John maintains that the food is the real reason we all come.

o

Brenda- would you like an acslepias tuberosum seedling? Our trade is lopsided and i saw you asked majick for one. I have at least one.

Ralph- i haven't heard from you yet on what you want. If you still have an impatiens zombensis, i'd love to get it if i can get you any of the plects i mentioned before and/or a moses in a boat (or both).

Dana- i know i said no worries about a trade, but in looking through all the trades, i saw one thing that if you have another division, i'd love, but if you don't, it's not big deal, really. It's the 'merlin' epimedium. pretty little thing!

Judy, i noticed you have the hardy begonia. I managed to be too generous with mine and then lost the remainder to drought and would love to get it going again. Is there anything else i can bring you? My trade page is updated.

I'm posting this to both threads from here down since we got a little wide spread here. :)

The first line is what i'm bringing, second what you're bringing. A (?) after your name/plant means i don't know if you want the item, or if you can bring it- please let me know, thanks.

brenda- cyclamen hederifolia, asclepias tuberosum seedling(?)
snakeroot, curly willow

ralph- gold coin plectranthus (not a trade), cuban oregano(?), any other plects(?), moses in a boat(?)
impatiens zombensis(?)

Dana- dicliptera subulata
epimedium 'merlin'(?)

Karen- Dianthus japonica
S. karwinskii

RJ- troutlilies, rose epimedium
sprekelia, fern (later), calanthe orchid

Judy- 2 divvy's of lipstick
hardy begonia(?), monkshood seedling (or corydalis, is fine, too)

Elsie (off threads)- pot of jap maples
midnight salvia

bringing to the general swap so far- iris cristata, dianthus japonica, japanese maple seedlings, small dogwoods, 1 divvy of lipstick salvia, a forsythia, 2 seedling contorted poncirus 'flying dragon', 2 dame's rocket (purple or white), rudbeckia triloba, hellebore orientalis seedlings, horehound, lathyrus latifolia (perennial sweet pea), tricostemma 'blue curls' and anise agastache.

I will be pretty busy this week, but some possibilities that i could still dig: woodland phlox, a mini bearded iris that is mustardy yellow with a bright blue beard, sedums, carolina jessamine seedlings, butterfly pea, and lots more stuff on my trade page
I also have a ton of tricostemma and aquilegia canadensis babies i could pull up the morn of- they are where i don't want them in the drive. The columbine don't normally transplant well, but they shouldn't be too hard coming from the gravel and if i know someone wants them...

Looking for autumn fern, ostrich fern, and especially 'dehlia's purple' that i brought divisions of to a few people a few yrs back. I lost my mother plant to some disease. It's an old fashioned rose and the chances of finding it elsewhere are nil since my mentor never was able to ID it out, so she named it. I don't know if i could get it from her again- the homestead where it is is ways off and she's in poor health.
Also, i seem to have lost my hardy begonias. I think i gave away too many one year and the droughts finished off the rest. Would love to get white or pink, but esp the white.

o

Tammy - you're in luck. I was able to get three divisions of 'Merlin' and I've got one left unclaimed, so I'll put your name on it.

o

Ratgirl, I would love a crinum! Let me know what I can bring for you!

Sally

o

This is what I've got for special trades, let me know if I've missed anything.

Topher: Abutilon 'Canary Bird' for variegated heliconia

Tammy: Salvia karwinskii for Dianthus japonicus

Brenda: Thalictrum kuisianum and Gentiana saponaria for Tiarella, Hepatica

Dana: Thalictrum kuisianum, Epimedium x youngianum 'Niveum', Epimedium 'Baby Doll Pink' , Arisaema urashima, Geranium maculatum, and yellow primrose for crinum, daylilies, Epimedium 'Merlin', Goodyera

RJ: Arisaema urashima (and Tillandsia baileyi) for aril iris

Ralph: Anomatheca laxa, Plectranthus (gold and white edged from your collection last year, hadiensis, fruticosus, saccatus), Musa 'Siam Ruby', giant blue salvia from Montrose, various coleus, other salvia for Impatiens omeiana

Hosta200: Colocasia 'Elena' for 'Elepaio'

Bob: Epimedium, Disporum sessile Variegata for heuchera richardsonii, tiarella cordifolia

Carla: Salvia 'Limelight'

Judy: Epimedium for monkshood

o

Tammy, that would be great, but I don't think we're lopsided.

RJ, would you have any more crinum or Israeli iris? Your hepatica is potted up.

As always, please let me know if we traded something previously that died immediately and I'll replace it. I try to pot up the specials carefully, but a week before the swap is not enough time to see if root systems got over the shock.

o

Karen -- I just e-mailed you regarding something to trade for Limelight, but then I realized I don't know where my garden web inbox is. When/if you receive it, please e-mail me at ncgardenshare@mindspring.com. E-mail me if you don't also! -- Carla

o

Tammy, I have just rooted some I. zombensis and I will be glad to bring you a couple, The only Plectranthus that I have left is P. 'Mona Lavender' If you do not have it, I can probably bring you a recently rooted cutting of it, also.

o

So, do you want some of the other plects, then, Ralph? I'm happy to bring them. They won't be rooted, but every plect i've tried so far roots super easy. I'm tickled to get zombensis again. It's such a cutie!

Brenda, don't worry about lopsided. Your stories are worth a swap or 3. :) Besides, as i count it, it's 2 for 2.

Dana- thank you so much! I really like epi's and love the purple ones. This will be my first purple. yay! Duke gardens has 2 or 3 gorgeous ones, but where you can buy them i don't know.

I found a nice little carolina jessamine as i was digging the last of my special trades that will be added to the general swamp unless someone claims it ahead of time.

o

keithrnjd, i'll reserve a few crinum bulbs for you. How about a cutting of black jack sedum?
Carla

o

Tammy, I have your hardy begonia & campanulas potted up. I'm bringing you corydalis instead of monkshood. What I thought was monkshood turned out to be corydalis. Sorry, about that.
At the fall swap, you had this really cool plant, that attracted hummingbirds. The plant had whitish/greenish fuzzy foilage and orange flowers. Are you bringing any of those plant to the swap? If so, can I get a cutting/plant?

Brenda - I've got you down for hardy begonia, aster and corydalis. Corydalis is a shade plant. Again, my apologies for the corydalis/monkshood mix up.

Karen W - I had swapped some monkshood for your epimedium. What I thought was monkshood is actually corydalis. Would you be interested in corydalis for epimedium? I do apology for the mistake.

o

Judy, that was dicliptera subulata. I dug a chunk for dana a few weeks ago- i'll see if i pry another chunk out. If i can't (and i may not get time), when it's taller i'll root you some, since it roots easily. Last i looked, it's just barely up right now- not tall enough to get a cutting, but i'll double ck. Are you somewhat local? Thanks for the begonias! And corydalis is fine with me- i like them a lot.

o

Tammy, If you get a chance, that would be great, but if you don't I understand. Thank you for being so generous. I'm in Winston-Salem.

o

Judy, depends on which corydalis it is. Do you know the species, or can you describe it for me? The epi is yours either way, so don't worry about that, but I've got one corydalis that's trying to take over my world so I'm just being careful. They're so pretty when they bloom that I get suckered and then I have seeds and then I have regret. It's an unfortunate pattern I haven't been able to shake, but I'm trying.

o

Karen w - I'm not very good at describing, but it has a yellow flower on it. I'll look up corydalis and see if I can id it. Is there anything else off my list that you would be interested in?

o

Maybe 'Athens Yellow'??

o

I looked up the Athen Yellow and it's a climber. Mine isn't. My corydalis probably gets 12" to 15" high and does have the blue green foilage. Looks alot like a bleeding heart. People always comment on it.

o

Karen- you are soooo funny! And i'm sure many, many of us can sympathize. You gave me some of the cute corydalis at my request but it never did take off for me. Somehow i wouldn't mind it as a weed so much. 'Course, henbit, violets or even creeping charlie's pretty when you're looking at one plant but a garden full of it isn't so nice... LOL

Judy- right now the dicliptera is about 2-3" tall. Maybe by week's end it'll gain another inch and i can take fresh cuttings. It's in the mint clan and roots easily. If we get some good rain (PLEASE!) i can probably pry out another basal chunk if i get time.

Ralph, i think i'm going to reneg of the moses in a boat. I finally found it this morn (i couldn't recall where i stashed it- usually overwinters in liv's room but it was in k's this winter and he's worse about watering). So, I only have 3 growth points right now. I should be able to take a cutting in a month or so and get you some going & bring it by the arb, if that's ok. It loves to be outside for the summer, and I know it'll recover fast out there. I've had that plant for 20+ yrs. Used to be huge! I was little panicky when i couldn't find it right off. I'd planted it at the base of a tall dracaena.

o

Ralph, I would love some Plectranthus 'Mona Lavender' cuttings --- I spent all last summer coveting a big one my neighbor had! I don't have much to trade, unless you are interested in native staples, i.e., ferns, ginger, dogwoods, green & gold, etc. There are plenty in my backyard. I also have some Nepeta 'Caradonna", rose campion, bee balm (fushia) mini dafadil bulbs and beautyberry. Or, if you'd rather have homemade raisin bread, I can make some for you on Friday ;)

I am also looking for peonies (not white), Hollyhock 'Zebrina', Aster 'Bluebird', Mexican petunias, and 'Country Girl' Mums. Can you tell I'm just getting started and I like purple and blue?

o

Judy, the corydalis sounds just fine. One of the 'good' ones, meaning I'm still trying to get it established in my garden. So funny how plants can be thugs or impossible depending on who's trying to grow them.

o

Suzanne, i could bring you some 'country girl' mums for either some ferns- do you have ostrich, royal or autumn? or for mini daffs. I have a purple aromatic aster- not sure if it's a cultivar or not. It's very vigorous. let me know if you're interested.

And Ralph, i never answered you, but yes, i'd love some 'mona lavendar'. Sorry about the oversight and thanks for the offer.

o

Brenda, I'll bring you Colocasia 'Fontanesii'. For me it is the most reliable to come back every year. I'll also bring a small pup of Lime zinger but it isn't hardy.

Tammie, I have an autumn fern for you. If you still want to visit my place, we can dig it then.

o

Suzanne - I have a ton Mexican Petunia - I'll bring some for you to help you get started :)

I, too love purple in the garden!

o

Suzanne, I would love to have some more Green and Gold for P. 'Mona Lavender'. I am down to one small clump of G & G. If you would like to bake some raisin bread, I can dig you as many Mexican Petunias (Ruella) as you would like for it. Tammy, I too usually have good luck rooting cuttings of Plectranthus, so I'll take a couple of whatever you have. I do still have the tall P, (argentatus/) with the solid silver leaves and one that has small green and white leaves(P. coloides?) and makes long low stems.

o

Tammy --- I honestly don't know what kind of ferns I have, they're just big! BTW, how many do you want? I'll bring you some daffs regardless -- they're so great to tuck in little spaces.

Magick --- I remember you writing me back in January --- we really should get together. I'm in Holly Springs! Thanks for the petunias. Are you sure you don't want some Nepeta 'Caradonna"? It's already started blooming, PURPLE, and the deer never bother it!

Ralph ---- From reading this board, you will be busy enough this week without digging any more petunias... The Plectranthus will be plenty for me. (Whooo hooo!)

o

Suzanne, I like big ferns, no worries. :) They could be cinnamon, ostrich, autumn or royal if they are big- all of which i like. I only asked b/c i have a colony of lady ferns already. I'll take whatever you'd like to dig. Is there anything else of mine you want? (there's a big list on my trade page) I also have mexican petunias, but it sound like you'll have enough! Yes, i love the mini daffs- can't get enough. I do have some, so if you only want to dig a few that's absolutely fine. I don't have any of the hoop petticoat ones, if you have those. I have a teeny tiny kind that has multiple blooms clustered together (white w/yellow cups), lots of jetfire, some little regular form yellow ones, and another tall white & yellow one.

Ralph, i may have the coloides... i'll just bring them and if you don't need them, i'm sure somebody else will like them. I got them from campbell rd last fall and they weren't labelled. I've only swapped the oakleaf/aromatic type with a few people so i doubt you have that one (it originally came from bb's, unlabelled). I have a pot ready to go of it. It's sparse now from the winter but it'll fill out outside in the sun/shade & air. Lovely purple blooms later.

Hosta- i'd LOVE to come to see your place. Maybe we can arrange a time at the swap. What can i bring you for the autumn fern? You seem to have everything!

o

Suzanne - the Nepeta 'Caradonna' would be great!

o

Tammy --- I do admit, I'd like some black and blue salvia. I had some last year, but it doesn't look like it made it through the winter.

Magick --- one Nepeta C, coming right up! They make such a huge mound, in just one season... can you tell I'm in love?

Here's some things I'm bringing to the general swap:
tons of yellow cannas, bee balm, crocosmia, white iris, NE aster, yellow yarrow, a big fern or two, and wild ginger.

o

Hi, Does anyone want any horsetail (Equistum Hyemale)? If so, I'll bring it to the swap, if not I'll leave it in the ground. Judy

o

suzanne- happy to bring b&b. I'm headed out to dig the last few things right now.

o

Ok- Suzanne i have for you the aromatic aster, 'country girl' mum and b&b. Plus and extra aster that will go into the general swap unless someone wants it.

Judy, i got your dicliptera and an extra for the general swap.

Brenda, i got your cyclamen, though they are dormant and tiny. The bulbs look like little pearls. I put them in a tiny pot together- just let them be mostly dry over the summer & start watering again come fall.

I also dug 5 small plants of the summer sage- it's a very pretty watermelon reddish pink color to add to the gen swap unless someone claims them.

I have some roses rooted, but before i add them i have to definitely ID them. I know 3 of them are either aloha or new dawn- i'm fairly certain they are aloha. New dawn is a parent so they do look somewhat alike til they bloom. And i have have 1 iffy start of veilchenblau- it looks as if it's just rooted. I'll bring it, label it that it needs some tlc. Veil is an easy easy rose once it's rooted. In fact, if anyone comes to the park via vandora springs to buffaloe (instead of aversboro to buffaloe- they form almost a loop) my veilchenblau will be in full bloom right out at the rd. I'm at 1218 buffaloe. Look for the big purple rose arbor- there aren't too many of those! :)

o

Judy - I'd LOVE some horsetail, anything I can being you?

o

actually, judy, i'd love some horsetail, too. I kept mine in a pot in the pond and it finally petered out. I figured i'd get some at the fair, but this is easier.

o
RE: have: raleigh 2010 spring swap plants - rj2

ok- deb/rootdigger has claimed the veichenblau start and one of the alohas, and the 3rd lipstick start.

If i have time, i may bring some fresh cuttings of veilchenblau if anyone wants to try their hand- it's a very easy one to root.

o

Tammy & Magick, I'll pot up the horsetail tomorrow.

Magick - I would love some Mexican petunia, if you have it to spare.

o

Sally -- Do you still want the Carolina Beauty crinum bulb? I'd love a cutting of Black Jack sedum. I also may have a heuchera.
Carla

o

You've got it Judy!

o

RJ, do you have any of the Burgundy Eucomis left. I can offer a toad lily with yellow striped leaves ('Lightning Strike') or one with white var on the edge of the leaves ('Samurai') or Japanese Painted fern or Trillium cuneatum for it.
Judy, I am interested in your Toad Lily with spotted leaves (Amethyst?) Can I offer you a var. Toad Lily in exchange? Or anything else from my list. Also, do you have another Corydalis that you would like to trade?
Magic, would you like some 'Pink Elephant' ee's for some 'Bengal Tiger' Cannas (or whatever else I may have for the cannas)?
Sally, I am interested in your 'Tropicana' cannas and 'Pink October' Campanula. Is there anything that I can bring you for them? See my trade list?
Lynne, what type of Agastache are you growing.

o

ralph, if judy doesn't have amethystina, i'd be happy to pot you up some. It takes over my world.

o

Ralph, I can bring you some spotted toad lilies but I'm not sure what the Amethyst means. I would love some Lightening strike toad lillies. I'll look to see if I have an extra corydalis and if I do I'll bring to you.

o

Hi,

Still have the eucomis left. They are huge bulbs too. I'll take the Trillium for it.

Bad news on the Calanthe. They did not do well after transplant and they are not trade-able in my opinion. Anything else I could interest you in for those that wanted those?

RJ

o

Ralph, I do not have the amethystina toad lily. I'm still checking on the corydalis .

o

Ralph- i'll dig an amethystina for you tomorrow.

RJ- has the agave havardiana been claimed? I'd like that instead of a calanthe.

o

RJ -do you have any more sprekelia instead of the calanthe?

Tammy, I'd take some water clover for the autumn fern.

o

I need to take that off my page, Mike. I don't have it any more. I'm so sorry- it died out on me last yr. I had to redo those lists from some old ones and thought i caught all the stuff i'd lost, but obviously not. I'd like to get it again from someone i gave it to! LOL!! Is there anything else i could get you?

o

Ralph - I'd love some Lightening Strike toad lilies (any variegated), or Japanese Painted Fern. Since most of my property is shady, I'm trying to find fun shade lovers! I'll bring the Cannas for you!

o

Ralph - I will have small agastache plants that I started from seed this year - it is just called 'fragrant mix' - Thompson/Morgan seeds - I also have Apricot Sprite - I will several 4" pots of both .......

Lynne

o

I have a pup of the A. havardiana that you can have tamelask. And yes, I can give you one more Sprekelia Hosta200.

I still have 2 more Sprekelias, Musa, Canna, Crinum, Iris and wood poppies.

o

RJ - I think we're good on trades since I didn't find any more goodyera. So no need to substitute for the calanthe. I have you down for three different epimediums and euphorbia 'Red Wing' for crinum, rain lily, acorus and sprekelia.

o

Hi, Can I get a contact name & number just in case I get lost? Thanks, Judy

o

for who, judy? John? Email me if you want mine- i live literally around the bend from the park. I think i'm the closest swapper to it.

o

Tammy, I sent you an e-mail. Judy

o

Ralph - I'm bringing wyou a corydalis.

o

Brenda - I know it's late (was just checking over to make sure I got all my trades together) but if you see this in time, I'd love to try your Impatiens with lg cream and green leaves and lg white flowers. If you don't see it in time - no worries :)

o

ok, Magick!

o

Wow, you guys rock. Each swap seems more fun than the last. Thanks for the plants,and thanks for sharing.

o

I agree with Brenda. Had a great time. I missed out on the variegated heliconia somehow, but I still came home with plenty to keep me busy so maybe next time.

o

I'm in agreement with Brenda and Karen. Had a wonderful time, I'm just sorry that I missed out eating/conversing with you guys. Please don't think I'm unsocial. I just found the nearest cleanest table and starting eating. Later, I looked up and everyone was eating under the shelter.

John - Thanks for being a great Host and Thanks for sharing your Nun's Orchid. I've shared it so far with one person and plan to share it with 2 other lucky people.

Ralph - If you will e-mail me your address, I'll send you your black eyed susan vine seeds. The seeds were in my pocketbook and I forgot to give them to you at the swap.

I hope to see everyone in the Fall.

o

Thanks everyone for coming!! Great crowd and good food. Sorry everyone had to endure my sniffly allergy melt down - I'd been fine all season but wouldn't you know the day of the swap I am practically bed ridden. It's a good thing no one showed up with privet or I would have shown you what a crazy man on hay fever drugs looks like (privet is my number one allergen). I just wish I could stop sneezing long enough to really embarrass Livian on her birthday.

I did my usual reverse of binge and purge. Came to swap planning on giving it all away and taking NOTHING back home only to carry home MORE than I brought.

I had planned on saying a few words about Miguel and how his clematis knowledge will be missed on these forums but I lost track of time during the chaos that is our swap.

In the future I think I will plan on leading a caravan over to Plant Delights after the swap, since I used to work there, know the back road way to get there easily and know that they could use the business. I also think I should post my cell phone number so that last minute emergencies can be better communicated.

Glad everyone came and swapped. Glad that once again the quality of plants surpassed expectations. Glad little Connor was smart enough to wander over to the playground nearby. I can't wait til the next one.

o

What a great time! It was nice putting more faces with online handles and getting to know some of you better. And it's always great to see the core group. I think i go as much or more to socialize as get plants these days! 'course i still came home with too many plants! Hoping we get some good rain so i can get stuff planted- thanks everyone for your generosity!

TJ- you're so funny! I think she was embarrassed enough, but thanks for the sweet(?) thoughts! :) I'll be sure to let her know! ha ha! Thanks everyone, for singing to her.

Given the number of folks who went to PDN afterwards, i think it's an awesome idea to take a caravan over. Cell phone is prolly a great idea too.

I'm glad i had my privet meltdown the day before- but i felt so bad for you! I was so happy i didn't see many around the shelter. I wish that nasty invasive plant was banned from being planted instead of hawked by every tom, dick & harry.

karen- topher was looking for whoever wanted the heliconia but none of us could recall exactly who wanted it. We knew it was a regular... but we all drew a blank. I guess you were elsewhere when we were all asking around. Bummer!

o

I was sorry to miss being with everyone this year. Today is the last day of the semester and the amount of things I have to finish is overwhelming. (I teach at a community college.)
I have some plants in pots which I will plan to bring to the fall swap and I will look forward to seeing everyone there.
Anna

o

Just want to say a big THANK YOU also for the good plants, good food and even better company of gardeners. My sister and niece were more than impressed and can't wait till the fall swap and will hopefully have plants to swap by then - if not I will more than cover for them again - they are transplants from PA with new homes and no gardens.

We went to PDN before the swap so really had our appetites wetted for plants and more plants at the swap. Thanks again everyone - you guys/gals are great......

Lynne

o

Magick --- I had the wrong label on the Nepeta -- its actually "Dropmore" instead of "Caradonna". Both are wonderful....

Had a fantastic time, and almost got all the plants in the ground yesterday, with my husband's help as a Mother's Day gift ;)

Now I can't wait till the fall swap !!!

o

Suzanne- thought i'd let you know that those ferns you brought me were christmas ferns. They are a great fern to have since they are evergreen. Thanks so much!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from North Carolina and South Carolina are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Carolina Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here